HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Duncan Keith to montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
  #1
DiXEN8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Duncan Keith to montreal

just wondering... What would it take to get him with a HABS uniform

I don't want to know if he's available or not... I just want to know what chicago would ask from montreal
thx

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
  #2
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
hummm. he's untouchable !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
  #3
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Given his contract and the fact that he's one of the top 5 d-men in the game, there's no way the Blackhawks would deal him.

We out west that have to see him at least 4 times a year know how damn good he is. I've seen some media guys lately give the man his due props but, he is vastly underrated.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
  #4
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
  #5
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban?
++ ...

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
  #6
STAALing
 
STAALing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Why do the dumbest threads always involve Montreal ? Probably a troll.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
  #7
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Just to play along,

Keith and Sopel (eat his salary)

for

Subban, Pacioretty, McDonagh, and 3 1st rounders.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:40 PM
  #8
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Given his contract and the fact that he's one of the top 5 d-men in the game, there's no way the Blackhawks would deal him.

We out west that have to see him at least 4 times a year know how damn good he is. I've seen some media guys lately give the man his due props but, he is vastly underrated.
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:41 PM
  #9
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?
He's better than Pronger and Niedermayer, IMO..

Redwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
  #10
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?
Defensively, yes, I would say he is. I'm pretty sure he's first in the league in plus-minus, and he's always on the ice against other team's top lines.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
  #11
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Given his contract and the fact that he's one of the top 5 d-men in the game, there's no way the Blackhawks would deal him.

We out west that have to see him at least 4 times a year know how damn good he is. I've seen some media guys lately give the man his due props but, he is vastly underrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Just to play along,

Keith and Sopel (eat his salary)

for

Subban, Pacioretty, McDonagh, and 3 1st rounders.
While I agree Keith is a much better d-man than most give him credit for I'd suggest you may want to consider changing your username to KeithFan4Life.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
  #12
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?
I think most people who've seen him a lot this season would put him in that category, yes.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
  #13
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
He's better than Pronger and Niedermayer, IMO..
.....

.....

.....


What do you say to that? I'd take Nierdermayer over Keith any day, no matter how good the Chicago fans might think he is.

That said, the first trade suggested seemed reasonable.

Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban..... That's a pretty solid package. Maybe add in an older roster player to add some incentive for Chicago (who wants to win now), but other then that, yeah.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
  #14
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?
Wouldn't include Niedermayer in there anymore.

Keith is somewhere in the column of...

Lidstrom
Chara
Pronger
Phaneuf
Markov
Kaberle
Bouwmeester
Timonen
Zubov
Gonchar
Niedermayer
Wideman
Weber
Burns
Regehr
Boyle
Campbell
Green

etc....those arent necessarily in order and im sure im missing some players, but he fits somewhere in this list of players.

Id probably only put 5 or 6 of those guys above him.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
  #15
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, he's in the category with these players ?

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermayer ?
Absolutely.

In fact, if I had to build a team right now, there's not a d-man in the league i'd rather start with than Duncan Keith. This is taking into account his age and contract.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
  #16
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
He's better than Pronger and Niedermayer, IMO..
Fans of teams in the Central get it.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
  #17
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
While I agree Keith is a much better d-man than most give him credit for I'd suggest you may want to consider changing your username to KeithFan4Life.
I think it was fair value considering what his contract is.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
  #18
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
.....

.....

.....


What do you say to that? I'd take Nierdermayer over Keith any day, no matter how good the Chicago fans might think he is.

That said, the first trade suggested seemed reasonable.

Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban..... That's a pretty solid package. Maybe add in an older roster player to add some incentive for Chicago (who wants to win now), but other then that, yeah.
Niedermayer 2 Years Ago > Keith
Niedermayer Now < Keith

And im a Duck fan. It's close between Pronger and Keith and id take CP likely but it is close and Keith shoulder overtake him in a couple years with the age playing a factor in this result.

It's a solid package for a team rebuilding. Chicago wants to win now and the only player ready there for a top role right now might be Plekanec. And he is only a 2nd liner on a good team..maybe not even that considering his inconsistency this year.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
  #19
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
.....

.....

.....


What do you say to that? I'd take Nierdermayer over Keith any day, no matter how good the Chicago fans might think he is.

That said, the first trade suggested seemed reasonable.

Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban..... That's a pretty solid package. Maybe add in an older roster player to add some incentive for Chicago (who wants to win now), but other then that, yeah.
Thats fine. I didn't say everyone in the world would agree with me..

Plekanec, Pacioretty and Subban for Keith is not even close.. There is no reason for the Hawks to make that deal.. What is your reasons for thinking thats a smart deal for the Hawks?

Redwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
  #20
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Keith is really, really good. I'd peg him around top 15 in terms of ability, but when you factor in age and contract that pushes his value even higher. I don't see how a team could trade for him.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:52 PM
  #21
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
Thats fine. I didn't say everyone in the world would agree with me..

Plekanec, Pacioretty and Subban for Keith is not even close.. There is no reason for the Hawks to make that deal.. What is your reasons for thinking thats a smart deal for the Hawks?
One note, first, if I may:
When I suggest compensation for players, I don't always consider "would both sides make the trade". This is a pointless thing to examine, because sometimes the teams suggested wouldn't actually trade anyway. I try to offer what I think would be a relatively close deal in terms of, what team A would need to give up to get team B interested.

On that:
For the most part, very very few players are "untouchable". Keith's very good, but the Hawks do have quite a few good young defencemen, and B. Campbell locked up long-term for the rest of the century . Keith is playing really well, but he'll get a raise soon enough, and that'll make it tough to have $12-15M committed to two defencemen, particularly when you consider Seabrook and Barker in there as well.

I don't really like Montreal much, but P.K. Subben seems like the real deal. He'll be cheaper in the long-run than Keith will be; so that's a consideration. Even if he's just top 4, that works fine. Pacioretty and Plekanec offer some more firepower up front, on a really loaded team, again, at a fairly good price tag.

I'm mostly thinking in terms of building the franchise / competing.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
  #22
DiXEN8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzner and Doughty View Post
Why do the dumbest threads always involve Montreal ? Probably a troll.
I was just asking about value... I don't give a **** if they would do it or not, I'm just wondering what he's worth to the eyes of chicago fans

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
  #23
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I think most people who've seen him a lot this season would put him in that category, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
He's better than Pronger and Niedermayer, IMO..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan84 View Post
Defensively, yes, I would say he is. I'm pretty sure he's first in the league in plus-minus, and he's always on the ice against other team's top lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Absolutely.

In fact, if I had to build a team right now, there's not a d-man in the league i'd rather start with than Duncan Keith. This is taking into account his age and contract.
What exactly are guys all basing this on ? Overall play, or overall play and bang for you buck too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Wouldn't include Niedermayer in there anymore.

Keith is somewhere in the column of...

Lidstrom
Chara
Pronger
Phaneuf
Markov
Kaberle
Bouwmeester
Timonen
Zubov
Gonchar
Niedermayer
Wideman
Weber
Burns
Regehr
Boyle
Campbell
Green

etc....those arent necessarily in order and im sure im missing some players, but he fits somewhere in this list of players.

Id probably only put 5 or 6 of those guys above him.
If I were to make a team right now and couldn't go back to some of those players prime, then yeah, he'd be 6, or 7th.

I'll definitely check out some Chicago games.

Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Weber, Burns, Boyle, Bouwmeester, Green, and maybe Gonchar.

Ones I'd take him for sure over. Campbell (This guy sucks and is waaaaaay overpaid) Zubov (Cause he's hurt)

Markov doesn't get a group, cause he's on Montréal, I'd probably be too biased

Others that are effy. The rest. I need to see this guy play for sure, though.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
  #24
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHFanHIGGINS View Post
I was just asking about value... I don't give a **** if they would do it or not, I'm just wondering what he's worth to the eyes of chicago fans
Probably Markov then.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
  #25
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
One note, first, if I may:
When I suggest compensation for players, I don't always consider "would both sides make the trade". This is a pointless thing to examine, because sometimes the teams suggested wouldn't actually trade anyway. I try to offer what I think would be a relatively close deal in terms of, what team A would need to give up to get team B interested.

On that:
For the most part, very very few players are "untouchable". Keith's very good, but the Hawks do have quite a few good young defencemen, and B. Campbell locked up long-term for the rest of the century . Keith is playing really well, but he'll get a raise soon enough, and that'll make it tough to have $12-15M committed to two defencemen, particularly when you consider Seabrook and Barker in there as well.

I don't really like Montreal much, but P.K. Subben seems like the real deal. He'll be cheaper in the long-run than Keith will be; so that's a consideration. Even if he's just top 4, that works fine. Pacioretty and Plekanec offer some more firepower up front, on a really loaded team, again, at a fairly good price tag.

I'm mostly thinking in terms of building the franchise / competing.
I'd say Keith is pretty close to untouchable.. The offer would have to blow them away for them to be interested.. Because there really is no point in trading him.. Especially not for young players. Chicago wants to win now.

They have been stacking up on great prospects for a few years now, why would they deal their best player and take a huge step back when they are ready to compete right now?

Redwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.