HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone know how to go about getting a zamboni license in Toronto?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
  #1
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Anyone know how to go about getting a zamboni license in Toronto?

I live near a couple rinks and I think that would be a pretty cool job (lol pun). I tried google and it failed me, does anyone know a training school or something similar?

Thanks

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
  #2
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
I live near a couple rinks and I think that would be a pretty cool job (lol pun). I tried google and it failed me, does anyone know a training school or something similar?

Thanks
The people I know usually start with becoming a rink attendant then after a year or two are trained on the Zamboni. Usually pays decently for part-time work. So I'd try and become a rink attendant first.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  #3
TOG26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,552
vCash: 500
As said above, back home for me it was the progression from rink rat, as people left and those people had higher seniority. Never had any specific "license" more just training from people before they left. Was kinda fun with the old school tractor/zamboni setup . Good old small town arena's.

TOG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
  #4
ACC1224
vs. New Orleans
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 29,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
The people I know usually start with becoming a rink attendant then after a year or two are trained on the Zamboni. Usually pays decently for part-time work. So I'd try and become a rink attendant first.
That's how I always thought it worked...quit school in grade nine and be a rink rat until your time comes.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
  #5
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
That's how I always thought it worked...quit school in grade nine and be a rink rat until your time comes.
I should quit grade 9?

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
  #6
ACC1224
vs. New Orleans
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 29,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
I should quit grade 9?
I don't make the rules.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
  #7
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I don't make the rules.
I'm finishing my BA this semester and then starting on my masters degree in criminology from U of T in September. What exactly do you do Mr. 14,030 posts?

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
  #8
ACC1224
vs. New Orleans
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 29,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
I'm finishing my BA this semester and then starting on my masters degree in criminology from U of T in September. What exactly do you do Mr. 14,030 posts?
As little as possible.

I wasn't suggesting you were in grade 9. That's how it worked in my home town is all.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
  #9
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
Ask this guy



Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
  #10
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
I'm finishing my BA this semester and then starting on my masters degree in criminology from U of T in September. What exactly do you do Mr. 14,030 posts?
I don't know that I would ask this guy for advice- he's not the most insightful poster on these boards based on his ill-advised generalizations of people

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
  #11
Woodman19
#TeamBernier
 
Woodman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Ask this guy


hahaha wow, I think i need to clean my pants just as much as he did

Woodman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
  #12
Madic
Registered User
 
Madic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Jesus, guy tries to make a joke about Zamboni drivers and gets pounced on by the politically-correct power squad. He was making a remark about people who generally work in arenas; chill.

Edit: Also, seriously, waving a degree around on the internet is hilarious. If you would develop a sense of humour you might not have to throw the gear into defensive mode quite so fast.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
  #13
dybbuk
Registered User
 
dybbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freddy Beach
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post
Jesus, guy tries to make a joke about Zamboni drivers and gets pounced on by the politically-correct power squad. He was making a remark about people who generally work in arenas; chill.

Edit: Also, seriously, waving a degree around on the internet is hilarious. If you would develop a sense of humour you might not have to throw the gear into defensive mode quite so fast.
hahahahaha. agreed. I have a friend who just started working in a locla arena, run by the city, makes good money being a gopher and drinking coffee all day (plus he's learning the ZAMBONI!!!).

dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.