HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington Anaheim

Old
02-26-2009, 11:48 AM
bert

vCash: 500
Washington Anaheim

To Anaheim: Semin, Theodore, Nylander, 2009 1st round pick

To Washington: Pronger, Kunitz, Giguere

Thoughts?

I know an unrealistic trade in terms of the amount of players but it puts Washington over the top. Anaheim gets good value back but has to take on some salary.

Last edited by bert: 02-26-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: wrong title, it should have been proposal not speculation.
bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
To Anaheim: Semin, Theodore, Nylander, 2009 1st round pick

To Washington: Pronger, Kunitz, Giguere

Thoughts?

I know an unrealistic trade in terms of the amount of players but it puts Washington over the top. Anaheim gets good value back but has to take on some salary.
Why on earth would the Caps even consider moving Semin right now? A guy like Pronger will help no doubt about it but I doubt the Caps are willing to trade a big piece of their future for 1 year of Pronger

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Should be marked proposal. Washigton does not trade away a first liner, could ruin chemistry. Washigton can not afford the 3 million dollars in extra salary. Good thought, could be tinkered by removing a few players

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Why on earth would the Caps even consider moving Semin right now? A guy like Pronger will help no doubt about it but I doubt the Caps are willing to trade a big piece of their future for 1 year of Pronger
Well they unload some bad contracts get a stanley cup winning goaltender and a guy that can fill in on the second line pretty damn well in Semins departure. Oh yeah and they get Pronger.

This makes them the hands down favorite in the east imho. Thats why to win the cup.

Old
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
stungun

why is this titled "speculation" when it is clearly a "proposal" you made up. not to be critical but nowhere is there a source to your speculation. overall i say its a big no from anahiems point. if they are trading away giguere and pronger they are going to want young talent and lots of it, more than just semin.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
bert

Sorry yeah it should have been proposal. This is my first "proposal".

Given the fact that both teams fans dont like it I might be bang on.

Old
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Talentless Practise*

Giggy won't be traded. Also, Theo+Nylander for ~10M is way too much. The Ducks will be on a budget again next season.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

This doesn't make sense. Theo's been better than Giguere since Christmas or so, and he's cheaper. Semin's possibly our best playoff player and really important piece, so he's not getting dealt this season (if he ever does it's not until next year when his new contract becomes a potential issue).

Pronger would be awesome, no doubt, but this move is too huge in so many ways that it doesn't work (even discounting the sudden shortage of Kunitzes in ANA )

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
This doesn't make sense. Theo's been better than Giguere since Christmas or so, and he's cheaper. Semin's possibly our best playoff player and really important piece, so he's not getting dealt this season (if he ever does it's not until next year when his new contract becomes a potential issue).

Pronger would be awesome, no doubt, but this move is too huge in so many ways that it doesn't work (even discounting the sudden shortage of Kunitzes in ANA )
You cant tell me you would rather have Theodore going into the playoffs then Giguere.....

Yeah the sudden move of Kunitz makes this one a little silly doesnt it.

Old
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
You cant tell me you would rather have Theodore going into the playoffs then Giguere.....

Yeah the sudden move of Kunitz makes this one a little silly doesnt it.
This season? Probably. Maybe a change of scenery helps Giguere get his mojo back, but if it doesn't Theo's a better option. That's a big if especially considering all the chemistry issues.

Also, doesn't Giggy have an NTC?

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Whopper88

OV would be pissed off if this deal happened....

Whopper88 is offline   Reply With Quote