HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger to Toronto?!

Old
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
muskiefish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
They are OVERPAID? LOL ROFLMAO LOL LOL LMAO ROFLMAO LOL

Look up their salaries for me bud.
Antropov-2.05
Stajan-1.75
Overpaid!!! they either cant skate or are just plain average at best. im from Tor i seen em play
. watched Stajan all thru Junior he sucks always has always will

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiefish View Post
Antropov-2.05
Stajan-1.75
Overpaid!!! they either cant skate or are just plain average at best. im from Tor i seen em play

ontario born leaf haters know nothing of hockey other than; they hate the leafs. haha

The Naz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
MatthewT

Pronger for Kaberle + Stajan ????????

Pronger is a UFA after next season, but Anaheim gets Kaberle with some term left on a deal and Stajan who has played pretty decent this season.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfey View Post
According the AM 640 Toronto's Andy Frost (also the voice of the ACC) Burke is in talks with Anaheim to acquire Chris Pronger for Antropov and Stajan. ANdy Frost then proceeded to discuss how stupid of a deal it would be.
Is this what is has come to? Listening to the Leafs PA announcer? Frost is a bozo and is really annoying to listen to. I would like the Leafs to get a guy that has an ounce of hockey knowledge to run the Leafs post game talk show.

As for the rumour, Frost brought up, it just proves how dumb he is. So Anahiem who are closer to a playoff than we are, are going to trade one of their better players for a rental player and a mediocre young player. I thought it was made quite clear that if the Ducks do trade Pronger, that they will start to rebuild. Antropov and Stajan for a rebuild?

At is Frost calling the Leafs stupid or the Ducks stupid? My guess is he is calling the Leafs stupid for considering this deal but if the Ducks offer me Pronger for Stajan and Antro, I take it and run. This gives the Leafs the opportunity to move one of Kubina or Kaberle now and the Leafs have the option of dealing Pronger next deadline. Once again, this is how dumb Frost is.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Antropov-2.05
Stajan-1.75
Overpaid? To back it up you suggest that they can't skate (which shows your genius). Then you say there just plain average as best. If that were the case their salaries would be right. They are not exceptional hockey players but they are both very good at what they do. I think you'd have a lot of trouble finding anyone to back up your statements.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Overpaid? To back it up you suggest that they can't skate (which shows your genius). Then you say there just plain average as best. If that were the case their salaries would be right. They are not exceptional hockey players but they are both very good at what they do. I think you'd have a lot of trouble finding anyone to back up your statements.
average players do not get traded for pronger like the proposal suggested and stajan kills penalties and gets the odd goal on a good team. antropov sucks listen to your GM he hates the guy cuz he plays lazy and cant skate. I hate people who think that just becuz it's a leaf guy that they are worth more. any leaf fan that actually know's hockey doesn't like antropov at all

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
average players do not get traded for pronger like the proposal suggested and stajan kills penalties and gets the odd goal on a good team. antropov sucks listen to your GM he hates the guy cuz he plays lazy and cant skate. I hate people who think that just becuz it's a leaf guy that they are worth more. any leaf fan that actually know's hockey doesn't like antropov at all
Don't you have a bridge to crawl back under?

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Ajaton Azer
A small hamster

No, no and no? Not happening at all mate.

Ajaton Azer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
bullocks

Ducks would be getting hosed, so in that sence its not bad for the Leafs. But in the sence they should be getting draft pics i think this is completely false.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

I was just listening to Ron Wilson on AM640 on the drive home, and he said the Leafs are not interested in Pronger. It is counterproductive to the re-build and we would have to give up assets for a short term player, and Wilson believes this trade will not happen.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Randall Graves*

Antropov and Stajan...start with Kaberle, or Stralman and Kulemin then we'll talk.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
lefty2time*

young third liner with some potential........

and a mediocre but legit second liner..

for one of the best dmen in the world...oh ya..and that 2nd liner is a ufa..

oookay..sure...

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
I was just listening to Ron Wilson on AM640 on the drive home, and he said the Leafs are not interested in Pronger. It is counterproductive to the re-build and we would have to give up assets for a short term player, and Wilson believes this trade will not happen.
It makes zero sense unless the leafs went ahead and flipped Pronger to another team for assets. Some say Pronger will get a bigger return than Kaberle, so flipping Kaberle for Pronger may get Toronto a better deal.

But honestly has something like this happened anyway? Making a trade than dealing that player just a few days later? Yeah, so this makes no sense really.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
chef223

Burke said the same thing last week, but Wilson and Burke both lie to the media often. I'm not saying that this rumor is true at all, all I'm saying is it's been discussed everywhere and is even talked about by Ulmer on MapleLeafs.com.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Roulette View Post
You're an idiot
You're an idiot if you think the leafs could give up Antropov and Stajan for Pronger.
Pronger is an ELITE defenseman and a top 5 blueliner in the NHL and Antropov would be a 2nd line player in the Ducks and Stajan would role on the 4th line. This deal could happen if the Leafs through in there 1st rounder this draft and another lower level prospect.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

And your a bigger idiot if you think Pronger is worth our first pick+ for him.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
badnewsbruin

and that bonehead Burke thinks Kaberle is worth a roster player, top prospect and a 1st round pick...yet he wants to under value Pronger...what a moron

badnewsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
wayne98

that would be a great move for the leafs if they can flip pronger in another trade to land some top notch prospects, other wise forget it

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote