HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Leafs' Kaberle rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
  #1
Phate5
Registered User
 
Phate5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Belfast
Country: Ireland
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Value of Leafs' Kaberle rises

Nothing that we havent already heard but interesting article nonetheless -
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/592032

Looks like J.Martin is playing the same game as Burkey, arguing that player is too valuable to move and will need a major offer to consider trade. However Jaybo is probably the other main DMan out there with Kabs but interesting that Martin is only interested in nhl ready returns, prospects/futures out of the question. Only natural most playoff competitors will be looking to add without subtraction from their roster, does this now mean Kabs is even more attractive to playoff bound teams as we would be more than willing to take picks/prospects?

Phate5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
  #2
leafs123
Registered User
 
leafs123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
the difference is that the leafs will not make the playoffs. and the panthers need to make the playoffs.

leafs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
  #3
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymullan View Post
Nothing that we havent already heard but interesting article nonetheless -
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/592032

Looks like J.Martin is playing the same game as Burkey, arguing that player is too valuable to move and will need a major offer to consider trade. However Jaybo is probably the other main DMan out there with Kabs but interesting that Martin is only interested in nhl ready returns, prospects/futures out of the question. Only natural most playoff competitors will be looking to add without subtraction from their roster, does this now mean Kabs is even more attractive to playoff bound teams as we would be more than willing to take picks/prospects?
JayBo seems a fit out west (would Florida really want to face him in a playoff game?), and Kaberle seems to work to the east anyway, so I don't see a big competition amongst them anyway.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM
  #4
bluumax
Registered User
 
bluumax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: england
Country: England
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
jaybo still will garner the most seein as though he could be sent to a bottom feeder if martin wanted. or does he have a ntc?

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
  #5
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 500
The price is the price is the price.
(Thx Jean Chrétien)

Hahah. Seriously.

1 (good) young roster player + 1 top level prospect + 1st rnd.


If that doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I rather like this strategy. I think someone will definitely bite come trade deadline if not for any other reason than if (whichever) that team doesn't than the next one will.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
  #6
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,400
vCash: 500
jaybo is also a headcase without a contract who many not want to play in a big market, and will expect 7+/year

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
  #7
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 36,283
vCash: 500
is there a kaberle - boumeister deal in the works?
we'd need something else too.
as well as agreeing on a new deal for jay bo

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:28 PM
  #8
facey
Registered User
 
facey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Jbo - Kabby

with a conditional 2nd rounder for us if they make the playoffs
and a conditional 2010 first if Jbo doesn't resign w/us.

maybe we could grab a mid-range prospect...repik, sorta thing (don't they have the swede goalie from WJC?)

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
  #9
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
Jbo - Kabby

with a conditional 2nd rounder for us if they make the playoffs
and a conditional 2010 first if Jbo doesn't resign w/us.

maybe we could grab a mid-range prospect...repik, sorta thing (don't they have the swede goalie from WJC?)
Jacob Markstrom is considered more than just a mid-range prospect.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
  #10
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
jaybo is also a headcase without a contract who many not want to play in a big market, and will expect 7+/year
i'd pass on Jaybo,keep Kaberle & concentrate on signing those Leaf NCAA draft picks that look to make the jump to the NHL.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
  #11
middletoe
Why am I me?
 
middletoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymullan View Post
Nothing that we havent already heard but interesting article nonetheless -
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/592032

Looks like J.Martin is playing the same game as Burkey, arguing that player is too valuable to move and will need a major offer to consider trade. However Jaybo is probably the other main DMan out there with Kabs but interesting that Martin is only interested in nhl ready returns, prospects/futures out of the question. Only natural most playoff competitors will be looking to add without subtraction from their roster, does this now mean Kabs is even more attractive to playoff bound teams as we would be more than willing to take picks/prospects?
I think it puts more focus on Kaberle which is never a bad thing. So ya, I'll guess you're right.

middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.