HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your trade-deadline wishlist

Old
02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Salvage21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy30 View Post
There's no doubt in my mind Sanguinetti will be part of our defence.

Grachev deserves a shot although maybe one lat year in juniors wouldn't hurt.

Del Zotto: There's no hurry there.

Staal
Mara
Rozsiwal
Redden
Sangunetti
UFA

I'm thinking that we're probably going to have to get rid of Rozsival in order to free up cap space to resign Dubinsky, Zherdev, and Callahan. My defense for next season would look something like:
Staal Girardi
Mara Sanguinetti(God I hope he'll be ready)
Redden UFA(Physical, stay at home defenseman:McLaren, Gill?)

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Sidgeni Malkby

---
Redden to Dallas (somehow) for Avery.
Kaberle
Antropov
---

I don't think we could afford more.

This gives us a strong puck moving D. A scorer, and gets rid of Redden.

Sidgeni Malkby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Sidgeni Malkby

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
I agree but i would keep Drury
I'd keep Gomez over Drury.

Sidgeni Malkby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHockeyFan View Post
I'd keep Gomez over Drury.
Other way around personally. Gomez's game isn't as complete. He's too much of a puck hog for not scoring goals to be honest.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
NYR Viper

1) Trade Redden picks/prospects/young players
2) somehow add some size to this forward group
3) grab Avery off of re-entry waivers
4) Trade Prucha + Dawes for 3rd rounders

My deals would look something like this:

To Ottawa:
Sauer/Potter, Byers, 2nd 09
To NYR:
Vermette + Neil

To Calgary:
Dawes
To NYR:
Vandermeer + 3rd 09

To Vanvouver:
Prucha
to NYR:
4th 09

TO CLB:
Redden
TO NYR:
Commodore, 3rd 09

New lines:

Naslund-Gomez-Dubinsky
Vermette-Drury-Zherdev
Callahan/Avery-Callahan/Avery-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Betts-Neil/Orr

Staal-Rozsival
Girardi-Reitz/Mara(once Mara returns)
Vandermeer-Kalinin

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
LyNX27

So... Dawes can get a 3rd and a player, but Prucha can only get a 4th?

Were better off letting some other team sign Pru in the off season and getting a pick for compensation.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
So... Dawes can get a 3rd and a player, but Prucha can only get a 4th?

Were better off letting some other team sign Pru in the off season and getting a pick for compensation.
There have been reports that say Sutter in Calgary is very high on Dawes. To be honest, I just want him moved because he is redundant and won't get very much playing time with the trades i mentioned above of getting Neil and Vermette and signing Avery. Those three bring things Petr can not.

Old
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
My wish is that this team realizes they aren't going to do anything this season and not give away valuable prospects/picks for players that probably won't make much of a difference
and I'll add...... move any active player that is 27 or older (as of today) who can bring a decent return and improve the team for the future.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
My deadline/draft/July 1st wishlist:

-Dolan = sells MSG, Rangers, and Knicks to someone who knows what they are doing.
-Sather = fired.

-Gomez = gone.
-Drury = gone.
-Redden = gone.
-Naslund = gone.
-Kalinin = gone.
-Rozsival = gone.
-Voros = gone.

+Schoenfeld = GM.
+Renney, Messier, Leetch, Graves, Richter, Beukeboom = player development.

+Bouwmeester = UFA.
+Komisarek = UFA.
+Gaborik = UFA (one year deal).

+Jagr = back, and captain.
+Avery = half price off reentry waivers.
+Mara = resigned.
+Zherdev = resigned.

+Grachev = NHL.
+Anisimov = NHL.
+Sanguinetti = NHL.
+Del Zotto = NHL.
+Kveton = NHL.

I'd call it a start.
Please don't apply for Sathers' job should he happen to be fired this summer.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
ALextv99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poozer View Post
Redden, Gomer, and Dru for a bag of pucks signed by the players of whatever teams are silly enough to trade for them, and donated to that kid who got hit in the head with the puck yesterday.

Also they should sign him to a contract. He can prolly out skate Redden.
LMFAO ROFL

ALextv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Maybe not if St. Louis ascends up a few spots by the next week, but can anyone see a Naslund for Tkachuk trade?

I was thinking this after hearing, seeing, and reading all about his alleged "sold one story, got another" grapevine, speculation that he's not happy. Last time a veteran was not happy/didn't fit, it was Ward to the best of my knowledge and he got traded for an equally veteran/talented Mara. This gets us bigger, but is a lateral move, not like we're dumping a second liner for picks, prospects.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:23 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Realistic ideas? That's tough...hands are tied for certain, but i'll take a stab!

To NYR-
Ilya Kovalchuk (6,400,000)

To Atl-
Mihael Rozsival (5,000,000)
Nikolai Zherdev (3,400,000)
09 1st round draft pick
In order to get Kovalchuk and yes not only would any team want him but we really need a scorer. We need to give up a big contract (Gomez is the best and youngest player of them all and I can see Atlanta wanting Gomez. He's not bad at all. Terrific play maker and will get better with a scorer. He's got no one to pass the puck to here).
However I don't want to include Zherdev, and it would take more than a first round pick. They easily would want at least MDZ or Staal.
This is more like what Atlanta would want.

To NYR
Kovalchuk

To Atlanta
Gomez
MDZ or Staal
1st round pick in 09
Dubinsky or Callahan

So they would be getting 4 quality players in return and if I were Atlanta I would take that deal and run. Gomez wouldn't just be a contract swap. He's a fast play making center who could work well with both Dubinsky and/or Brian Little. If Little would move to the wing, which I'm sure he would. He was Atlanta's first round pick, 12th overall in 2006. He's 21 years old and he's got a respectable 25 goals so far this season. He could score over 30.

Atlanta would probably choose Dubinsky over Callahan and he would be their second line center for years to come. Could mesh well with Kozlov and Armstrong in the meantime.

Then out of the 2 defense men. Guaranteed they pick Staal because he has already proven he can do more than play in this league. Plus a first round pick to try and fill whatever void they deem necessary.

Now our hypothetical (I know this won't happen) line up.

First line
L Kovalchuk
C Anisimov
R Zherdev

Second line
L Naslund
C Drury
R Callahan

Third line
L Dawes
C Korpikoski
R Avery (for now Prucha)

Fourth line
L Sjostrom
C Betts
R Orr

Defense men
Roszival, Mara
Redden, Girardi
Kalinen, Freitz

deal or no deal??

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 01:32 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
In order to get Kovalchuk and yes not only would any team want him but we really need a scorer. We need to give up a big contract (Gomez is the best and youngest player of them all and I can see Atlanta wanting Gomez. He's not bad at all. Terrific play maker and will get better with a scorer. He's got no one to pass the puck to here).
However I don't want to include Zherdev, and it would take more than a first round pick. They easily would want at least MDZ or Staal.
This is more like what Atlanta would want.

To NYR
Kovalchuk

To Atlanta
Gomez
MDZ or Staal
1st round pick in 09
Dubinsky or Callahan

So they would be getting 4 quality players in return and if I were Atlanta I would take that deal and run. Gomez wouldn't just be a contract swap. He's a fast play making center who could work well with both Dubinsky and/or Brian Little. If Little would move to the wing, which I'm sure he would. He was Atlanta's first round pick, 12th overall in 2006. He's 21 years old and he's got a respectable 25 goals so far this season. He could score over 30.

Atlanta would probably choose Dubinsky over Callahan and he would be their second line center for years to come. Could mesh well with Kozlov and Armstrong in the meantime.

Then out of the 2 defense men. Guaranteed they pick Staal because he has already proven he can do more than play in this league. Plus a first round pick to try and fill whatever void they deem necessary.

Now our hypothetical (I know this won't happen) line up.

First line
L Kovalchuk
C Anisimov
R Zherdev

Second line
L Naslund
C Drury
R Callahan

Third line
L Dawes
C Korpikoski
R Avery (for now Prucha)

Fourth line
L Sjostrom
C Betts
R Orr

Defense men
Roszival, Mara
Redden, Girardi
Kalinen, Freitz

deal or no deal??
While your deal is probably about right value-wise I would have to turn it down unless Sather and Co. are VERY sure that DZ AND Anisimov AND Sanguinetti are going to turn into very good players. Its hard to deal players like Staal and Dubinsky because they have such great leadership qualities and can play big minutes at such young ages. If Dubinsky was in the deal I might be okay with it but I don't think I would be okay with losing the organizations 2 brightest young players.

Old
02-25-2009, 06:44 AM
NYRSchrute217

I'd like to get rid of Gomez, Redden and Drury. Maybe we'll get one elite prospect and a few picks.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Mason530

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy30 View Post
Please be realistic.

1. Zidlicky
2. Antropov
3. Higgins
I like Zidicky, he can bomb point shot for PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
1.Tomas Kaberle
2.Bobby Ryan (probably gonna be tough at this point)
3.Maybe Kovalev to play with Gomez and Naslund?

Edit:
4. To be able to trade one of the bigger contracts, I know moving more than 1 might be tough but if they can move even just 1 it'd be enough to not worry about resigning the RFA's

I love to trade away big contracts, among those: Redden and Rozy are priority. Please no Kovalve, he didn't work out twice already. He wouldn't be 3rd time a charm.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
EJS280

Well it's clear what we need is a pure goal scorer. The way they played last night with someone that could finish that could have been a 5 or 6-1 game. Now I don't know if this is true, but I heard Gaborik will be back sometime soon so this would be what I would do.

Trade Gomez, Dawes, Voros, some picks whatever i don't care and somehow get Gaborik, which I don't think would be very heard since hes going to be a UFA. Best thing that happens is he plays for us down the stretch and we can resign him for less than what Gomez is making, or we don't resign him and we free up that 7 million, and we use it to sign a pure goal scorer that isn't made of glass. Worst case scenario he gets hurt again doesn't do anything and we let him walk as a UFA and we do the same thing.

Somehow get Avery up.

Lines down the stretch-

Callahan-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Naslund-Drury-Gaborik
Avery-Korpikoski-Prucha
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

For all the people who keep talking about Gomez for Kovalchuk, keep in mind that Atlanta is most likely one of his 3 teams that he can't be traded to, I would guess. Same goes for FLA, I would think, so Bouwmeester is out on that front, too.

I would like to see a Gomez for Gaborik deal go down. This gets us off the hook for Gomez, and this summer, we go for Hossa. If we can't get Hossa, try to resign Gaborik for a one year deal, and make a run at Kovalchuk next year.

Apart from that, if the organization doesn't wanna bring up AA for the rest of the season, I'd like to see a 3rd line C brought in. That would let us keep Dubi AND Korpedo on the wing.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

To ANA: Gomez ++
To NYR: Pronger or Niedermeyer

Anaheim finally gets a set-up man for Selanne. We rid ourselves of that terrible contract and get a top-pairing d-man with an expiring contract. (Oh damn, 1 year of Pronger? Terrible. )

To PHX: Rozsival +
To NYR: Jokinen

I think the Yotes need some help on the back end, and they're rumored to be shopping Jokinen who hasn't been great or terribly happy with Phoenix. They don't save a ton in terms of salary, but it's better than nothing. Rangers finally get a legitimate, big-bodied 1st line center capable of putting up 30+ goals on a regular basis.

... wait. What do you mean these have to be realistic? (Sorry, killing time before a staff meeting)

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
To ANA: Gomez ++
To NYR: Pronger or Niedermeyer

Anaheim finally gets a set-up man for Selanne. We rid ourselves of that terrible contract and get a top-pairing d-man with an expiring contract. (Oh damn, 1 year of Pronger? Terrible. )

To PHX: Rozsival +
To NYR: Jokinen

I think the Yotes need some help on the back end, and they're rumored to be shopping Jokinen who hasn't been great or terribly happy with Phoenix. They don't save a ton in terms of salary, but it's better than nothing. Rangers finally get a legitimate, big-bodied 1st line center capable of putting up 30+ goals on a regular basis.

... wait. What do you mean these have to be realistic? (Sorry, killing time before a staff meeting)
these would both be ideal. If we could pull off either of these trades they would drastically help our cap situation.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote