Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
I'd take a Perrin/Dupuis combo over one Armstrong any day of the week.

The difference between the two is that Perrin seems to need Dupuis, while Dupuis doesn't need Perrin.
You are smokin crack, dude.

Old
02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
You are smokin crack, dude.
Do you not remember the way those two played together last year? Not only were they a great PK pair (Unfortunately, our other forward pair on the PK was horrible), but they also provided more offensive chances on the PK than our 2nd PP unit xD

Perrin and Dupuis are fun players to watch when they're paired together.

Plus, Dupuis is a personal favorite. I like Armstrong, but not nearly as much as Dupuis.

Old
02-19-2009, 04:25 AM

I like Perrin ok, but there is no place on the team for Dupuis too. Its one or the other and we kept the better of the set.

Old
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
blankspace6

I'll be very happy when Perrin is not on this team come summertime. Hopefully even earlier.

Old
02-19-2009, 11:55 AM
pain2007

Quote:
I'd take a Perrin/Dupuis combo over one Armstrong any day of the week.

The difference between the two is that Perrin seems to need Dupuis, while Dupuis doesn't need Perrin.
Dupuis doesn't need Perrin to do what? He's got 16 points despite playing on a team that has Crosby and Malkin. Dupuis' trade value is zero. Maybe less than zero given his contract. No team would prefer Dupuis to Armstrong, not even close.

Old
02-19-2009, 12:23 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain2007 View Post
Dupuis doesn't need Perrin to do what? He's got 16 points despite playing on a team that has Crosby and Malkin. Dupuis' trade value is zero. Maybe less than zero given his contract. No team would prefer Dupuis to Armstrong, not even close.

Simmah. best I can figure is that Lux is a relative and started posting here as a symptom of that association.

Old
02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Simmah. best I can figure is that Lux is a relative and started posting here as a symptom of that association.
He bought a Dupuis sweater last season before Dupuis got sent to Pittsburgh.

Having said that, we have enough third and fourth line talent on this team. The more we can shed and perhaps convert into better players, the better this team will get. Therefore, it would be in Atlanta's best interest to refrain from making a move to get him back.

Old
02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Having said that, we have enough third and fourth line talent on this team. The more we can shed and perhaps convert into better players, the better this team will get. Therefore, it would be in Atlanta's best interest to refrain from making a move to get him back.
If you include guys like Stuart, Crabb, Lavallee, and perhaps for the short term Machacek I agree.

I think our 3rd and 4th lines this year did a very poor job, particularly when it comes to being effective PKers and playing solid team defense. Armstrong was probably the one NHL roster regular who played above what was expected for those lines.

We need to make room for those kids to come up.

Old
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I'm personally impressed with Army. As far as I can tell from the trade deadline deal last season, Atlanta traded Dupuis for Armstrong, Hossa for a pick and a prospect, and got Christensen for free.

It's always the freebie that you have to look out for.

Stuart, Crabb, and Lavallee are guys I look forward to seeing here - hopefully next season, and hopefully all will be here on a permanent basis.. Machacek in 2010-11, at the earliest, unless he gets an audition late next season. Those guys are our future, and it's doing the first three no good at all to continue playing in the AHL while dead weight occupy roster spots here.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
He bought a Dupuis sweater last season before Dupuis got sent to Pittsburgh.

Actually, I ended up with a Perrin jersey, but I originally wanted Dupuis, yes.

Old
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
It's been almost a year now, so I thought you placed the order for a Dupuis sweater just before the deadline deal took place. At least you're not stuck with that.

My mistake.

Old
02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
ArVeeDee

Quote:
Why in the hell would someone buy an Eric Perrin jersey? Of all the players...

Old
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
I'm personally impressed with Army. As far as I can tell from the trade deadline deal last season, Atlanta traded Dupuis for Armstrong, Hossa for a pick and a prospect, and got Christensen for free.

It's always the freebie that you have to look out for.
The scary thing is, from what I got out of Custace's reporting of the Hossa trade, that it was Armstrong who was the last minute add on that got the deal with Pittsburgh done.

Old
02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
Why in the hell would someone buy an Eric Perrin jersey? Of all the players...
Umm...there are people with Andy Sutton jerseys.

Old
02-24-2009, 12:35 AM
WingMachine91

hey guys, wings fan here and I am very big on colby. I think he might be a great piece to add on for this years cup run. What would it take from the wings side in order to get him and what does his contract look like

Old
02-24-2009, 01:45 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingMachine91 View Post
hey guys, wings fan here and I am very big on colby. I think he might be a great piece to add on for this years cup run. What would it take from the wings side in order to get him and what does his contract look like
He's an RFA after this season. What are we talking here, picks, roster player, prospect? Give me an idea of that and I'll tell you what I'd like.

Old
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingMachine91 View Post
I like Colby. He brings those "intangibles" to the ice. We're desperate for a center. How close to fair is Army for Filpulla? I don't know enough about the guy except that he's stuck behind two very talented centers.

Old
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
I like Colby. He brings those "intangibles" to the ice. We're desperate for a center. How close to fair is Army for Filpulla? I don't know enough about the guy except that he's stuck behind two very talented centers.
I think it might take more than Army to land Filppula. You're talking about a guy who just re-signed last year until 2012-2013, at which time he becomes UFA. At least one draft pick or prospect (possibly one of each) from Atlanta might be in order to pull that trade off. Filppula has a lot of upside, plus he's only 24. It would be a tremendous pick-up for Atlanta.

On top of that, Filppula is a pretty nice piece to the playoff puzzle for Detroit. I can't see them doing that deal mid-season.

Closed Thread