HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Begin

Old
02-23-2009, 01:01 PM
jnthomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
that his 2 seasons ending penalties are bigger than his warrior spirit
I never said I disagreed. I did point out that he was now redundant and not that useful anymore.

What's wrong with pointing something good a guy did? When you comes close to retiring will you want people to only remember that last 6 months when you have had slowed down, or would you like them to remember some of the better things you did in your job?

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
koivu

Begin should be playing with Lapierre - they do well together.

I would bench D'agnosti and Pacioretty - they dont have Begin's heart and attention to Defense.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
please tell me you are kidding, because BGL changes the oppositions plans of reaking havoc on our players by scaring the **** out of them, and Begin well..LOL
Laraque was not dressed for the Ottawa game and it was pretty chippy, Josh Georges had to fight a guy, we need Laraque even if he does not get on the ice , just dressed and ready to go does the trick.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Habitants

i would personally prefer to see begin play before laraque, and even before dandy in some games. but i beleive that Begin will be back playing in the playoffs!

Stewart is stealing some time right now, but i think it is only temporary to see what he can offer, give him a chance. Maybe Gainey and co want to rest begin and keep him ready for the playoffs, where he can turn it to the max!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples View Post
A classy Veteran ...although injuries have been part of habs this year Tanguay, Koivu, Lang, Latendresse, Laraque .theirs just no place for the guy....still reasonably young......
its heartbreaking for him to see Dandy in front of him i'm sure some team would welcome him....for a 5th rounder or something maybe a 4 th.....is value will never be higher then right know
What do you guys think ?

Dandy is a better player then Begin and Dandy doesn't take all those stupid penalties that Begin takes. That is why Begin sits and Dandy plays.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by koivu View Post
Begin should be playing with Lapierre - they do well together.

I would bench D'agnosti and Pacioretty - they dont have Begin's heart and attention to Defense.
benching dago and pac for begin? thats the most ridiculous thing ive read on this board so far, ur right about the defence. but the 2 youngsters have amazign offensive talent.. might actually win you some games.. begin wont

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
benching dago and pac for begin? thats the most ridiculous thing ive read on this board so far, ur right about the defence. but the 2 youngsters have amazign offensive talent.. might actually win you some games.. begin wont
I wouldn't bench Paccioretty because he plays with heart and lays the body just as much as Bégin. However, I don't think I'd keep Dagger if it was to play on the 4th line which I think Bégin is better suited to play on anyway.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
habtastic

Been a big fan of exactly what he brings to the team, passion, loyalty, intensity, at times very good pk skills, great hitting and also a great PR guy for the team. I DO, however remember wanting to kill him twice after those infamous idiotic penalties (in different years) that cost us a lot more than he ever achieved for us (unfortunate, but true).

I don't think he's completely done though. I reallly don't see Chipchura being the great defensive talent we thought he was and either way, look who he's playing with, not a good match for him, but great for Steve. I am waiting for the arrival of Chipper, but for now, please give Begin one more chance. Once Tangs and Lats are back then of course forget it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
LeMAD

Depends on who stays next year, but at a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind that we keep Bégin. I'm still not sold on both Chipchura and Stewart...

Stewart has good size, speed and intensity, but ECHL level hockey sense. And Chipchura...meh...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Depends on who stays next year, but at a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind that we keep Bégin. I'm still not sold on both Chipchura and Stewart...

Stewart has good size, speed and intensity, but ECHL level hockey sense. And Chipchura...meh...
no Begin next year.... the team has to move forward...

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:24 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
no Begin next year.... the team has to move forward...
No sure having Chipchura playing full time is moving forward...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i love stewart, good scrapper

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote