HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs 95% ready to pull the trigger on J-Bo or Vinny - EKlund

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
  #201
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob Bainey View Post
you guys are beating a dead horse!
Thats what she said

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
  #202
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,801
vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Man is it ever hard to keep on topic...

I tend to agree with you but I don't think that it will happen by Wednesday. I think that you'll see that trade at the draft this summer.
gainey will step up to the podium and we will all be getting ready to hear who we have decided to draft...BUT...bob has other plans...and announces a trade for vinny!

the noise would be louder than most arena's during a playoff game

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:56 PM
  #203
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
gainey will step up to the podium and we will all be getting ready to hear who we have decided to draft...BUT...bob has other plans...and announces a trade for vinny!

the noise would be louder than most arena's during a playoff game
Bettman will come up, "we have a trade to announce, the montreal canadiens..." and everyone's heart will stop.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
  #204
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
Bettman will come up, "we have a trade to announce, the montreal canadiens..." and everyone's heart will stop.
then will hear montreal and tampa have a trade to announce................. montreal trades a 4th round pick to tampa FOR a 5TH round pick in 2010..........roit breaks out and then Angelo Esposito comes running out of the crowd sayin why why why!!!

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
  #205
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
gainey will step up to the podium and we will all be getting ready to hear who we have decided to draft...BUT...bob has other plans...and announces a trade for vinny!

the noise would be louder than most arena's during a playoff game
I hate reading about peoples dreams here like "I dreamt that we traded for and got this guy for this guy" and so on...but for some dumb reason today I had a qucik nap and we made a trade for Vinnie and Markov was involved with Higgins.

Markov was traded because Gainey went out and got another Dman, and then goes on to sign Schneider to deal as well.

Will it happed?

Probably not, but I have to say that was my first dream of a hockey trade or the Habs.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
  #206
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I doubt either happen.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
  #207
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
The latest, for what it's worth...

Quote:
My Frustration Vinny...

It is frustrating to know what I know in this particular situation and hear it countered by some writers that I truly respect. Listen...obviously I have put myself out here by writing that Vinny has been in play. Any person who writes that he hasn't been in play is missing some key clues and being obviously shut out by some big sources in both Canada, NY, and Florida...

All along I have been consistent here. Vinny may get not get traded at the deadline but that does not mean that a deal doesn't exist AT THIS VERY MOMENT that could very well get Vinny traded at the deadline. and the teams involved are absolutely aware of what it would take...to me, that means THIS IS ALIVE.

It does. It does. It does exist.

And if the deal exists, which some people beyond myself clearly know it does, than how can you write or say that Vinny WILL NOT BE DEALT or that this has never been discussed? If we have learned anything we have learned how possible these things can be...

The last time I was holding to my sources like this was Forsberg to Nashville....

I so wish I could tell you all what EXACTLY my sources are saying, but were I to do that I would be breaking that trust that keeps my business alive. Therefore, I can't say the simple facts here and now that would allow you all to know exactly why I am sticking so adamantly to my conviction here and my belief of what is occurring here......which is that the Lecavalier situation is a highly complex, intriguing, political, high stakes game of Chicken...Essentially between Montreal and Tampa, but also possibly to spread into NY and even Vancouver.

Understand me: Tampa doesn't want to trade Vinny...The guy is an icon. He has been amazing to that team through and through. To many in Tampa he "is" the Lightning...However, so is Martin St Louis and so will be Stamkos. But Vinny is also a HUGE asset, and that isn't personal.

The fact is this Lightning team is being aggressive and looking into all ways to improve. They may have made some mistakes but better to go down swinging in my opinion...Moving Vinny for the right pieces is definitely an option...Of course they won't nor can they say that they are moving Vinny...Due to the fact that he is a huge part of their family...But when teams have called they have had to listen...And I have been told that they did more than listen and that those doors are still very open right now and will be until July 1.

I am also told that there was a point when things got really close...REALLY close.

Source...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
  #208
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
The latest, for what it's worth...
seriously my head is spinning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------











The latest, for what it's worth...

Quote:
My Frustration Vinny...

It is frustrating to know what I know in this particular situation and hear it countered by some writers that I truly respect. Listen...obviously I have put myself out here by writing that Vinny has been in play. Any person who writes that he hasn't been in play is missing some key clues and being obviously shut out by some big sources in both Canada, NY, and Florida...

All along I have been consistent here. Vinny may get not get traded at the deadline but that does not mean that a deal doesn't exist AT THIS VERY MOMENT that could very well get Vinny traded at the deadline. and the teams involved are absolutely aware of what it would take...to me, that means THIS IS ALIVE.

It does. It does. It does exist.

And if the deal exists, which some people beyond myself clearly know it does, than how can you write or say that Vinny WILL NOT BE DEALT or that this has never been discussed? If we have learned anything we have learned how possible these things can be...

The last time I was holding to my sources like this was Forsberg to Nashville....

I so wish I could tell you all what EXACTLY my sources are saying, but were I to do that I would be breaking that trust that keeps my business alive. Therefore, I can't say the simple facts here and now that would allow you all to know exactly why I am sticking so adamantly to my conviction here and my belief of what is occurring here......which is that the Lecavalier situation is a highly complex, intriguing, political, high stakes game of Chicken...Essentially between Montreal and Tampa, but also possibly to spread into NY and even Vancouver.

Understand me: Tampa doesn't want to trade Vinny...The guy is an icon. He has been amazing to that team through and through. To many in Tampa he "is" the Lightning...However, so is Martin St Louis and so will be Stamkos. But Vinny is also a HUGE asset, and that isn't personal.

The fact is this Lightning team is being aggressive and looking into all ways to improve. They may have made some mistakes but better to go down swinging in my opinion...Moving Vinny for the right pieces is definitely an option...Of course they won't nor can they say that they are moving Vinny...Due to the fact that he is a huge part of their family...But when teams have called they have had to listen...And I have been told that they did more than listen and that those doors are still very open right now and will be until July 1.

I am also told that there was a point when things got really close...REALLY close.

Source...


Last edited by Artyukhin*: 02-27-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.