HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Scandal Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Travis Moen

vCash: 500
You replied yes to all the question so I can fairly assume that you are in fact a bruins fan in disguise.

Old
02-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
You replied yes to all the question so I can fairly assume that you are in fact a bruins fan in disguise.
I suppose you forgot a few

Old
02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Etienne

Well, that was predictable.

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/bertrand...rtrand-raymond

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269756.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...252/story.html

After the argument... the make-up sex. After weeks of bashing, made up rumors and a collective ego masturbation on 110%, Antichambre and CKAC thursday night, all the medias are downplaying everything after they've seen that basically no one cares if the K bros know a criminal and that Kovy is still popular. Expect a lovefest from the medias this week if the team is just decent.

AND NO RDS, YOU MORONS AND YOUR FALSE CONTROVERSIES ARE NOT HELPING.

Sorry, had to get it out.

Old
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Well, that was predictable.

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/bertrand...rtrand-raymond

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269756.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...252/story.html

After the argument... the make-up sex. After weeks of bashing, made up rumors and a collective ego masturbation on 110%, Antichambre and CKAC thursday night, all the medias are downplaying everything after they've seen that basically no one cares if the K bros know a criminal and that Kovy is still popular. Expect a lovefest from the medias this week if the team is just decent.

AND NO RDS, YOU MORONS AND YOUR FALSE CONTROVERSIES ARE NOT HELPING.

Sorry, had to get it out.

Oh... you mean it was made up?

I would never have guessed

Old
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee

Old
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
That looks like Joel Bouchard.

Old
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That looks like Joel Bouchard.
he got the same shoe than I do!!!!

Old
02-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
he got the same shoe than I do!!!!
All.Day.I.Dream.About.Stanley

Old
02-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Ledevin

http://www.corussports.com/blog/pat_...what-a-zoo.php

What Pat Burns has to say.

Old
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
MrNasty

Hamrlik speaks about his situation to Czech media.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph..._to_the_media/

http://tn.nova.cz/sport/hokej/nhl/ex...ym-bossem.html

and for it translated in google: http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Old
02-24-2009, 03:59 PM
3TB3*

the real scandal of it is it took the focus off the terrible jobs both carbonneau and gainey are doing and have been doing here.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
CanadienErrant*

Not everything had been revealed...

Let's wait.

Put this thread to sleep for a while.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Ape Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Not everything had been revealed...

Let's wait.

Put this thread to sleep for a while.
Is it just me or do you want something to come out?

Old
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Is it just me or do you want something to come out?
I don't care - if it's nothing criminal -

As long as the players react positively, get more mature, stick together, and play better, I don't care really.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Domenic

Quote:

As long as the players react positively, get more mature, stick together, and play better, I don't care really.
Could turn out to be the massive kick in the as* this team needed. By the way, not sure if this has been posted, but Jean Perron on TLMEP has been uploaded to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL1rxf577xQ (1/2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJHiSBkPn2k (2/2)

Old
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Ape Clutch

Quote:

Then you should stop caring no? Because the police has said repeatedly that no players have been arrested and no charges will be coming for any of the players.

As far as I can understand, doesn't that mean there isn't anything criminal going on?

Then again smoking weed is a criminal offense

Old
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Gilles Tremblay

Today's Bertrand Raymond column implies it's only a matter of time before the scandal gets exposed. http://www.ruefrontenac.com/bertrand...trand-canadien

Where has Koivu been in all of this? Does he have a role to play in all of this, either in the room towards some players, or to the public to explain or defend his teammates or his jersey?

I have not seen an iota of leadership from him, apart from his critic-proof work-ethic. Perhaps he is told to be silent about this by the Habs PR brass, maybe, perhaps we'll learn later he did try to prevent a bad situation. But more and more I wish they would trade Koivu (to a good team where they would be no pressure on his back to be a leader but still contribute to a playoff push) and give the C to Kovalev, for better or for worst. Kovi would seem to be an imperfect captain, but he does seem to care and his heart is in the right place. Koivu's not a bad guy, but he doesn't have much leadership and he seems tired to be carrying the torch.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
Today's Bertrand Raymond column implies it's only a matter of time before the scandal gets exposed. http://www.ruefrontenac.com/bertrand...trand-canadien

Where has Koivu been in all of this? Does he have a role to play in all of this, either in the room towards some players, or to the public to explain or defend his teammates or his jersey?

I have not seen an iota of leadership from him, apart from his critic-proof work-ethic. Perhaps he is told to be silent about this by the Habs PR brass, maybe, perhaps we'll learn later he did try to prevent a bad situation. But more and more I wish they would trade Koivu (to a good team where they would be no pressure on his back to be a leader but still contribute to a playoff push) and give the C to Kovalev, for better or for worst. Kovi would seem to be an imperfect captain, but he does seem to care and his heart is in the right place. Koivu's not a bad guy, but he doesn't have much leadership and he seems tired to be carrying the torch.
What a bunch of bull crap....All the Koivu hating maggots crawl out every time something goes wrong with the team. How is Koivu's leadership at all relevant if three guys have befriended a mafioso. Is he supposed to be a hen mother?

Old
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

Are you sure you're first name is Gilles? I know a Tremblay named Mario that would make this kind of decision

First : Koivu has a no trade clause which he won't wave.

Second : How the hell does that help us? If we get a center back for Koivu he likely won't be half the player Koivu is and if we don't (picks is probably what we would get for a UFA) who is our second line center?

Third : How can you know Koivu has no leadership? And Kovalev replacing him? Give me a break... Let me guess you also think Kovy plays better with the C?

All this would do is destroy the team completely and obliterate any chance we make the playoffs on the centennial (in other words, its not the time to rebuild)

Now if you tell me we'd simply have to acquire another center to replace Koivu then why not acquire the center AND keep Koivu if its that easy!

Old
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

Just because guy is loud does not make him a good leader. Koivu is good leader behind closed doors. He is not the type to go blabbing to the media, and that is what the Habs need from their captain. The last thing the Habs need is more controversy. Just because you're not loud does not mean you don't have heart either. Koivu is an immensely better captain than Kovalev.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
sheed36

Quote:

Why should Koivu have anything to say regarding the off ice issues of this teammates? What they do away from the rink is none of his concern if you ask me and he shouldn't have to answer for those involved....Sure he can go public and say he is fully supporting his teammates but is that really going to make a difference....

You can be sure Gainey as told his players to not talk about the off ice issues and concentrate on hockey and let management deal with the off ice issues..

As for questioning Koivu's leadership how do you know he is not providing it behind the scenes? Just because he is not showing it in public doesn't necessarily mean he is not showing it behind closed doors...

The way I see it is the Habs organization are handling this about as good as they can right now...Let management deal with it and keep the players quiet about this whole fiasco....

Old
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Ape Clutch

Quote:

I can agree that Koivu has been quiet. But to go as far as to think that this is justifiable grounds for trading him is preposterous. Second Kovalev with the C.

Really ?

Old
02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
I can agree that Koivu has been quiet. But to go as far as to think that this is justifiable grounds for trading him is preposterous. Second Kovalev with the C.

Really ?
When you have a situation that has legal implications, you want the team captain offering opinions ? One guy does that and he spoke Friday. Criticize the fact that he was awful against Pittsburgh, but for not adressing media for wayward teammates ? He wears the C he doesn't change diapers.

Old
02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
JudasPriced

My brain hurts from all this nonsense.

Old
02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

You, sir, are truly a waste of hot air.

Closed Thread