HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tbl - Pho

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
  #1
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Tbl - Pho

To Phx:

V. Lecavalier

To TBL:

P. Mueller
E. Lisin
1st in '09 (top 10 pick for sure)
2nd in '10

Crazy?

*This is assuming that Phx dumps OJ and Morris before the deadline to offset Vinny's salary.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:14 PM
  #2
Jakeman
Registered User
 
Jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
To Phx:

V. Lecavalier

To TBL:

P. Mueller
E. Lisin
1st in '09 (top 10 pick for sure)
2nd in '10

Crazy?

*This is assuming that Phx dumps OJ and Morris before the deadline to offset Vinny's salary.
I wouldn't do it.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
  #3
Slevesque
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
depends ont the upside you think mueller has

Slevesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
  #4
sonny side up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dark room
Country: United States
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
as good as those kids could be, i pass from tampa.. i dont think they have the star power needed to keep an average fan interested in the game here in tampa.

plus tampa needs some serious help on d, and that doesnt help

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
  #5
indczn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Whose going to play wing for phoenix?

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
  #6
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
I wouldn't do it.
Why?

we can assume that by dumping OJ, Rhino, and Morris, Phoenix can still get some high pick(s) in this draft and go for D-support or conversely, trade them for a D-prospect or 2.

Our top 4 centers in the coming years:

Lecavalier
Turris
Hanzal
Porter

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
  #7
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
as good as those kids could be, i pass from tampa.. i dont think they have the star power needed to keep an average fan interested in the game here in tampa.

plus tampa needs some serious help on d, and that doesnt help
You can use the top-10 pick in this year's draft to go for Dman

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
  #8
Jakeman
Registered User
 
Jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevesque View Post
depends ont the upside you think mueller has
Mueller is going to be one good player as is Lisin and Phoenix's 2009 draft pick is looking better after each and every loss, which will parlay into another really good prospect. It's not worth losing Mueller,Lisin and a top five prospect over just to get Vinny onto a team that is still rebuilding through the draft.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:21 PM
  #9
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
If Lecavalier is going to be traded they could get more than that package, I imagine.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
  #10
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
Whose going to play wing for phoenix?
Doan
Plekanec and/or Higgins (who we will get from Mtl for OJ)
Lindstrom
Boedker
Carcillo
Tikhonov
MacLean
Kolarik

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:24 PM
  #11
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman View Post
Mueller is going to be one good player as is Lisin and Phoenix's 2009 draft pick is looking better after each and every loss, which will parlay into another really good prospect. It's not worth losing Mueller,Lisin and a top five prospect over just to get Vinny onto a team that is still rebuilding through the draft.
We could use Vinny's leadership.

We have enough prospects that we have in our stable that we need to develop. They need to be surrounded with veteran players so they can learn and be protected - Turris could learn tons from Vinny. Vinny has won a cup.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
  #12
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
If Lecavalier is going to be traded they could get more than that package, I imagine.
What do you imagine then?

What could they get and from whom that could out-do that package? Keep in mind, salary-cap constraints for some teams.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
  #13
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Lecavlier

for

Turris
Mueller
Lisin
1st

Would be more realistic. Even though it's the Lightning, Lecavlier is a top five center in the NHL, and he is Tampa's franchise player. He's not going anywhere unless some team wants to totally rip apart its young core to get him.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
  #14
Jakeman
Registered User
 
Jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
We could use Vinny's leadership.

We have enough prospects that we have in our stable that we need to develop. They need to be surrounded with veteran players so they can learn and be protected - Turris could learn tons from Vinny. Vinny has won a cup.
I thought that was what Jokinen was brought in to do, look how that has truned out. Vinny is a great player but he has a huge salary and he probably would hate losing night in and night out.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:34 PM
  #15
Jakeman
Registered User
 
Jakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Lecavlier

for

Turris
Mueller
Lisin
1st

Would be more realistic. Even though it's the Lightning, Lecavlier is a top five center in the NHL, and he is Tampa's franchise player. He's not going anywhere unless some team wants to totally rip apart its young core to get him.
Vinny is not worth gutting the promising young core of the coyotes for one player(who is really good, however) but still it doesn't make sence for the coyotes at this time.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.