HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Value of Jay Bouwmeester

Old
02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I mean its hard to tell. I'll agree Olesz's contract is pretty awful and he's been hurt mostly every season it seems like. But I'd hate to give up on him because he has some serious potential. A friend of mine that I go to the games with said he'd never come to another Panthers game if they traded Olesz lol, but I don't feel the same way. I wouldn't be opposed to the trade. I'm really glad I'm not a GM, too many decisions to make lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but J-Bo just wants out, right? Like it's not a matter of money at this point, they would give him Gomez money, he just wants out right?

Just asking from the standpoint of if they could withstand the Gomez contract.

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
avco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
According to TSN, the askig price for Bouwmeester is a top 4 dman, and a veteran foward who will be a fan favourite and can help Florida and they're playoff push.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/scott_culle...s=topStory_nhl

Would something around Ohlund or Salo and a conditional 1st be enough for the Nucks to land Jaybow?
Olli Jokinen and Derek Morris

avco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
This is a guy who says Antro and Stajan are horrible players but proceeds to offer Morrison towards a Jaybo deal??? Buddy, you're a joke if you think Morrison has more value than Antro and Stajan.
Chris Pronger? he is worth Antro and Stajan X2 or X3 I'd say

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead94 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but J-Bo just wants out, right? Like it's not a matter of money at this point, they would give him Gomez money, he just wants out right?

Just asking from the standpoint of if they could withstand the Gomez contract.
Who knows really? If you ask me, yeah it looks like he just wants out. He said months ago or around the start of the season, can't remember which, that he wanted to see what direction the team is going in. Well if he hasn't gotten a good indication by now that the Panthers "seem" to have things turned around, then he just doesn't want to be here imo.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Liles + Smyth

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
tantalum

So what's the correct rumour....a top 4 D-man and a veteran forward to sell to the fan base or Philly getting scared off over Florida wanting Coburn and Giroux?

What Florida supposedly wanted from Philly doesn't fit what they supposedly want in an offer.

The answer is simply Florida wants really good value. They need a piece or two back that helps them make the playoffs this year (i.e. they need a D-man back and some forward depth) and they need a little something for the future as well. I don't think the players that can help Florida now need to be under contract past this season or RFAs though that is clearly the more ideal situation for Florida. If one of those guys is a UFA then the future something has to be a better future something.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
I mean its hard to tell. I'll agree Olesz's contract is pretty awful and he's been hurt mostly every season it seems like. But I'd hate to give up on him because he has some serious potential. A friend of mine that I go to the games with said he'd never come to another Panthers game if they traded Olesz lol, but I don't feel the same way. I wouldn't be opposed to the trade though. Gomez has gotten a bad rap mainly because his contract sucks, but I think he's a really good player and could do well with Horton. He's actually right on par with his points total per season. I'm really glad I'm not a GM, too many decisions to make lol.
haha yeah, I appreciate the input. I've watched a good amount panthers games the last two seasons but never on a consistent basis to see what kind of potential he really had. I think it would make a lot of sense for the Rangers to take a chance on him because they are very weak on the wings and could use "a change of scenary" just like Gomez could. I don't necessarily think that Gomez needs a change of scenery par say, because he's playing like he always has.. He just doesn't have the cast of characters around him to complement his game. With that said, for the purpose of cap hell, he needs to go.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
So what's the correct rumour....a top 4 D-man and a veteran forward to sell to the fan base or Philly getting scared off over Florida wanting Coburn and Giroux?

What Florida supposedly wanted from Philly doesn't fit what they supposedly want in an offer.

The answer is simply Florida wants really good value. They need a piece or two back that helps them make the playoffs this year (i.e. they need a D-man back and some forward depth) and they need a little something for the future as well. I don't think the players that can help Florida now need to be under contract past this season or RFAs though that is clearly the more ideal situation for Florida. If one of those guys is a UFA then the future something has to be a better future something.
I agree. Florida just wants really good value. I think Martin was just saying that to make it seem like the playoffs are his #1 priority. And they should be, but I realize that building a good franchise takes time. So building for the future is important, unfortunately lots of fans in South Florida, not specifically Panthers fans, are impatient as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
haha yeah, I appreciate the input. I've watched a good amount panthers games the last two seasons but never on a consistent basis to see what kind of potential he really had. I think it would make a lot of sense for the Rangers to take a chance on him because they are very weak on the wings and could use "a change of scenary" just like Gomez could. I don't necessarily think that Gomez needs a change of scenery par say, because he's playing like he always has.. He just doesn't have the cast of characters around him to complement his game. With that said, for the purpose of cap hell, he needs to go.
Yeah it doesn't seem like Gomez is a good fit there. He seems like the type of guy that needs a pure finisher, like he had with Elias in NJ. Olesz could do well in NY. I want the trade deadline to hurry the efff up.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Cannonation

heres the deal from the flyers
lups,carle,nodl + cond1st in 2010 for jbo

Cannonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonation View Post
heres the deal from the flyers
lups,carle,nodl + cond1st in 2010 for jbo
No thanks.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Kovalev = fan favourite?
Seriously, yes... he is spectacular and will sell more tickets and dvds (his own).

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
I agree. Florida just wants really good value. I think Martin was just saying that to make it seem like the playoffs are his #1 priority. And they should be, but I realize that building a good franchise takes time. So building for the future is important, unfortunately lots of fans in South Florida, not specifically Panthers fans, are impatient as hell.

Yeah it doesn't seem like Gomez is a good fit there. He seems like the type of guy that needs a pure finisher, like he had with Elias in NJ. Olesz could do well in NY. I want the trade deadline to hurry the efff up.

Okay,here's my .02 cents of all the talk. As a die-hard Panther fan, I would not want to trade away Olesz just yet. I know he's been injury prone for quite some time now,but the kid shows a lot of potential when he is playing and I would not want to see the Panthers miss out on a possibly great hockey player just to dump salary. When Olesz was on his game, he could skate like the wind,had a great shot,good hands, isn't afraid to hit and I think he can give the Panthers that little extra bit of scoring they are looking for.

On Gomez, #1 I guess a stupid question, Now I know his last name is spanish,but isn't he from Alaska? Back to subject, I wouldn't mind Gomez in a Panther jersey,but I am not happy about his price. I am not even close to a Rags fan, so I haven't seen him play much,but from what everyone seems to be saying is that he is having a horrible year in NY, so maybe a change of scenery is good for him, but at what cost? I would much rather the Panthers hang on to JBo and have a healthy Olesz come back into the lineup for a playoff run,then take a chance on Gomez and his price.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Cam Janssen View Post
K let me give it a try for NJ:

Top 4 defenseman - Salvador
Veteran forward who helps makes POs - Gionta
1st round pick
3rd round pick

Close?
Quote:
The value is good but I'm not a Salvador fan.

I was going to offer Oduya but I really doubt the Panthers would trade Bouwmeester for 2 UFAs and picks. For the record, Salvador played on the top pairing with Pronger and then with Brewer for the majority of his time in St. Louis. I think he'd look really good next to Ballard for the Panthers.

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
littlesthobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
This is a guy who says Antro and Stajan are horrible players but proceeds to offer Morrison towards a Jaybo deal??? Buddy, you're a joke if you think Morrison has more value than Antro and Stajan.
Ummm Chris Pronger says hi.

And wipes the floor with a Stajan/ Antro package.

littlesthobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
He also offered Pronger or did you completlely ignore that just for the opportunity to attack him.
Can you read? I said Morrison towards a deal for Jaybo, meaning in addition to something else (aka Pronger).

He deserved to be attacked for blindly ragging on Stajan and Antro and proceeding to add Morrison to a proposal. Stajan and Antro are both far superior to Morrison.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Cannonation

Quote:
No thanks.
not going to get much better of a deal than that bud, especially for a UFA

Old
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators39 View Post
Ummm Chris Pronger says hi.

And wipes the floor with a Stajan/ Antro package.
Umm Kaberle says hi and the Leafs wipe the floor with a Pronger + Morrison offer via a Stajan + Antro + Kaberle offer

Stajan >>>>> Morrison
Antro >>>>>>>> Morrison
Pronger >> Kaberle

Total value= Leafs +1

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
I was going to offer Oduya but I really doubt the Panthers would trade Bouwmeester for 2 UFAs and picks. For the record, Salvador played on the top pairing with Pronger and then with Brewer for the majority of his time in St. Louis. I think he'd look really good next to Ballard for the Panthers.
I didn't know Oduya was a UFA. I think he's awesome and would love to have him on the Panthers, but I've got a feeling if he's a UFA he's gonna be getting a fat raise. We are pretty close to the cap as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Okay,here's my .02 cents of all the talk. As a die-hard Panther fan, I would not want to trade away Olesz just yet. I know he's been injury prone for quite some time now,but the kid shows a lot of potential when he is playing and I would not want to see the Panthers miss out on a possibly great hockey player just to dump salary. When Olesz was on his game, he could skate like the wind,had a great shot,good hands, isn't afraid to hit and I think he can give the Panthers that little extra bit of scoring they are looking for.

On Gomez, #1 I guess a stupid question, Now I know his last name is spanish,but isn't he from Alaska? Back to subject, I wouldn't mind Gomez in a Panther jersey,but I am not happy about his price. I am not even close to a Rags fan, so I haven't seen him play much,but from what everyone seems to be saying is that he is having a horrible year in NY, so maybe a change of scenery is good for him, but at what cost? I would much rather the Panthers hang on to JBo and have a healthy Olesz come back into the lineup for a playoff run,then take a chance on Gomez and his price.
Gomez is actually living up to his stats. I think I saw it on NHL on the Fly last night. They showed his season points average and he's right where he usually is. Its just that he comes with a $7mil pricetag. If he was making $1 mil, fans would be trying to grab him in a heartbeat. I hope we get someone to help our offense. I'm crossing my fingers for Cogliano or Vermette to be in a Panthers uniform come Mar. 5th.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
not going to get much better of a deal than that bud, especially for a UFA
You may be right. Carle would be a nice acquisition. Lupul makes too much for his inconsistency. Nodl is just another prospect, and a conditional first in 2010 is nice but doesn't help us now.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
Biggzy,

As I mentioned up top, I could see Olesz coming back in a Gomez trade to offset salary in sort of a swap for "bad contracts" -but that's just an outside opinion. How do Florida fans feel about him?
Olesz is a bit of a fan favorite and Gomez is what he is, incredibly overpaid.

As I said above, Martin's stated he won't be absorbing salary, he's not likely to take Gomez.

02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Attica

Send a message via MSN to Attica
The Ohlund, Raymond and a conditional 1st deal doesn't sound so out of the question now.

Ohlund and Raymond are both guys that the Panthers could sell the their fans, Raymond's an exciting player to watch. Not quite the veteran fan fave, but a marketable player, Ohlund in the deal overcompensates for that, as he's a top 2 d-man in Florida, if not their #1 guy. The 1st I could see hinging on maybe a certain playoff round, or if Jay re-ups.

I'm not sold on trading Ohlund, but Jay-Bo is as good as a replacement you could hope for.

Attica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Cannonation

Quote:
You may be right. Carle would be a nice acquisition. Lupul makes too much for his inconsistency. Nodl is just another prospect, and a conditional first in 2010 is nice but doesn't help us now.
hence you guys getting lups and carle, both of which help now. Nodl is a good prospect who is burried behind depth in Philly, but would more than likely be up on the Panthers squad as a third liner (has the potential to be a top 6 forward).
Lups had stretches of 4 games (2x), 5 games (3xs) and 6 and 7 games (once) without goals. Without points, 5 games twice and after that, nothing longer than three games. For comparison, Horton has been very similar including a stretch of 10 games without a goal and only registering four assists during that time. Also goal less droughts of 4 and 7 games. So before you claim people to be so inconsistent, maybe look at your own roster players and see how comparable they are. Lups is no more inconsistent than any of the players on your team, and would be third in points and goals, and thats playing second line minutes for the flyers. Dont try to lower someone who can obviously help you.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Quote:
I didn't know Oduya was a UFA. I think he's awesome and would love to have him on the Panthers, but I've got a feeling if he's a UFA he's gonna be getting a fat raise. We are pretty close to the cap as it is.
Yeah he's a UFA but he shouldnt cost too much to re-sign. Probably in the 2.5-3 million range, dont know how close to the cap you are.

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
hence you guys getting lups and carle, both of which help now. Nodl is a good prospect who is burried behind depth in Philly, but would more than likely be up on the Panthers squad as a third liner (has the potential to be a top 6 forward).
Lups had stretches of 4 games (2x), 5 games (3xs) and 6 and 7 games (once) without goals. Without points, 5 games twice and after that, nothing longer than three games. For comparison, Horton has been very similar including a stretch of 10 games without a goal and only registering four assists during that time. Also goal less droughts of 4 and 7 games. So before you claim people to be so inconsistent, maybe look at your own roster players and see how comparable they are. Lups is no more inconsistent than any of the players on your team, and would be third in points and goals, and thats playing second line minutes for the flyers. Dont try to lower someone who can obviously help you.
Don't even get me started on Horton, that fool is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hide (sp?). But yeah, I seriously just wanna trade Jay and get it over with. All this anticipation is not fun.

Old
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Yeah he's a UFA but he shouldnt cost too much to re-sign. Probably in the 2.5-3 million range, dont know how close to the cap you are.
Why do you guys wanna get rid of Oduya? You probably see him alot more than I do. But when I've seen him play he looks awesome.