HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the love?

Old
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Where's the love?

I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed a pantload of negativity around here of late...what gives?

Were 6 points out of 1st in the division with two games in hand, were set to welcome back Briere for a hopefully a nice playoff run. Were 7-2-1 in the last ten games...what gives???

So much hate for Jones, Stevens and now Holmgren with the latest transactions of Ossi and Metro. Ossi and Metro, are you kidding me??? Sure we all like to chime in and give our thoughts and opinions, but it's getting out hand. Fact of the matter is, Stevens is far more qualified as a head coach in the NHL than any of you (myself included) as is Holmgren a GM.

What happened to the love and support of the Philadelphia Flyers???

Life ain't that bad...we have a solid young team, we solid prospects coming up the system and were set to be a good team for years to come. Why all the negativity??? We have a solid hockey team.

Let's show some ****ing love and support...

Let's Go Flyers!!!

Last edited by Opus: 02-28-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
It's trade deadline time, people are always a little ornery this time of year.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i'm not ornery. i dunno about anyone else, but i'm pretty much always this mellow.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Trade deadline time and NFL free agency time. Where us Eagle fans once again realize our franchise loves to **** tease us. All these weeks of hoping the Birds do this or that, but seeing Dawk leave brought me back to earth. They aint gonna do ****. My attitude twards the Flyers comes from the Eagles lol. I overreacted to the Ossi/Metro thing and I still trust Homer to get us though this.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
turkinaa

I understand these things had to be done, but I think they jumped the gun a bit without being 100% ready. Just lucky its happening now and not after the deadline. Hopefully something will get done to fill the holes and help the cap issues.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Miss Mess

Thank you! I was beginning to feel like the only person not about to have a stroke about losing freakin Metropolit and Vaananen. Take a deep breath, people. We'll be fine.

20-some games left, then playoffs baby!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Trade deadline time and NFL free agency time. Where us Eagle fans once again realize our franchise loves to **** tease us. All these weeks of hoping the Birds do this or that, but seeing Dawk leave brought me back to earth. They aint gonna do ****. My attitude twards the Flyers comes from the Eagles lol. I overreacted to the Ossi/Metro thing and I still trust Homer to get us though this.

Tonight game vs the Habs is a pretty important game, if we win tonight and Sunday, I will be one happy kid. But Fat andy and the Eagles can go **** Themselves

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

I'm with you Opus, and I hope all the Eagles fans can separate the passion for the two teams!!

You have a GOOD season going on NOW! Support those playing now!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Sorry I may have been not my mellow self lately. It's the trade deadline I'd hate to see something we all don't want. As for the Eagles I love the team but, I really don't give them so much credibility anymore. That organization isn't going anywhere with Reid.

Here's to a good game tonight

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Thank you! I was beginning to feel like the only person not about to have a stroke about losing freakin Metropolit and Vaananen. Take a deep breath, people. We'll be fine.

I'm with you guys. I think that being partially medicated due to this cold that I have makes me more mellow than usual, but even if I was 100%, I don't think I'd be up in arms over depth players being waived.

What amazes me more is the people who have been AGAINST this...the most level-headed and inteligent people on the board like Jester and GKJ. Not saying you guys are wrong, because I think time will tell us who is and who isn't, but I'm just surprised in general.

That being said, I love everyone. Beers on me and Mr. Nyquil and Mr. Dayquil (kind of like Dayman and Nightman...)

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Nice thread, Opus. There has definitely been a lot of venting going on here in the last little while. It almost makes me look forward to the days where 50% of the posts are related to the refs screwing the Flyers over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus
Let's show some ****ing love and support...
My favourite part of your post. No better way to quell negativity than profanity.

Kidding aside, I approve the sentiment. Leave it to the board's Mr. Happy to rein everyone in.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:26 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Flyers will win. That is all.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
That being said, I love everyone. Beers on me and Mr. Nyquil and Mr. Dayquil (kind of like Dayman and Nightman...)
Dayquil, fighter of the Nyquil.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Opie, I totally agree.
I mean, GKJ made a great point, we're getting ownry.
As much as I cant stand Briere, I welcome him back.
This team is on the right track.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's trade deadline time, people are always a little ornery this time of year.
Fair enough, but I don't look at 'this' as ornery.

If people can whine and complain this much about a team that's winning hockey games, how do certain people live their lives...go to work...drive...etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i'm not ornery. i dunno about anyone else, but i'm pretty much always this mellow.
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Two different franchises, don't bring your Eagles negativity over to the Flyers, who are one of better teams in the league. That's just ridiculous.

Write the Eagles and voice your displeasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post

Let's Go Flyers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
I'm with you guys. I think that being partially medicated due to this cold that I have makes me more mellow than usual, but even if I was 100%, I don't think I'd be up in arms over depth players being waived.

What amazes me more is the people who have been AGAINST this...the most level-headed and inteligent people on the board like Jester and GKJ. Not saying you guys are wrong, because I think time will tell us who is and who isn't, but I'm just surprised in general.

Get well soon Carle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Nice thread, Opus. There has definitely been a lot of venting going on here in the last little while. It almost makes me look forward to the days where 50% of the posts are related to the refs screwing the Flyers over.

My favourite part of your post. No better way to quell negativity than profanity.

Kidding aside, I approve the sentiment. Leave it to the board's Mr. Happy to rein everyone in.
Heh, it had to be said. Really, I look at the standings and really wonder why all the fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Opie, I totally agree.
I mean, GKJ made a great point, we're getting ownry.
As much as I cant stand Briere, I welcome him back.
This team is on the right track.
1/2 full...

Last edited by Opus: 02-28-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old
02-28-2009, 08:04 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Fair enough, but I don't look at 'this' as ornery.

If people can whine and complain this much about a team that's winning hockey games, how do certain people live their lives...go to work...drive...etc.
It's all about how many games they're winning in the spring. That is the standard the team holds for themselves, and probably the only team in this town who truly holds themselves to the highest standard possible. If we lose in April, no one is going to care what happened in February -- and they're not going to care what happens in February.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Opus

Quote:
It's all about how many games they're winning in the spring. That is the standard the team holds for themselves, and probably the only team in this town who truly holds themselves to the highest standard possible. If we lose in April, no one is going to care what happened in February -- and they're not going to care what happens in February.
Agreed.

Let's then, dissect your post.

We made it the Eastern Conference finals last year, correct?

Are you willing to admit that exceeded your wildest expectations after the collapse the previous year?

Old
02-28-2009, 08:27 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Agreed.

Let's then, dissect your post.

We made it the Eastern Conference finals last year, correct?

Are you willing to admit that exceeded your wildest expectations after the collapse the previous year?
Last year was last year. That was nice, but if we go out early, no one is going to be talking about how happy they were last season.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Opus

Quote:
Last year was last year. That was nice, but if we go out early, no one is going to be talking about how happy they were last season.
For sure, but isn't that the last memory that we, the fans...were left with? So far this year, were seeing success. Am I missing something?

We have yet to play a playoff game this year and people are ripping this team. Any way you slice it, it just doesn't add it.

Like I posted in the GDT, were 7-2-1 in the last 10...that's good for the best record out of ALL Eastern Conference teams in the last 10, were doing well. Lot's of positive things to looks at and be thankful for.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

This team got ripped last year too, it's just that most of it went to the coach because at this point in the season the Flyers were in a free fall.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Opus

Quote:
This team got ripped last year too, it's just that most of it went to the coach because at this point in the season the Flyers were in a free fall.
I'm not saying Stevens is the best coach in the league, because we all know he's not. He's new on the scene and learning...just like our younger players are learning. That's how you get better at things. Learning, falling, getting back up and trying again.

There is no way that Stevens is deserving of the bashing though. He won the Calder with Phantoms, he took us to the Eastern Conference finals last season. The players seem to like playing for him, and the players are progressing under his tenure as coach. Were winning more games than were losing...am I missing something???

I'm 100% confident that we could hire the best coach in the league (insert his name here, as whom you see fit), and people would still ride his ass. Insist he has the lines wrong, plays the wrong guy at the wrong times, etc...

I'm 100% confident that we could hire the best GM in the league (insert name here, as whom you see fit), and people would still ride his ass. Insist he gave the wrong gave contracts, waived the wrong guys, etc...

Old
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Thanks for bringing it up Opy I have been feeling the same way. no love for anything anymore. This team is on pace for 104 points, thats the highest point total this team had had since 2002! We have had 2 Eastern Conference finals runs in that span with teams weaker than this...so be happy!

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
pcgflyers12*

all i got to say is, LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Thanks for bringing it up Opy I have been feeling the same way. no love for anything anymore. This team is on pace for 104 points, thats the highest point total this team had had since 2002! We have had 2 Eastern Conference finals runs in that span with teams weaker than this...so be happy!
No problem buddy, thanks for chiming in. I think it had to be said, and I'm not afraid of saying it. I like to think I post the facts and look at things openly. Fact of the matter is, like you said, we have a solid team...young and fun to watch. It's not all bad, it's not bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 View Post
all i got to say is, LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!
Let's Go Flyers!!!

Old
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
No problem buddy, thanks for chiming in. I think it had to be said, and I'm not afraid of saying it. I like to think I post the facts and look at things openly. Fact of the matter is, like you said, we have a solid team...young and fun to watch. It's not all bad, it's not bad at all.

The thing that bothers me is the consistancy thing. Everyone complains that they are so inconsistant but when you look at the whole season after that first couple weeks or so the Flyers have been one of them most consistant teams in the NHL. The flyers havent lost more than 2 games in a row since that horrid start to the season and all anyone talks about is consistancy. Oh well, its philly, some people will just never be happy with the solid team we have. Eventually its going to be one of them things where people ***** and complain all year and then they finally win a cup and they cant even enjoy is because of their hatred for stevens, or jones, or biron or holmgren. Just embrace a good team guys, this is going to be a fun ride, and trust me you will enjoy it much more if you actually enjoy the ride instead of just where the ride is taking us.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote