HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado and Montreal

Old
02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Colorado and Montreal

To Montreal:

Jordan Leopold
2nd round pick

To Colorado

Christopher Higgins

Rationale:

Montreal currently has a logjam at the wings and are looking for a D to round out their top 4.

Colorado obtains a good young two way forward to solidify their third line (with the ability to be a serviceable 2nd liner if called upon).

I dont normally do these proposals, but I think this one could be feasable.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
To Montreal:

Jordan Leopold
2nd round pick

To Colorado

Christopher Higgins

Rationale:

Montreal currently has a logjam at the wings and are looking for a D to round out their top 4.

Colorado obtains a good young two way forward to solidify their third line (with the ability to be a serviceable 2nd liner if called upon).

I dont normally do these proposals, but I think this one could be feasable.
As ****** as Leopold has been, why would Colorado give up a 2nd round pick in a year they're rebuilding for a player who if memory serves is a UFA?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
As ****** as Leopold has been, why would Colorado give up a 2nd round pick in a year they're rebuilding for a player who if memory serves is a UFA?
Higgins is an RFA and currently sits at 1.7 mil per. He hasn't been able to play up to a level that warrants any time of substantial raise.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Higgins is an RFA and currently sits at 1.7 mil per. He hasn't been able to play up to a level that warrants any time of substantial raise.
RFA at sub $2m is really cheap to sign to an offer sheet.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
PeterTheGreat

First off, who said Leopold has been bad? He has not been bad at all. He's been pretty good this year.

Secondly, Im not interested in Higgins. He's had a terrible year and rumours of his night life in Montreal doesn't interest me.

Thirdly, Colorado is not in any position to be dealing picks, especially a 2nd rounder.

Hell no from Colorado.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
RFA at sub $2m is really cheap to sign to an offer sheet.
Are there many teams around who would be interested to overpay and lose one or more draft picks for Higgins?

And Colorado would still have plenty of time between the deadline and July to sign him anyway.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
I would also like to add that Leopold is an impending UFA

Old
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Colton2233

Not bad I think Higgins getting out of Montreal would be good for him

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Are there many teams around who would be interested to overpay and lose one or more draft picks for Higgins?

And Colorado would still have plenty of time between the deadline and July to sign him anyway.
Well you're presumably suggesting that at least one team (namely Colorado) would be willing to give up a 2nd round pick and Jordan Leopold (who would probably command at least a mid round draft pick on deadline day); so I mean, I guess the answer is yes if it's worth it to Colorado to make this trade in the first place.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:42 PM
sandman08

unless theres an injury i missed, but who out of the current top 4 of markov, komisarek, schneider and hamrlik would get bumped down to play with gorges? or would leopold join gorges on the 3rd pair?

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
unless theres an injury i missed, but who out of the current top 4 of markov, komisarek, schneider and hamrlik would get bumped down to play with gorges? or would leopold join gorges on the 3rd pair?
Either or...

You can't have too much depth on D come playoff time.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - Leopold

looks pretty damn good.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Either or...

You can't have too much depth on D come playoff time.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - Leopold

looks pretty damn good.
I don't doubt this would be a good trade for Montreal from the perspective of depth or whatever else.

Where i have serious doubts is why Colorado would even contemplate this trade.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 50
Higgins could be a decent buy low deal, but I doubt the Avs want to move a pick. I also think that package could get more elsewhere. And the Avs have no real need for another center with Stastny, Wolski and sakic still hanging around.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
I don't doubt this would be a good trade for Montreal from the perspective of depth or whatever else.

Where i have serious doubts is why Colorado would even contemplate this trade.
Perhaps theres indication that Leopold may not be coming back next season?

Old
quesosauce

colorado says no, keep higgins give us your 2nd and 3rd and we'll call it evens

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
And equally plausibly perhaps there's talk that Jordan Leopold hates french people. I mean, we can pull theories out of our behinds for any players.

This deal would be terrible for Colorado.

Their draft pick will be HIGH 2nd round. Sorry but, Higgins just isn't that attractive.

In fact, nobody on the Montreal Roster is really *that* attractive. I can't say there's anyone that makes me go "****, I want to add that player". Price maybe I guess? Would have said the brothers, but then with their coke antics as of late...

Old
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Even so, if we traded Leopold at the deadline, Im sure we'd be able to at least get a 2nd rounder plus a decent prospect back.

So why would we trade our second, and a player who can bring us back another 2nd and possibly another prospect for Chris Higgins?

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Take out the 2nd and I'd do it.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
And the Avs have no real need for another center with Stastny, Wolski and sakic still hanging around.
Higgins has been mostly playing LW since he became pro.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Higgins has been mostly playing LW since he became pro.
I see, my bad.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
And equally plausibly perhaps there's talk that Jordan Leopold hates french people. I mean, we can pull theories out of our behinds for any players.

This deal would be terrible for Colorado.

Their draft pick will be HIGH 2nd round. Sorry but, Higgins just isn't that attractive.

In fact, nobody on the Montreal Roster is really *that* attractive. I can't say there's anyone that makes me go "****, I want to add that player". Price maybe I guess? Would have said the brothers, but then with their coke antics as of late...
Coke antics? You do understand that neither player named in the newspaper article have been charged? They just knew the guy who got busted, not sure where the crime is in that.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Coke antics? You do understand that neither player named in the newspaper article have been charged? They just knew the guy who got busted, not sure where the crime is in that.
Well, from the article I read, they used him to get "cars, women, booze".... I don't know... Any time I read about stars using a drug dealer to get those types of things, I tend to think it's not that far out of line to think some other services were rendered too.

In any case, it's just a convenient way of lampooning them and indicating the types of problems they might have. That's all.

Old
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Well, from the article I read, they used him to get "cars, women, booze".... I don't know... Any time I read about stars using a drug dealer to get those types of things, I tend to think it's not that far out of line to think some other services were rendered too.

In any case, it's just a convenient way of lampooning them and indicating the types of problems they might have. That's all.
I guess it will all play out. I find it odd that young NHL players with cash to burn would need to get a drug dealer to get cars, women and booze.

My main complaint in this is that you bring it up to lessen their worth has hockey players, when there is absolutely nothing being done to either player. The only thing they're guilty of right now is poor judgment. Nothing else.

Joe Sakic almost lost his hand due to a second of poor judgment, it happens to the best.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
I guess it will all play out. I find it odd that young NHL players with cash to burn would need to get a drug dealer to get cars, women and booze.

My main complaint in this is that you bring it up to lessen their worth has hockey players, when there is absolutely nothing being done to either player. The only thing they're guilty of right now is poor judgment. Nothing else.

Joe Sakic almost lost his hand due to a second of poor judgment, it happens to the best.
I like Joe.

Old
02-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

So a guy who almost loses his hand in a snowblower with the motor OFF = hanging out with a drug dealer.

Both are errors in judgement but are EQUAL in your eyes ? lol

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote