HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Legace to contender for prospect G/late pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
  #1
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Legace to contender for prospect G/late pick

I'm in two mocks here at HF, and in both of them I've traded Manny Legace to a Western Conference contender for a goaltending prospect and a late pick.

In one mock, I sent Legace to Calgary for Matt Keetley and a sixth-rounder, and in another Manny went to Dallas for Tobias Stephan and a seventh-rounder.

Does anyone else think that a similar trade could actually go down in the real world, and would Blues' fans be happy with it?

Myself, I'd be thrilled if Larry Pleau could swing either deal in real time... Manny still has value to a contender that needs a goalie they can count on in a pinch, and Im sure Jarmo Kekalainen could always use another pick with which to work his unique brand of magic.

Either Keetley or Stephan could factor into the mix to challenge for an NHL roster spot with the Blues next year, and either would, at minimum, bolster Peoria's goaltending considerably.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
  #2
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
Buffalo needs a goalie..... but you are not getting Enroth... but that late pick could probably be had, or even maybe a 3rd rounder straight up so long as you bring him up through waivers first, then again you could get him claimed just from bringing him up... so in a reality you probably could not get that trade from an actual NHL team

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
  #3
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canberra
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
Buffalo needs a goalie..... but you are not getting Enroth... but that late pick could probably be had, or even maybe a 3rd rounder straight up so long as you bring him up through waivers first, then again you could get him claimed just from bringing him up... so in a reality you probably could not get that trade from an actual NHL team
yup, neither of those do St. Louis taken on quantifiable salary so this is just an example of fantasy hockey hooliganism.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
  #4
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,124
vCash: 460
Legace for Adam Dennis and a pick.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
  #5
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Get Legace through recall waiver without someone claiming him on the way back up, and we can talk about what his trade value might be.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
  #6
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 59,181
vCash: 2458
I believe he need to go through re-entry waivers before he can get traded

seems to me that if there is interest in Legace--a team lower in the standing may claim and trade

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:15 PM
  #7
SK74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Legace for Cedrick Desjardins and a 7th rounder

SK74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
  #8
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,214
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Get Legace through recall waiver without someone claiming him on the way back up, and we can talk about what his trade value might be.
this: same reason i dont see peter schaeffer being traded.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
  #9
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I believe he need to go through re-entry waivers before he can get traded

seems to me that if there is interest in Legace--a team lower in the standing may claim and trade
He can certainly be traded while he's in the minors. However, no team in its right mind is going to trade for a guy that's in the minors and has to clear recall waivers, and risk losing the guy for nothing on the recall.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
  #10
dutchcrunch14
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
legace to philly... a good goalie is the only thing they are missing i dont know if legace is the "good goalie" they need thought but it is an option

dutchcrunch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
  #11
Salim786
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm in two mocks here at HF, and in both of them I've traded Manny Legace to a Western Conference contender for a goaltending prospect and a late pick.

In one mock, I sent Legace to Calgary for Matt Keetley and a sixth-rounder, and in another Manny went to Dallas for Tobias Stephan and a seventh-rounder.

Does anyone else think that a similar trade could actually go down in the real world, and would Blues' fans be happy with it?

Myself, I'd be thrilled if Larry Pleau could swing either deal in real time... Manny still has value to a contender that needs a goalie they can count on in a pinch, and Im sure Jarmo Kekalainen could always use another pick with which to work his unique brand of magic.

Either Keetley or Stephan could factor into the mix to challenge for an NHL roster spot with the Blues next year, and either would, at minimum, bolster Peoria's goaltending considerably.

P_B
would LOVE if the Oilers took a shot at him; Roloson won't be able to start every game from now till the end of the season and Legace has a track record. Deslauriers shouldn't be counted on to give us two points that could determine whether or not we make the playoffs

Salim786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:10 AM
  #12
Loweded
****** of OilOnWhyte
 
Loweded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada, Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim786 View Post
would LOVE if the Oilers took a shot at him; Roloson won't be able to start every game from now till the end of the season and Legace has a track record.
Exactly my thought!

Sabourin and a 6th?

Loweded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
  #13
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner27 View Post
Exactly my thought!

Sabourin and a 6th?
As a Blues fan, I'd go for that...too bad the Oil mgmt wouldn't do it since, as has been mentioned a few times in this tread now, the Oil would then have to risk bringing Legace back up through re-entry waivers if they ever wanted to play him.

The only way I see Legace not finishing the season with the Peoria Rivermen is if the Blues recall him on re-entry waivers. I don't expect them to do that though since that would leave them severely shorthanded at the goaltending position withing the organization assuming Manny gets claimed...which I think he would be at half price.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
  #14
BeaverSports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
I really like Legace, but I can't see the Blues getting that kind of value for him via trade. Any team that wanted him could have got him on waivers that last time, and his salary probably wouldn't have broken anyone's bank account.

There's less salary now, but why would any team give ups two decent assets when it could have had him for none?

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
  #15
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Flames like keetley dont see this happening from flames standpoint

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
  #16
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm in two mocks here at HF, and in both of them I've traded Manny Legace to a Western Conference contender for a goaltending prospect and a late pick.

In one mock, I sent Legace to Calgary for Matt Keetley and a sixth-rounder, and in another Manny went to Dallas for Tobias Stephan and a seventh-rounder.

Does anyone else think that a similar trade could actually go down in the real world, and would Blues' fans be happy with it?

Myself, I'd be thrilled if Larry Pleau could swing either deal in real time... Manny still has value to a contender that needs a goalie they can count on in a pinch, and Im sure Jarmo Kekalainen could always use another pick with which to work his unique brand of magic.

Either Keetley or Stephan could factor into the mix to challenge for an NHL roster spot with the Blues next year, and either would, at minimum, bolster Peoria's goaltending considerably.

P_B
I think STL would be more than happy taking a late rd pick for Legace. Manny has had a rough season where he has seen himself clear waivers. Has he been called up again? If not, I can see a team taking him on re-entry waivers as insurance going into the PO's.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
  #17
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TribalPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
As the GM who made the deal for Keetley and a 6th, I like this.

I think Buffalo and Carolina would be well suited to look into this, ditto Calgary (clearly).

If Minnesota trades Backstrom, Legace would be good for a playoff drive to insulate Harding.

TribalPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
  #18
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canberra
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
He can certainly be traded while he's in the minors. However, no team in its right mind is going to trade for a guy that's in the minors and has to clear recall waivers, and risk losing the guy for nothing on the recall.
The best the Blues could hope for is to trade Legace for conditional draft picks maybe? Until he's made it through waivers anyways. The condition that should another team claim him its a swap of 6th rounders or something asinine.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
  #19
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
I'd rather just pick him up for nothing on recall waivers

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.