HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kessel/Zherdev

Old
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
No, Parise has scored 30+ in the last 3 seasons and, IMO, is top 10-15 in the NHL. As far as ability and potential gol, yes, I think Zherdev has a higher absolute ceiling.

By the way, Kessel is one of the most overrated young players around. He's lacking in the hockey-sense dept, and Krejci is a much better player. Kessel has good feet, good shooting and above-average hands. Parise, on the other hand, is a bit underrated.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Next you'll be telling us Zherdev is better than Zach Parise.
Comparing either Zherdev or Kessel to Parise TODAY is ludicrous. But you are either way too high on Kessel or way too low on Zherdev. And for no good reason.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 10:59 AM
ecemleafs

kessel had mono recently....might explain the downturn in points.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Jersey Girl

Oh boy, under Tortorella Zherdev won't stagnate anymore. He's either going to respond and start playing better or be alienated and leave after the season.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

We'll see.

What's up with the hate anyway... He's the most talented forward on the team afterall isn't he? Yeah he is streaky... so is the rest of the team. And Kessel for that matter.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
lamdeveg

Send a message via AIM to lamdeveg Send a message via Yahoo to lamdeveg
You're learning why we in Columbus were happy to be rid of him & welcome Tutin with a key to the city! Z has great ability but loses interest in mid season, does not work well in ANY system, frequently "mails it in", refuses to be taught, plays his way & nobody else's, dangles more than passes & seems afraid to shoot all too often...thanks again for Tutin

lamdeveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
No he's not and he's not even in the same discussion as Kessel.
Agreed.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdeveg View Post
You're learning why we in Columbus were happy to be rid of him & welcome Tutin with a key to the city! Z has great ability but loses interest in mid season, does not work well in ANY system, frequently "mails it in", refuses to be taught, plays his way & nobody else's, dangles more than passes & seems afraid to shoot all too often...thanks again for Tutin
HEy, I miss Tute but without Z in our line-up I can't imagine how bad our offense would be. Glad both sides where happy in that trade...

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Garfinkel1

Thanks for all the answers guys
I was just curious where he would stand in relation to Kessel and now I got a good understanding.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdeveg View Post
lol its Tyutin. Considering Zherdev is our best offensive player, we'll take it. Like the other guy said without Z this team shouldn't even take the ice.

Nyrvana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:43 PM
LyNX27

Z was worth way more to us this season than Toots to be honest. And i look forward to seeing if Z can really pull ahead in Torts system instead of being choked in Renney's. Although I think a bigger impact will come if we get some actual linemates for him...

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
If you think that producing points when your on the 30th ranked offense in the league is just as easy as producing points when your on the 3rd ranked offense in the league than you need to reexamine how you view hockey.
Just as easy? No, but when he enters the zone repeatedly and gets to the outside of the circles and turns the puck over nearly every rush, I don't care who his linemates are, he is going to be exactly how he is this year, and how he is every year.

The LAST thing Zherdev wants to do is carry the puck into the corners so if he manages to hang onto the puck past his 'turnover zone' he flings the puck towards the crease and hopes that one of his linemates are there, the other night, I noticed FINALLY someone was there. Now people like you will call him a great playmaker, mind you you ignore the other 30 times when NOBODY is there and the puck comes back the other way. Nice playmaking--who can't do that?

Quote:
I really don't understand how you can fail to see this point. If you put Phil Kessel on the Rangers do you really think he would be doing what he's doing with the Bruins? You think Phil Kessel's stats would be what they are if his linemates were Brandon Dubinsky and Aaron Voros?
Probably not because the lack of passion and heart the rangers have played with is epidemic in that rangers locker room and he may have caught it as well. The thing is, Zherdev IS that guy no matter where he is. He plays when he wants and is a secondary player. The fact that he is your best offensive player is really, really sad.

Quote:
Than you bring up all his past linemates.... what point are you proving there?
The fact that it doesn't matter WHO he plays with, he is the same guy so quit making excuses for him as to why he has been merely a tease his entire career. Comprende?

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Z was worth way more to us this season than Toots to be honest. And i look forward to seeing if Z can really pull ahead in Torts system instead of being choked in Renney's. Although I think a bigger impact will come if we get some actual linemates for him...
Really? Tyutin goes out and plays hard EVERY night. You know exactly what you are going to get from him night in and night out, he is competitive and has a passion AGAINST losing.

Seems to me you guys could have used an entire roster of Tyutin-like players.

You guys want to use the linemates issue as an excuse but it isn't. Watch, Torts will light a fire under him and he will really get it going...same linemates.....

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Kessel was a bit half-@ssed til this season. Something changed because he plays a tougher game now and he is still getting better. Maybe the many other players around him improving at the same time was a big help. Quite a team, the Bruins. It would be hard to pick Zherdev over Kessel, based on results if not potential. But potential is subjective while results are fact.
It isn't actually this season that his play picked up. It picked up at the very end of last season when Julien made him watch a few playoff games against Montreal, instead of playing in them. He's played like he was possessed ever since. The mono thing was a bit of a setback, but his effort was always there in spite of having been a step behind. Claude has really lit a fire under him, and he has responded.

I don't think it can be attributed much to the players around him, since he has basically the same linemates this year as last year and they haven't really changed that much. Savard in particular is very steady, and he is Kessel's center this year as well as last year. The biggest improvement in terms of forwards has been Krejci plus the additions Wheeler and Ryder, which is basically a set line barring injuries. Kessel doesn't usually play with these guys. His development this year can really only be credited to Kessel and Julien. It's a just a different level of effort from him.

I hope that Torts can bring the same kind of play out of Z that Julien has been able to bring out of Kessel (I like the Rangers, I'm not here to troll).

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote