HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans most obnoxious in the league?

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
79Brass46

vCash: 500
Habs fans most obnoxious in the league?

Hey Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was listening to the Morning Show on the Team 1040 in Vancouver today for a few minutes and Farhan Lalji was filling in. The subject of the Montreal fans came up and Farhan called them the most obnoxious fans in the league and compared them to italien soccer fans. This seems pretty extreme to me considering italien fans have been known to throw flares on the field and start huge fights in the crowd to the point where police needs to shut everything down. Maybe he's just confusing obnoxious and die-hard. What are your thoughts?

Old
02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

every fanbase has obnoxious fans.

We just have more due to the fact that we have a larger amount of fans compared to most teams.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Habs fans or Leafs fans?

Old
02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
This thread has potential

Old
02-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
every fanbase has obnoxious fans.

We just have more due to the fact that we have a larger amount of fans compared to most teams.
This.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Habs

The Leaf's Board is That Way!
/

Old
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Kriss E

If you listen to the radio callers, there's no doubt about it, we have the most obnoxious fans. A lot of the same obnoxious ones are also clueless, which is why they're so obnoxious.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Captain Saku

what does obnoxious means?

Old
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
annoying.

Based on this forum alone, I have ideas of who I think are the most annoying fanbases.

Montreal is definitely among them.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you listen to the radio callers, there's no doubt about it, we have the most obnoxious fans. A lot of the same obnoxious ones are also clueless, which is why they're so obnoxious.
Team 1040's callers are the same. The good fans aren't the ones that usually call in, in any Canadian hockey city. The internet has taught me that all Canadian fanbases are the same, listen online to any call in show in any of the 6 NHL cities and you'll understand that it's a national thing.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Brass46 View Post
Hey Guys,

I was listening to the Morning Show on the Team 1040 in Vancouver today for a few minutes and Farhan Lalji was filling in. The subject of the Montreal fans came up and Farhan called them the most obnoxious fans in the league and compared them to italien soccer fans. This seems pretty extreme to me considering italien fans have been known to throw flares on the field and start huge fights in the crowd to the point where police needs to shut everything down. Maybe he's just confusing obnoxious and die-hard. What are your thoughts?
I wonder if maybe, JUST maybe, it had anything to do with Vancouver losing last night? . . . . . . NAH!

Actually the worst spot I have encountered was HSBC in Buffalo

In Montreal I think the Ole stuff bugs a lot of folks. If that is obnoxious then so be it.

In terms of reputation for heckling and so forth, Boston and Philly are worse for that type of thing

Like I said. I think a 3 to 0 score had more to do with it than anything in vancouver. Well boo hoo

Old
02-25-2009, 05:28 PM
TheCH*

He is likely referring to the booing of Sundin.

To which i say, suck it up Farhan!

Old
02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
79Brass46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Habs fans or Leafs fans?
He compared Leafs fans to english soccer fans but the apparently tha Habs are more like italien soccer fans and incredibly obnoxious

Old
02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
from the dictionary:

"a vulgar and objectionable person"

in french: odieux or odieuse; execrable, haissable, detestable

Old
02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
annoying.

Based on this forum alone, I have ideas of who I think are the most annoying fanbases.

It's more than just annoying, it's a much more derogatory.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
annoying.

Pittsburgh,Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton FTW

Old
02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Tusk

You can usually hear a pin drop in GM Place during a game too, it probably confused Farhan.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Brass46 View Post
Hey Guys,

i agree with him NOW. and pj stock said similar yesterday on team 990 in montreal.

montreal fans in the past were the most knowlegable hockey fans in any city as a matter of fact as intelligent fans as fans of any team in any north american sport - but now these young punks and their na na na goodbye every single game habs have a lead and their group thinking worshipping a loser like gainey as a montreal gm who does nothing- these new younger canadiens fans are not only the worst in the league but the stupidest. only an idiot would burn police cars because the team they supposedly worship wins a first round series. although actually the fact gainey as a hab gm even won a first round series is something to go ape over for someone with the IQ of a gorilla?

Old
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Team 1040's callers are the same. The good fans aren't the ones that usually call in, in any Canadian hockey city. The internet has taught me that all Canadian fanbases are the same, listen online to any call in show in any of the 6 NHL cities and you'll understand that it's a national thing.
Yea..but when you hear some of the media/fans speak in a completely butchered up french language..it makes it that worse..

Old
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Namso

i'm a habs fan and on these boards the habs are definitely the most obnoxious.

In terms of arenas, not sure really, I dont know how the other teams are.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
VanNistelrooy

The Montreal Canadiens forum section may be obnoxious, but WE HAVE BOOBS !!

Old
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
i agree with him NOW. and pj stock said similar yesterday on team 990 in montreal.

montreal fans in the past were the most knowlegable hockey fans in any city as a matter of fact as intelligent fans as fans of any team in any north american sport - but now these young punks and their na na na goodbye every single game habs have a lead and their group thinking worshipping a loser like gainey as a montreal gm who does nothing- these new younger canadiens fans are not only the worst in the league but the stupidest. only an idiot would burn police cars because the team they supposedly worship wins a first round series. although actually the fact gainey as a hab gm even won a first round series is something to go ape over for someone with the IQ of a gorilla?
This is what "obnoxious" refers to.

Clearly you were drunk or stoned when you penned this since you started the post that PJ agreed with you...therefore it must be wrong.

What PJ DID say, stupidly which is why you agree with him, is that Kovy pulled the wool over ALL our eyes and that we aren't fans of hockey just the Habs.

To correct him and by extension his disciples of stupidity spreading his dim witted views, one player can't fool a population as he claims. There are many reasons for our shortcomings but PJ's favorite is Kovy so his agenda is very transparent. It shows a lack of intelligence to focus all of our problems on one individual.

Secondly, all hockey fans are fans of their own teams. Do you seriously believe a Bruin fan is not a hockey fan just a blind Bruin fan? We are a knowledgeable fan base of that there is no doubt regardless of rambling posts from a guy who has knowledge of a gorilla's IQ. WE knew who won the game for us last night and gave the guy several standing O's for it. Your shtick is getting old.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:55 PM
3TB3*

habs fans at games used to be well attired gentlemen and gentlewomen.

now many are just a bunch of biased group thinking jersey wearing young punks who dont have a clue about what sport or sportsmanship is.

Old
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
7th Player

WE have the most passionnate fans......period

The people who try to deny that are either jealous or delusionnal!

Old
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Go Habs Go

I guess PJ never met a Leafs fan?

Closed Thread