HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deal or No Deal Van-Tor Edition

Old
02-25-2009, 11:20 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

vCash: 500
Ohlund's not going to be waiving his NTC to go to a non-playoff team.. no offense or anything.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:20 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
No deal.

Edler and a 1st could get you Kaberle (if no bidding war ensues) other wise adding to the deal would be necessary

Schneider (1st equivilent IMO) for Antropov
Edler for Kaberle straight up is a "no" from Vancouver. Both are all-round d-men who can skate, contain on D, and make a pass. Kaberle gets top minutes on his team and here are this season's stat lines:

Edler - 58GP, 28P, 22 years old

Kaberle - 49 GP, 30P, 30 years old

Why would Vancouver trade away Edler for a slight upgrade who is 8 years older, let alone add a first round pick?

Somebody will probably stupidly overpay for Kaberle, but it won't be Mike Gillis.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
To Vancouver:
Kaberle
Antropov

To Toronto
Edler
Schneider
Grabner

Please reply "Deal" or "No Deal" and comment as desired.
That heavily favours the Leafs, but i like the basis for it. Anyway i'd probably change the deal slightly to even it out, but i know Nucks fans might not be too pleased.

Kaberle, Antropov, Pogge, Stajan

for

Edler, Schneider, Grabner, 1st 09

in terms of value, it's fair. Vancouver gets their 3rd line centre, what they lose in schneider they gain in Pogge (although Pogge is not nearly the prospect Schneider is, Nucks have Bobby Lou and probably will for a long time so Pogge won't be rushed and will develop properly). Kaberle for Edler is a reasonable swap if you want to win the cup in the next few seasons, and then Antropov for Grabner makes sense because it brings in a right-now winger that's used to playing with Mats. The Van 1st 09 evens out the deal. Both teams benefit, the Leafs in the future and Vancouver right now. Leafs jump start their rebuild and Vancouver solidifies their lineup.

My first post on this site, feel free to flame. (lord knows y'all are going to, i've been lurking this site for months and my god you people are ****ing vicious)

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
IBLeaf*

Deal.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
No Deal

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
God
Free Citizen

Deal for the Leafs, **** NO from the Canucks.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
dutchcrunch14

no deal we already have 2 leafs... and why would we give up edler? and burkey wouldnt let that fly either he can probs get a pretty decent draft pick outa those guys plus a decent player or two

dutchcrunch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
That heavily favours the Leafs, but i like the basis for it. Anyway i'd probably change the deal slightly to even it out, but i know Nucks fans might not be too pleased.

for

in terms of value, it's fair. Vancouver gets their 3rd line centre, what they lose in schneider they gain in Pogge (although Pogge is not nearly the prospect Schneider is, Nucks have Bobby Lou and probably will for a long time so Pogge won't be rushed and will develop properly). Kaberle for Edler is a reasonable swap if you want to win the cup in the next few seasons, and then Antropov for Grabner makes sense because it brings in a right-now winger that's used to playing with Mats. The Van 1st 09 evens out the deal. Both teams benefit, the Leafs in the future and Vancouver right now. Leafs jump start their rebuild and Vancouver solidifies their lineup.

My first post on this site, feel free to flame. (lord knows y'all are going to, i've been lurking this site for months and my god you people are ****ing vicious)

Huge Huge overpayment by the Leafs.

Kaberle could bring back Edler and the 1st
Antropov could bring back Schneider
Pogge for Grabner

So Stajan, who is having a crazy year is dealt for nothing. He could easily bring back more than Antropov.

Not to mention if you end up in a bidding war Toronto could get more for each of those players individually.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

No Deal from the leafs. however i would take this over the boston proposal for kabs

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:24 PM
GeneralSwell

Do some of you guys honestly feel that Edler holds the same value as Kaberle?

GeneralSwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:

Pogge for Grabner

So Stajan, who is having a crazy year is dealt for nothing. He could easily bring back more than Antropov.

Not to mention if you end up in a bidding war Toronto could get more for each of those players individually.
You are out of your mind if you think we're trading the best goaltender in the AHL for a Top-9 UFA winger that has never broken more than 50 points.

Pass, pass, pass, and PASS from Vancouver to any of the deals suggested. We're trying to go over he top, and none of the players mentioned (maybe Kaberle) are going to do just that for Vancouver.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
that has never broken more than 50 points.
He has broken fifty points...I do agree that Schneider could not be had for him straight up.

Hounsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
DougGilmour93

We're all forgetting that Kaberle has already submitted a list of the 10 teams he'd be willing to be dealt to, and all of them were in the Eastern conference.So a no go for Van city.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:48 PM
grabo84

Quote:
We're all forgetting that Kaberle has already submitted a list of the 10 teams he'd be willing to be dealt to, and all of them were in the Eastern conference.So a no go for Van city.
Good point.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

No deal.

Heck, I would not trade Edler straight up for Kaberle. It's likely they end up with comparable point totals this season, and Edler is already better defensively at 22 years of age. Plus he's even more cap-friendly then Kaberle.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
sgupca

Quote:

for

Deal, again!

i'd take both offers!!!

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
No deal in it's current state from a Vancouver POV.

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
carpetman468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
To Vancouver:
Kaberle
Antropov

To Toronto
Edler
Schneider
Grabner

Please reply "Deal" or "No Deal" and comment as desired.
throw in poni and you might get somewhere,mats would like these two to be there

carpetman468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Towelie*

There is absolutely zero chance the Canucks make this trade.

EDIT: I don't understand why Leafs fans think the Canucks want to gut their future in order to acquire Kaberle and Antropov.

Last edited by Towelie*: 02-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I'm going to have to go with no deal as well. Edler has been playing great recently, and I don't like the idea of swapping Grabner and Schneider for Antropov.

The canucks top 6 looks fine right now... need a 3rd line gritty defensive center that helps the PK - which is the canucks biggest problem right now.
Moore

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Ace88*

Quote:

Pogge for Grabner

Lets face it, there's next to no interest in Stajan or Antropov around the league despite what Eklund or similar ****heads think, my real aim is to get Schneider and Grabner, i think Grabner and Grabovski could turn out to be absolutely lethal together down the line with some work on their defensive games, and Edler sweetens the pot. Not an overpayment at all considering the ceilings on the returns.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
There is absolutely zero chance the Canucks make this trade.

EDIT: I don't understand why Leafs fans think the Canucks want to gut their future in order to acquire Kaberle and Antropov.
They did it last year with Sundin and they'll do it next year with whoever doesn't waive their NTC this year. I liked it better when they thought every player was comming to Toronto instead of now where they think everyone will give them their prospect pool.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
They did it last year with Sundin and they'll do it next year with whoever doesn't waive their NTC this year. I liked it better when they thought every player was comming to Toronto instead of now where they think everyone will give them their prospect pool.
I like that better too. Hopefully we'll be back to it soon.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
jabberhockey

Quote:

for

That's a worse deal than the original offer in my opinion. I'm not trying to flame, but there's just no way Vancouver would do this.

Quote:
Pogge for Grabner
The only one of those deals that is even close to being fair value-wise is the Antropov for Schneider swap. However, the chances of Schneider being dealt before Luongo resigns (or doesn't resign as the case may be) are slim to none.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
senators101

I wouldn't do it if I was Vancouver. Schneider, Edler, and Grabner for Kabby and a couple months of Antropov doesn't make much sense.

senators101 is online now   Reply With Quote