HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames offer Kiprusoff 1 yr- $1.4 in arbitration

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2004, 08:35 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Given the Flames payroll situation, the Wiemer signing is looking especially ill-timed. The $1.25 million could make a huge difference.
That is a funny way to spin it.

You figure if they had a "payroll situarion" the owners wouldn't have green lighted Sutter to sign Weimer. Its not like they didn't know they had to re-sign Kiprusoff.

Old
08-21-2004, 08:47 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Kipprusoff = being greedy. Big time. If he gets anything close to 4 million, that will be a horrible, horrible contract. the flames should give him a deal with a base of 2 mill, and alot of incentives, like games played, wins, and so on.

Old
08-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Given the Flames payroll situation, the Wiemer signing is looking especially ill-timed. The $1.25 million could make a huge difference.
Huh? If anything we dump Gauthier and his absurd 1.6 million. He's not that much better than Montador and Commodore.

Old
08-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
I'm feeling he'll get 2.5

or around there at least through arbitration.

I'd offer Kipper that, 2-2.5 I think is fair considering his experience not being as much as other goalies but what he did last year deserves a raise.

a 1 year deal worth 2 million, if he does as well next year for more then 38 some odd games then by all means lets talk 4 million a year long-term, but while he had an amazing run with the flames but so did Gigeure last year with the Ducks, people shouldn't be awarded/punished based one season or playoff run, they should be judged based on recent performance in a 2-3 year time period, Kipper is still unproven, that said this year(when ever it gets going) is his chance to continue to shine and earn a bigger pay check or not.

now lets all get drunk and play Yahtzee!

Old
08-21-2004, 11:15 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
I've got an idea that will help the Flames win the Cup next year instead of "just" getting to the SCF, then.

Why don't you trade Kipper for Cloutier? I mean, you get something proven!
Overlooking the obvious sarcasm, being 'proven' in arbitration and on the ice are very different things.
Arbitrators don't just look at the past seasons numbers, they look at consistency dating back a few seasons.

Kipper shouldn't top 2.2mil.

Old
08-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Ocelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Kipper shouldn't get anything over 3 mil. Yes he had a great run, but he has to prove it wasn't just one great year.
Yeah I agree. He had a great year but can he do that all year with 55-60 games? Guess we will see.

Old
08-22-2004, 05:18 PM
jstreim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
The Flames have the following forwards signed:

Steven Reinprect
Oleg Saprykin
Jordan Leopold
Robyn Regehr
Matthew Lombardi
Chris Simon
Chuk Kobasew
Toni Lydman
Andrew Ference
Marcus Nilson
Ville Nieminem
Shean Donovan
Denis Gautheir
Rhett Warrener
Stephane Yelle
Martin Gelinas
Chris Clark
Roman Turek
Steve Montador
Byron Ritchie
Mike Commodore
Jason Weimer
I don't want to nitpick but...Forwards?

As for the offer, I think $1.4 million with incentives seems fair enough for a 1-year deal. It gives him a shot at proving himself over the course of a full season, and his payday will come after next season if he can prove that last season wasn't a fluke.

Old
08-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Ozy_Flame

Kipper should make a base of $1.9, and the rest is earned in bonuses. I just don't see any other settlement viable for both teams. If Kipper is confident that he can repeat his performance (and the Flames going to give him every chance to do so), then this shouldn't be a difficult decision for him. I'd say he can make a case for himself regarding pay, but he has a huge weight working against him - inexperience.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Zodiac

With Aebischer getting $2.5 million ...I would say that Kiprusoff deserves about $3million.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:04 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
With Aebischer getting $2.5 million ...I would say that Kiprusoff deserves about $3million.
Why? Abs has played more games in the league and has more experience going for him.

Abs = 131 NHL games , 64 wins

Kipper = 85 games, 38 wins

Kipper has had 1 good season THAT is all. It was bsaically his first year. It is like if King from the Canucks continued to score and had to be resigned, would his conract be worth say a 30 goal scorer after 1 season? NOPE.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Why? Abs has played more games in the league and has more experience going for him.

Abs = 131 NHL games , 64 wins

Kipper = 85 games, 38 wins

Kipper has had 1 good season THAT is all. It was bsaically his first year. It is like if King from the Canucks continued to score and had to be resigned, would his conract be worth say a 30 goal scorer after 1 season? NOPE.
Well, it was the first year as a starter for both but your point is well taken.

Old
08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Zodiac

Quote:

Well, just as was already stated ...Kipper was nominated for the Vezina and set the modern goals against average record. Aebi hasn't done anything like that while playing on a better team (on paper). Kipper deserves more cash than Aebi, imo.

Closed Thread