HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines From Torts First Practice

Old
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
The only line I'm a little iffy on is the Korpedo line. It has no size to it and no one that can really carry the puck.
Korpi has shown that he's capable of lugging it, but I still MUCH prefer him on wing.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
and the balance of the scoring is so much better.
Wait, have they played a game together yet?

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
i think is should be

Naslund - drury- Z
z carring the puck in & 2 killer shots

Dawes-Gomez-prucha
again 2 that can carry the puck in and work it deep-and shooter

Korpedo-dubi-Callahan
they all work deep on the boards, carry the puck in and not afraid to shot-ideal 3rd line

Sjo - Betts -Orr
shut down line with one d-man that clearly can hit.....

i'm so tired of thinking protect the net.. we have one of best goalie of our team....protect him by putting points on the board...

lets face it the gomez naslund has had all season to try to work... and it doesnt. time for some more change..

Not bad. Too bad nobody else thought of it.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Why isn't Voros on there, he needs to be out there on the PP!!!!

http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/
"Tortorella will handle the line changes and the power play. "

Thank GAWD!! With the team getting 10 too many men penalties for the first 3/4s of the season, I wonder how many they'll get the rest of the way.

Last edited by vipernsx: 02-24-2009 at 06:35 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:08 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Why isn't Voros on there, he needs to be out there on the PP!!!!

http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/
"Tortorella will handle the line changes and the power play. "

Thank GAWD!! With the team getting 10 too many men penalties for the first 3/4s of the season, I wonder how many they'll get the rest of the way.
I herd Fritsche scored a power play goal for Minnesotta. Could be a sign of good thing to come to him.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Unk

I'm too sure I'd want to keep Korpedo at center, but maybe this is just a temporary move to see which 'smurf' (Dawes or Prucha) the new coach likes more. I dunno, I was just thinking if you're moving Dubinsky to wing you might as well call up Anisimov as the 3rd line center. Another big skilled guy Torts might like.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I'm too sure I'd want to keep Korpedo at center, but maybe this is just a temporary move to see which 'smurf' (Dawes or Prucha) the new coach likes more. I dunno, I was just thinking if you're moving Dubinsky to wing you might as well call up Anisimov as the 3rd line center. Another big skilled guy Torts might like.
I'd like Sather to call up Anisimov so that Torts so he knows exactly what he has to work with. I'd like to see a third line of Korp-Anisimov-Callahan.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I'd like Sather to call up Anisimov so that Torts so he knows exactly what he has to work with. I'd like to see a third line of Korp-Anisimov-Callahan.
They might have him up if the decide to trade away Dawes and Prucha at the deadline. Right now it is very important that Both Tortorella and other teams get to see both of them as much as possible so as to either boost their value or allow the coach to decide if he wants to keep them or not.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
If that happens... Dawes + Voros = Out

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
If that happens... Dawes + Voros = Out
wow, we posted pretty much the same thing at the exact same time.

Old
02-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
They might have him up if the decide to trade away Dawes and Prucha at the deadline. Right now it is very important that Both Tortorella and other teams get to see both of them as much as possible so as to either boost their value or allow the coach to decide if he wants to keep them or not.
Which is kind've what was I saying. I dont like the idea of Korpedo at center for long but I'm just hoping it's a move to evaluate Dawes and Prucha more than a planned line in Torts' mind. Hell, I dunno anymore.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
wow, we posted pretty much the same thing at the exact same time.
Oopsie Daisey... Guess it had to be said

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Oopsie Daisey... Guess it had to be said
HAHA, yea I guess so. I'm hoping they can get something decent for both Prucha and Dawes up front as well as Kalinin on the back-end. IMO they are all replaceable from within and are a bit redundant right now.

Old
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I herd Fritsche scored a power play goal for Minnesotta. Could be a sign of good thing to come to him.
Good for him, I hope he turns out to be a good player. I never thought he was that bad it was just that we had too many of those bottom 6 type players

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I much prefer Korpikoski on the wing. I think he is more effective there.

However, what are you going to do? I would rather top heavy the top two lines. And i like Voros being OUT of the lineup.

Trade deadline is only one week away. So there will be more changes anyway.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Kiefer

I'm getting pretty excited to see what Tortorella can do with this Rangers team. I like a lot of his comments so far, hopefully the players will respond well.

I'm all in for a more offensive style.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
beastly115

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's game! I haven't felt excited for a Rangers game in months! Can't wait to see how Torts runs the show.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's game! I haven't felt excited for a Rangers game in months! Can't wait to see how Torts runs the show.
agreed...the rangers games that had once gave me something to look forward to in the beginning of the season, have been, of late, something dreadful and not worth watching. Lets hope Torts gets this team going

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I expect to see effort.

But i still don't expect to see more goals.

If we can create at least one extra garbage goal per game, that would be a great start.

They are going to have to grind it out on every shift.

I'll be satisfied with 100% effort for a full 60 minutes as a start. Baby steps.

I still think we may see some changes at the deadline. So the next three games are just preliminary.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
This is going to be a tough last part of the season on this site with the Renney Lovers racing on the board to yell "TOLD YA" after every loss.....
That's human nature. They win, people who wanted Renney out rejoice, they lose and Renney supporters rejoice. We're human, not smart.

I personally am glad Renney's gone. Whether someone supported him or not, the team hit a dead end and he lost control of it. And to be honest, it might be of benefit to Renney if he works with a team with less expectations in a smaller market. Because the reality is, Renney is still relatively new in NHL coaching terms and, while I think he has good base fundamentals, I also think he needs the right environment to hone and build on them.

We're gonna see the I told ya so crowds. Me too, probably. God, I suck. lol. But the truth is, I'm not real sure what to make of Tortorella and how this team responds to him. Tortorella definitely has some pluses and minuses, but I honestly had a very strong preference towards Peter Laviolette, who IMO is a stronger coach.

At the very least, since the players don't have to focus on quitting on their coach anymore, we'll at least see more energy out of them. That's something I think we can all agree will be a plus.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Fletch

Extreme...

Torts walked into a near-term good situation for him. The team will get a bump in energy due to a new beginning. Buffalo lost last night, as did Florida. They are playing the worst defense in the league tonight. The euphoria of a new coach should last a short while; perhaps long enough for the team to secure a playoff spot. Then, Torts' system will take a better hold and we'll see what happens.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Torts walked into a near-term good situation for him. The team will get a bump in energy due to a new beginning. Buffalo lost last night, as did Florida. They are playing the worst defense in the league tonight. The euphoria of a new coach should last a short while; perhaps long enough for the team to secure a playoff spot. Then, Torts' system will take a better hold and we'll see what happens.
I agree with all that Fletch, and it's honestly not a bad situation. I simply have a preference to Laviolette over Tortorella. But regardless of what the team did, they had to do something.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote