HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary-Phoenix-Ottawa

Old
02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Asquaredx2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
all you did is show Cammalleri turns it over less than Spezza and physically it would be a lateral move

but i guess arguing one stupid point with another is a way to go
Turns it over slightly less but is considerably worse at getting it back.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Takeaways: Spezza 49, Cammalleri 19.
Giveaway/Takeaway Ratio: Spezza - 1.22:1. Cammalleri 2.42:1

Spezza brings more to the table than Cammalleri does, period. Call back when Cammalleri has 2 90 pt seasons and 3 above PPG seasons.
again you aren't helping your case... the point made was is Spezza is soft and gives the puck away alot... plain and simple... the poster said nothing about takeaways... said nothing about a gaveaway to takeaway ratio...

he simply stated 3 facts... 1) Spezza is soft... 2) Spezza gives the puck away alot... 3) Flames already have Cammalleri...

his points are important because to improve that turnover/giveaway ratio the Flames would have to add 3.65 million in salary... they have to split up a duo that has had chemistry all year... and in this proposal would also give up a top prospect and 1st round pick

for the Flames would the ends really justify the means?... No they would not

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
no thanks from a PHX perspective...if Maloney is going to send out a defenseman in a trade it will be Derek Morris...not Z.
While I would love to see Cammalleri in a coyote uniform im not giving up Z to get him. Ill gladly give up Jokinen, Morris and pick however

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
While I would love to see Cammalleri in a coyote uniform im not giving up Z to get him. Ill gladly give up Jokinen, Morris and pick however
Squidy's contract is up after this year.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
I never thought I'd see a proposal where it's terrible for all teams involved.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Iginlaisabeast

No way. I dont understand why everyone wants to see calgary trade cammalerri. hes probably going to get a three or four year deal for 5m in the offseason, not the 6.5 or 7 ive heard people say it will cost. I also don't understand why ottawa wouldnt keep spezza, he is an elite NHL offensive player who compliments heatley really well and i can't see jokinen being as good as spezza at that role. Id say Iginla has had a pretty good career so far without a "true number one center"

Iginlaisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:45 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Lee > Michalek
WTF?

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
P U L L H A R D
#shewenttoharvard

vCash: 420
Quote:
Lee > Michalek

Insert clever comment about MetalheadSen being a homer here.
Seriously though, ...take a second to think about that one. It actually hurt me to read that.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 07:00 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
OMFG ANOTHER BAD TRADE PROPOSAL FOR OTTAWA!! this is because of hockey day in Canada isn't it?! LOL...REALLY HORRIBLE!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:02 PM
PKC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So Phoenix trades their #1 defenseman and #1 center for a pending UFA they can't afford to re-sign.

Use your brain.
How much is Cammalleri going to re-sign for? More or less than $5.25 million?

Anyways, no point in carrying on this debate. Everyone lost their head on this proposal, which isn't as bad as the lot of you are making it out to be.

Some are way out to lunch with their comments: Lee is better than Michalek, Spezza is worth more/less, Spezza wouldn't fit in to Calgary (but somehow Cammalleri does?), etc.

PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:08 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
i take this deal from the ottawa side. Jokinen can capably replace spezza and michalek is much better than lee. Getting a 1st round pick for zubov sounds good to me.

Michalek is easily the most underratted and underpaid defenceman in the league.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
JorgeRocks!

Calgary loses a top 3 prospect, a first rounder, and their leading goal scorer for Spezza? No

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 11:23 PM
backhander

right now cammi is not going anywhere

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:34 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
How much is Cammalleri going to re-sign for? More or less than $5.25 million?

Anyways, no point in carrying on this debate. Everyone lost their head on this proposal, which isn't as bad as the lot of you are making it out to be.

Some are way out to lunch with their comments: Lee is better than Michalek, Spezza is worth more/less, Spezza wouldn't fit in to Calgary (but somehow Cammalleri does?), etc.
Think term. In years. The Coyotes are not allowed to hand out long-term deals. At least not until we have a new majority owenership. Jokinen has one year left, Cammalleri will likely be looking for a half decade, or so.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:53 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
It looks like I'm the only person that doesn't think the Senators get completely jobbed here? i think Zbynek Michalek is extremely underrated here... i think Jokinen + the Calgary 1st for Spezza is not that far off in value... and I think Lee + Zubov isn't far off for Michalek... clearing almost 3 million in cap space is very valuable as well... it would give the Sens the resources to go after almost any UFA on the market
Michalek isn't anywhere near what we need. We have Phillips and Volchenkov (and hopefully not Smith as well) as defensive D-men. We have Campoli, Lee and Picard as young, fairly unproven, offensive D-men (who should be able to fill depth roles and produce 30-ish points). We need a veteran to lead our offense from the backend, that is all. Michalek does not help us whatsoever.

Ottawa has a lot of cap space next season. Not the 5 players signed and $40M in cap space scenario... but an entire team signed for $47M with the cap expected to stay the same this offseason? That's a lot of disposable cap space.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
jayman272

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
Just want to see how close in value this trade is, and what improvements, if any, should be made.

To Phoenix:

Mike Cammalleri (3.35)
Brian Lee (1.25)
Ilya Zubov
Greg Nemisz (Calgary prospect)

To Calgary:

Jason Spezza (7)
Phoenix conditional pick *if Cammalleri re-signs*

To Ottawa:

Olli Jokinen (5.25)
Zbynek Michalek (1.25)
Calgary 1st

Why does Phoenix do this?

Phoenix is in a financial hole. Jokinen is already rumored to be on the block. They get some youth (mainly cheap), plug some holes that they have and have a chance to extend Cammalleri.

Why does Calgary do this?

They are almost certainly going to want to go for it this year. Spezza could give Iginla something he's never had: a true number 1 center.

Why does Ottawa do this?

Jokinen is an adequate replacement for Spezza. Jokinen has struggled by his own standards, but a change of scenery might help (again). Zbynek Michalek gives Ottawa that puck-mover they desperately need.

Look forward to some constructive criticism.
i think i rather have spezza then jokinen 2 players same style play when they feel like it lack of heart

jayman272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Caged Great

Is it possible for two teams in a 3 way to get screwed. That only happens in a normal 3 way....

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote