HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No TV and No Beer make Homer something something...

Old
02-23-2009, 08:39 AM
dmonk
doughberle

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
From reports from some of the Russian guys who watched a lot of him last year for Omsk they said they wouldn't have wanted him back anyways. They said he was below average in his own zone and shot too much. I wouldn't call that a ringing endorsement.
I am not sure where you got these reports from, but from Russian guys I've been talking too, they were pretty pissed off he left Omsk where he was No.1 defenseman and played in all situations.

IMHO, between Chicago, Omsk and Carolina, Carolina deserves the least amount of credit in Babchuk's development.

Babchuk got lucky in Carolina this year when coaching change came and Mo saw something in Babchuk Lavi didn't see and gave him his trust.
In a way condifence is important to Babs as much as it is important to Corvo. Babchuk is awfull when he is not confident.

On a different note, how many times a guy can fall on ice during the game? I am tired watching Babchuk losing an edge half a dozen times during the same game and landing on his butt.

Last edited by dmonk: 02-23-2009 at 09:18 AM.
dmonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
canesnecu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
I am not sure where you got these reports from, but from Russian guys I've been talking too, they were pretty pissed off he left Omsk where he was No.1 defenseman and played in all situations.

IMHO, between Chicago, Omsk and Carolina, Carolina deserves the least amount of credit in Babchuk's development.

Babchuk got lucky in Carolina this year when coaching change came and Mo saw something in Babchuk Lavi didn't see and gave him his trust.
In a way condifence is important to Babs as much as it is important to Corvo. Babchuk is awfull when he is not confident.

On a different note, how many time a guy can fall on ice during the game? I am tired watching Babchuk losing an edge haf a dozen times during the same game and landing on his butt.
well done. And Babchuk is the perfect poster child for this team with his jekyl and hyde play. Sometimes he looks great and I think he's over the hump, and then next thing you know, he coughs up the puck with some bonehead decision. His inconsistent play mirrors the team perfectly. I think this is the best we get from him(go ahead, fire away). He may show improved play some nights and other nights, its back to old play. Its not awful though cause an inconsistent Babs is better than a no show Babs in the press box cause we have Kabs for that. When Babs is on, he looks really good, when he's not he looks really bad. As of late, the good out weighs the bad.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:57 AM
caniac247

I don't care too much on who gets credit for Babchuk's development, I just wish someone would step up and teach the dude how to skate. His skating his horrendeous to me. Last night a seatmate mentioned how it looks like he is thinking too much on his skating. Maybe that's his problem, I don't know, but IMHO his skating has to improve before he can be mentioned as a top 4 defenseman. And frankly I don't think he'll ever be a legit top 4 defenseman.

Bash away, I just don't see him as this great defenseman that alot of you are seeing. Sure he has some good moments and I even find myself saying way to go Babs or good play Babs, but I just don't see him as a top 4 guy ever. I like him much better when he's on the 3rd pairing.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

Quote:
LFH, it looks like we have a serious competition going on. I suggest we create an alliance against the new threat.
You take easy part - get tickets. I'll take hard one - take WalkerBabe to the game.
I dunno, you seem much more adept at getting tickets. I'll take WalkerBabe to the game, and you get the tickets, you have connections, I don't

Tank King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarosefortheHart View Post
I dunno, you seem much more adept at getting tickets. I'll take WalkerBabe to the game, and you get the tickets, you have connections, I don't
Come on, just ask Joni or Tuomo to get you tickets to the wolves den when they show up to get a burrito next time. You are the one with connections.

I was simply lucky enough to get couple of free tickets as a promotion for former STH members.

Old
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
impeach estaalo

Babchuk is better than Gleason and will be our #3 defenseman by the beginning of next season.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:01 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Finally someone with real hockey knowledge shows up. You all know nothing about hockey...

Old
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Al Bundy*

Quote:
The Carolina/Whaler franchise hasn't beaten the Avalanche in almost 13 years.
They could have done that in 2002. The Canes could have been heading to the Rockies in June.

Al Bundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
I don't care too much on who gets credit for Babchuk's development, I just wish someone would step up and teach the dude how to skate. His skating his horrendeous to me. Last night a seatmate mentioned how it looks like he is thinking too much on his skating. Maybe that's his problem, I don't know, but IMHO his skating has to improve before he can be mentioned as a top 4 defenseman. And frankly I don't think he'll ever be a legit top 4 defenseman.

Bash away, I just don't see him as this great defenseman that alot of you are seeing. Sure he has some good moments and I even find myself saying way to go Babs or good play Babs, but I just don't see him as a top 4 guy ever. I like him much better when he's on the 3rd pairing.
i agree with what your saying for sure. i like babs, but havent seen anything there to warrant a top 4 spot. been saying it for a while now, youre right his skating just isnt there to be a high end guy. he doesnt have a lot of lateral speed, he isnt bad straight on going forwards once he gets some momentum but he isnt agile, and is flat out slow in his own end. him and pitts together are a mess in our end. he also lacks strength on his skates, he gets knocked off plays WAY too easy and doesnt fight his way back into the play well, gets outmuscled to important patches of ice. he has improved as his confidence has improved, and he starting to use the shot more effectively which is nice, but he looks more like a 5-6 guy till he somehow gets some happy feet, and some strength.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
WalkerBabe

Quote:
LFH, it looks like we have a serious competition going on. I suggest we create an alliance against the new threat.
You take easy part - get tickets. I'll take hard one - take WalkerBabe to the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarosefortheHart View Post
Okay, guys ... as long as the tickets are in the Lexus Club OR first or second row center *on ice* ... we have a date! (Which one of you looks like Sawyer on "Lost?" )

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerBabe View Post
Okay, guys ... as long as the tickets are in the Lexus Club OR first or second row center *on ice* ... we have a date! (Which one of you looks like Sawyer on "Lost?" )
mmmm...... you do look like Eva Longoria, right?

Will anyone create GDT for tonight? 'cause i am counting until three and do it myself, and you all know what that means. So someone, hurry up.

Old
02-24-2009, 12:36 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Had to get this up before it's too late.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

Mo should show the guys this video right before they go out to play.

Old
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
That. Is. Intense.

Go on Mo, show the lads.

I'd keep one eye on little LaRose though, him watching that... he may go a little crazy with the way that builds up and all. Little guy can't help it. He is like a raging bull.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

I just hope he changes out of his skates before he tires to kick anybody in the face.