HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington - Toronto

Old
02-27-2009, 02:55 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Not saying that the trade is good, but Antropov would be getting 2nd line minutes on the Caps. Antropov > Laich, Fleschmann, Kozlov, Nylander, Fedorov. He has 9 more points this season than Laich, 14 more than Fleschmann and Kozlov, etc.

Edit: and he definitely would NOT be a healthy scratch. I really don't know why you'd think that.
There is no way I'd put Antropov on the top 2 lines in Washington unless he clicks with one of the Alexes.

Those guys all earned their spots and deserve to play there, Antropov is not a significant upgrade over any of them.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
Value is there but there is no point proposing deals to Washigton fans as they seem to think all their prospects are Wayne Greztzy if they play foward or Bobby Orr if they are defensmen.
Antropov not so much but if you want to add depth to your scoring and dont want to tinker with your line up then what do you offer? GM's dont give players away.
Try not at all. I wish Toronto fans would realize that Antropov does not have the kind of value that will bring back anything more than a decent prospect and a 2nd round pick. And not even that from a team like WSH, who has plenty of O.

Quote:
First of all, lets get serious here. Carlson is not quite a Schenn. and Laich and Fleishman are no where near Antropov. Making your attempt at sarcasm terrible.

Secondly in my original quote i even said Antropov does not put the Caps over the top so no point trading a prospect.

Fact is though the value is there in this trade, it makes no sense for the caps but the if Antrpov gets traded i will guarentee it is at least for a teams 4th best prospect (Carlson) and a second round pick.

How about Antropov is an UFA after this season and much older than Fleischmann or Laich. Either WSH player clearly has more value.

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
capsrule26

Quote:
First of all, lets get serious here. Carlson is not quite a Schenn. and Laich and Fleishman are no where near Antropov. Making your attempt at sarcasm terrible.

Secondly in my original quote i even said Antropov does not put the Caps over the top so no point trading a prospect.

Fact is though the value is there in this trade, it makes no sense for the caps but the if Antrpov gets traded i will guarentee it is at least for a teams 4th best prospect (Carlson) and a second round pick.
1.Your right Calson is not Schenn, I feel he acually has more upside than Schenn.If he was in TO this year would have easily made their team and got to play top 4 minuits. Hell he almost made the Caps roaster. Have any of you ever seen him play "HE IS A STUD" In three, four years we will see where they are in there careers. My money is on Carlson to be the better of the two.

2.The Caps fourth best propect and other teams fourth best propect can't be compared as the caps third fourth and fifth best are better than most teams best prospects.

3.Antropov is not that much of an upgrade oven any of the players you mention ie.Laich and Fleishman who are roll players and fit in well in the system. Antropov is soft in my opion and no heart, you are comparing stats of a first line player who plays the power play to players with third line minuits and very little PP minuits if any.

capsrule26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
I hereby call for a halt of all Toronto - Washington proposals. All in favor?
Aye!

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Indeed I have seen Carlson play, on many occasions. I will admit he will be a better offensive defensmen than Schenn, but there is no chance Carlson can hold his own in the defensive end like Schenn.

Carlson has been coming under critism lately in London for his play in the defensive zone. Being from around the area and watching several game i do not believe he diserves that much critizism and it is more the coach for giving him the green light earlier in the year and now trying to bring him up in. In deed the Caps have a lot of prospects who are rock solid and i will not argue that.

However in 3 years Carlson will be a number 4 defensmen on a winning team and i find he will never go above that level on a stanley cup caliber team. He will be a good assett to have on the power play, and possibly the PK but defensivly his game is not sound enough to have the impact Schenn will have. Schenn will be a number 1 or 2 defensmen for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsrule26 View Post
1.Your right Calson is not Schenn, I feel he acually has more upside than Schenn.If he was in TO this year would have easily made their team and got to play top 4 minuits. Hell he almost made the Caps roaster. Have any of you ever seen him play "HE IS A STUD" In three, four years we will see where they are in there careers. My money is on Carlson to be the better of the two.

2.The Caps fourth best propect and other teams fourth best propect can't be compared as the caps third fourth and fifth best are better than most teams best prospects.

3.Antropov is not that much of an upgrade oven any of the players you mention ie.Laich and Fleishman who are roll players and fit in well in the system. Antropov is soft in my opion and no heart, you are comparing stats of a first line player who plays the power play to players with third line minuits and very little PP minuits if any.

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
JohnCarlsaurus

This is the second straight proposal involving Antropov to Wsh. The Caps need a gritty, veteran defenseman and might want a gritty, veteran forward too. Antropov is neither of these things. No thank you.

Looking at his cap hit, I'll tell ya what... the only way we'll take him off your hands is if you take Nylander off ours.

JohnCarlsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
kihei

vCash: 1127
Quote:
No, wait, not just yet, how about Ovechkin for....

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:48 PM
eric824

Quote:
A ban on such proposals involving Antropov would probably be enough.

eric824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
malyk

The only players on the Leafs that the caps would be interested in are Kaberle and Kubina, imo.

The leafs would have to take back a bunch of salary to make it happen. Maybe Morrisonn or Fehr would be enough to get under the cap, but doubt it.

Basically any big trade the caps make has to involve Nylander, which really sucks for WSH, but that's the way it is.

malyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefensiveForward View Post
Looking at his cap hit, I'll tell ya what... the only way we'll take him off your hands is if you take Nylander off ours.
Let me guess, you didn't really look at his cap hit.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Icetime

For all the people who keep trying to steal John Carlson from the Caps like the Caps stole him from the entire league in last year's draft I have one thing to say. Don't bother.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
For all the people who keep trying to steal John Carlson from the Caps like the Caps stole him from the entire league in last year's draft I have one thing to say. Don't bother.
This.

Caps fans would be bitter at moving Carlson for Pronger and Leafs fans think they're going to get him for 2 months of ****ing Nik Antropov.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsrule26 View Post

Any argument by a Leafs fan that has been called homerism in this thread has been equaled or bettered by this post.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
JohnCarlsaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Let me guess, you didn't really look at his cap hit.
Well first off, I probably shouldve added this at the end of that post: , as I wasnt totally serious.

However, I did in fact look at his cap hit. The point of it was that we need cap space and you guys have that so we'd send a more expensive player thats under contract past this season, for one thats cheaper but who's contract is up at the end of the season. IF we want to look at this as a serious proposal, the Caps would likely need to add a draft pick or two to make it fair.

JohnCarlsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefensiveForward View Post
Well first off, I probably shouldve added this at the end of that post: , as I wasnt totally serious.

However, I did in fact look at his cap hit. The point of it was that we need cap space and you guys have that so we'd send a more expensive player thats under contract past this season, for one thats cheaper but who's contract is up at the end of the season. IF we want to look at this as a serious proposal, the Caps would likely need to add a draft pick or two to make it fair.
Thanks for clearing it up, that makes more sense to me now.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote