HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay back this week

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
  #51
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
I can't believe some of you are suggesting that Pacioretty be sent down?

ARE YOU BLIND? HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED THE LAST FEW GAMES?

He is arguably one of our best players as of late: hitting, back-checking, making great passes, creating space for others, and bringing energy.

This kid is here for good.

Stewart, D'Ago, and Chips will be sent down in that order if anything changes (Tanguay, Lats to come back while Begin and Laraque continue to watch from above. Leave S. Kost in Hamilton the rest of the year. Size, grit, intentsity and SMARTS is what we need more of now - not finesse.)

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM
  #52
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I can't believe some of you are suggesting that Pacioretty be sent down?
Who said that Pacioretty has to be sent down?

Let's see it.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
  #53
mbz
Registered User
 
mbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Put AKost with Tanguay and Koivu please.

mbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
  #54
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,096
vCash: 827
Pacioretty-Koivu-Tanguay

Why not? Latendresse looked good with Koivu and Tanguay, so I could very well see Pacioretty (who's basically a faster version than Latendresse) do well too. More importantly, Koivu and Tanguay played great hockey when paired with a big guy.

Higgins can go on the third, eventually a Higgins-Lapierre-Latendresse would be a good shut down trio which could provide secondary scoring at times.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
  #55
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Begin isn't even playing when the team isn't healthy, so I don't see how he will be there if everyone is available to play.
Because in the playoffs Carbo plays bets, proof is last year, Bégin and Smolinski played every game, this year will be no different. We need 4 centers in the line-up, Lang is injured and there's no way Guy trusts Chipchura yet, Bégin is all we got...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
  #56
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Because in the playoffs Carbo plays bets, proof is last year, Bégin and Smolinski played every game, this year will be no different. We need 4 centers in the line-up, Lang is injured and there's no way Guy trusts Chipchura yet, Bégin is all we got...
yes but i think he remembers the penalty in the flyer series and the last game of the season before (that may be why begin play like 1 game every now and then, that and the fact that hes old)

anyway good news that tanguay's finally coming back, we didnt see much from him but he was putting up points. Bob gainey will probably say it's our deadline acquisition tho

Crystal Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
  #57
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Well, that would be my lineup when Lats will be back, and that Kovalev will be gone


Tanguay-Koivu-D'agostini (nuff said)
Andrei K-Plekanec-MaxPac (excellent second line)
Higgins-Lapierre-Latendresse (really good defensive line with a good scoring potential)
Stewart-Chipchura-Kostopoulos (useful 4th line)

see? every single line will have a specific role, we won't have any 2 1/2 offensive line ****
I guess you must have accidentally forgot our most talented and most productive forward.... what's his name again?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
  #58
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
I guess you must have accidentally forgot our most talented and most productive forward.... what's his name again?
oh yeah... we must accomodate lord Kovalev and disrupt the first combination of lines that have a true identity since the beginning of the year

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:11 PM
  #59
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenBonk View Post
yes but i think he remembers the penalty in the flyer series and the last game of the season before (that may be why begin play like 1 game every now and then, that and the fact that hes old)

anyway good news that tanguay's finally coming back, we didnt see much from him but he was putting up points. Bob gainey will probably say it's our deadline acquisition tho:whatever:

Isin't it? We just played 2 full months without a 1st line player that we have within the system

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
  #60
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
oh yeah... we must accomodate lord Kovalev and disrupt the first combination of lines that have a true identity since the beginning of the year
lol @ lord kovalev...
but he is our most productive forward and no stupid arguments can change that

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.