HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Text msg. for the trade deadline

Old
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Sportsnet is the quickest. Last year I got the texts just as the reports were coming in over the TV (I was able to watch the last hour or so).

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Most of them are pretty bad, because they never seem to work come Deadline day - at least for everyone I know. Last year and the year before, I got most of them from TSN... hours after the deadline.

This year I'll be watching TSN/Internet and texting my friends myself so they have a better chance of getting the info as soon as it happens.
same here. since i'll be in class, ill just "borrow" a laptop for the day. Screw notes, Trade Deadline comes first.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
pwallll

I used tsn text alerts last year.

pwallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Muggles13

There seems to be a lot of speculating with regards to the Sportsnet text alert service...

Does anyone know FOR SURE if the advertised $.25 per text fee is above and beyond any text message plan I may already have with my service provider? I would like to hear from someone who has already subscribed to the service with Sportsnet and has recieved a bill after getting texts sent to them.

I used Sportsnet last year and it seemed like I was getting info pretty quick. However for some reason this year they are charging for the service. So I have signed up for email alerts on TSN and they will be sent to my Blackberry. But one can never have TOO much coverage of Trade Deadline Day!!

Muggles13 is offline   Reply With Quote