HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF makes the Gazette

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
  #1
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 500
HF makes the Gazette

From Pat Hickey`s article:

The trio has been back together for the past two games since Kovalev took an enforced two-game sabbatical and the team has won both games.

A revitalized Kovalev has a goal and three assists in those games but Kostitsyn, who has a team-leading 22 goals, hasn't had a point in either and one ambitious blogger on the Hockey's Future website offered some statistics that suggest AK-27 and AK-46 might not be a good fit.

In 27 games with Plekanec and Kovalev, Kostitsyn has managed only five goals and four assists. Kostitsyn had his most success with a line that is impossible to re-create at the moment. In 12 games with his younger brother, Sergei, and Robert Lang, Andrei had 13 points. Sergei has since been banished to Hamilton, while Lang is finished for the season with a torn Achilles tendon.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...912/story.html

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:10 AM
  #2
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,861
vCash: 500
Congratulations to Redmachine54 !!!

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM
  #3
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,125
vCash: 500
Wow thats so awesome. Nice job!

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM
  #4
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
half the story...

29pts in 29 games away from AK-27

Quote:
Agree 100% , the logic being used to defend Kostitsyn for being a perimeter player and a total non-factor is amusing and pathetic .
so amusing and pathetic the Gazette picked up on it...

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
  #5
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500


Congrats for a great research.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
  #6
redmachine54
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
I feel like a kid at school during March break trying to finish an Object-Oriented Design project!

Oh wait...

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:37 AM
  #7
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
I wanted to do the same thing but i was lazy

Congrats Red.

So you're a programmer too?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:43 AM
  #8
gee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
I feel like a kid at school during March break trying to finish an Object-Oriented Design project!

Oh wait...
or the kid in the slow class trying to finish his volcano science project

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:47 AM
  #9
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
From Pat Hickey`s article:

The trio has been back together for the past two games since Kovalev took an enforced two-game sabbatical and the team has won both games.

A revitalized Kovalev has a goal and three assists in those games but Kostitsyn, who has a team-leading 22 goals, hasn't had a point in either and one ambitious blogger on the Hockey's Future website offered some statistics that suggest AK-27 and AK-46 might not be a good fit.

In 27 games with Plekanec and Kovalev, Kostitsyn has managed only five goals and four assists. Kostitsyn had his most success with a line that is impossible to re-create at the moment. In 12 games with his younger brother, Sergei, and Robert Lang, Andrei had 13 points. Sergei has since been banished to Hamilton, while Lang is finished for the season with a torn Achilles tendon.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...912/story.html
This confirms that the media is among us

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
  #10
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
thats hilarious and doesn't surprise me one bit. Just google hockey board or forum and this sites at the top.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:01 AM
  #11
redmachine54
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I wanted to do the same thing but i was lazy

Congrats Red.

So you're a programmer too?
Yeah, though he misrepresented me; I'm not ambitious at all. Seems the trend with programmers, since I'm incredibly lazy, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
or the kid in the slow class trying to finish his volcano science project
I'm saving that bad boy for the weekend.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:12 AM
  #12
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 500
I better watch what I say! :S

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
  #13
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,506
vCash: 500
Woot Woot!

Soon they will be coming on this site for analysis and research.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
  #14
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Woot Woot!

Soon they will be coming on this site for analysis and research.
Wow, some smart discussions (well, for some part of it...)...that would be new for the Montréal media (i.e. 110% and l'antichambre).

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
  #15
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Congrats

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
  #16
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
I applaud Hickey and the Gazette for giving credit where it's due!

Stories have that odd air of being lifted from here without acknowledgment a little too often it seems.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:55 AM
  #17
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,090
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
I hate how they suggest it's impossible to recreate Andrei's success because Lang/Sergei aren't around. They should've worded it positively saying Andrei is a PPG when he doesn't play with Kovalev. Either way I hope some rogue reporter brings this up with Carbo now that it's in the presses

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
  #18
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,064
vCash: 500
It's sad when the people who cover hockey in Montreal have to go to a forum message board to realize blatant facts like this.

Aside from a handful, most of the people assigned to cover the Habs in Montreal are more interested in tabloid topics then actual hockey/strategic related issues

sad

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:05 AM
  #19
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
This confirms that the media is among us

Ok i confess...I am Francois Gagnon

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
  #20
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Francois Gagnon .... you mean the guy with the most yellow teeth I've never seen ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
  #21
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Francois Gagnon .... you mean the guy with the most yellow teeth I've never seen ?
Well, don't blame the guy, he was once the beat writer of the Nordics for Le Soleil, I mean, following that team will make anyone start chain smoking.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
  #22
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,939
vCash: 500
does carbo read the gazette?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:09 PM
  #23
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 500
While I applaud Hickey for being honest and referencing HF, it is sad that this is what it has become.

If that is all a paid journalist has to do nowadays? Where is the value in that?

Hasn't his years of experience amounted to more than regurgitating what he reads from the comfort of his sofa?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
  #24
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,816
vCash: 500
GOOD.

now lets hope the information reaches the bafoon behind the bench

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
  #25
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
While I applaud Hickey for being honest and referencing HF, it is sad that this is what it has become.

If that is all a paid journalist has to do nowadays? Where is the value in that?

Hasn't his years of experience amounted to more than regurgitating what he reads from the comfort of his sofa?
To Hickey's defense, that's what all serious news organizations do (in sports reporting or otherwise). Whether it's CNN quoting the bloggers at DailyKos, or MSNBC quoting the ones at Powerline, they give the public a snapshot of the information landscape.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.