HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Tampa

Old
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
bobbyz04

vCash: 500
Bos-Tampa

To Tampa- Lashoff, Karrsums, 3rd round pick
To Bos- Prospal and a 4th round pick- great replacement for Sturm, move him in off season for pick and a prospect.

bobbyz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I don't think it's worth it...

Prospal is a nice player, but I don't think he's enough of an upgrade over Sturm, to do all this. Plus, if Sturm doesn't waive his NTC, the Bruins are screwed.

I'd rather just keep this team intact and add someone like Recchi.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
How about Lashoff for Recchi?

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Done from my end.

Recchi is exactly the type of player we need.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I don't think it's worth it...

Prospal is a nice player, but I don't think he's enough of an upgrade over Sturm, to do all this. Plus, if Sturm doesn't waive his NTC, the Bruins are screwed.

I'd rather just keep this team intact and add someone like Recchi.
I meant trade Prospal not Sturm, I agree we might be giving up to much. Keep in mind there is always lots of desperate teams in the off season that miss out on the free agents. At 3.5 mil. Prospal will be easy to move. You have to be creative in this salary cap world.

Old
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz04 View Post
To Bos- Prospal and a 4th round pick- great replacement for Sturm, move him in off season for pick and a prospect.
No thanks. $3.5 million for the next few years. I love how casually you drop the him in the offseason line. If teams know that they have to move him the offers are going to be crap, especially at that price.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:21 PM
bobbyz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
No thanks. $3.5 million for the next few years. I love how casually you drop the him in the offseason line. If teams know that they have to move him the offers are going to be crap, especially at that price.
Tanguay was moved for a 1st round pick. Making a whopping 5.25 million and only scoring 18 goals the previous year. Prospal is on pace for 20. A trade to the bruins could see that increase by a few. Teams are light on cap space, I think you would easily move this guy. I also believe Lashoff is a stiff.

Old
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Tanguay was moved for a 1st round pick. Making a whopping 5.25 million and only scoring 18 goals the previous year. Prospal is on pace for 20. A trade to the bruins could see that increase by a few. Teams are light on cap space, I think you would easily move this guy. I also believe Lashoff is a stiff.
Tanguay is 5 years younger and only had one more year left on his deal. Prospal is 34 years old with three more years left on his deal. I just don't see many teams lining up to give a 1st rounder for a 34 year old with declining numbers (despite playing with Lecavlier and St. Louis most of the year), and having to pay him until he is 37. Additionally, Calgary didn't have to trade him, whereas the Bruins are going to have to trade him in order to resign their own guys. Value goes way down when teams know that you have to move salary.

I disagree on Lashoff, but that's not worth debating since it's going to be a pissing match for no reason. But Prospal would be much tougher to move than you think, given his age, declining production, and remaining years/money on his contract.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:09 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Too much in my opinion.

Lashoff and a 3rd should be enough. Anyway, I would prefer Tkachuk or Cole over Prospal.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote