HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Deadline Preview For All 30 Teams

Old
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Gulvorn

vCash: 500
Maybe a later round draft pick at best. Klesla is a top line defenseman. Connolly is inconsistently healthy which complicates matters. Connolly is also done after this season because Buffalo isn't going to resign him more than likely. The Jackets aren't going to give up a lot to get Connolly when they could do the same to get Antropov and have a better chance of him staying healthy. The Blue Jackets have said that the Connolly deal is the more likely trade to go through at the moment so I'm assuming the trade wouldn't be much more than what is already speculated as Klesla for Connolly and possibly a late round draft pick like a 4th rounder. Why would the Jackets give up so much for a guy that more than likely is just a rental? They wouldn't...and neither would anyone else.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:54 PM
warriorspikes51*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Seriously?

Ottawa is all over that...
Maybe the Sens toss in an average prospect for Portland.

warriorspikes51* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
warriorspikes51*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
Maybe a later round draft pick at best. Klesla is a top line defenseman. Connolly is inconsistently healthy which complicates matters. Connolly is also done after this season because Buffalo isn't going to resign him more than likely. The Jackets aren't going to give up a lot to get Connolly when they could do the same to get Antropov and have a better chance of him staying healthy. The Blue Jackets have said that the Connolly deal is the more likely trade to go through at the moment so I'm assuming the trade wouldn't be much more than what is already speculated as Klesla for Connolly and possibly a late round draft pick like a 4th rounder

Who exactly on the Blue Jackets has said this??? Where is the reliable source of this Connolly for Klesla business.

Old
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
DLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Well then predicting trades is some what pointless then dont ya think?
:

shakehead

So you have never predicted a trade! Thats the fun part of these threads. Why not let him put some ideas down. I don't want to see you putting trade predictions up if your telling someone else its pointless.

DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorspikes51 View Post
Who exactly on the Blue Jackets has said this??? Where is the reliable source of this Connolly for Klesla business.
According to reporters at the Columbus Dispatch the Connolly deal is the most likely deal to go through at the moment. And according to the Buffalo News the trade is likely to involve Connolly for Klesla, and any more details of the deal are obviously still be finalized if it's to happen. I would imagine the Jacket's wouldn't be willing to give up too much more, considering Klesla is a great D-man whose contract doesn't end until the end of next season, whereas Connolly might end up just being a rental because his contract would likely be too big for Columbus to resign. That's why I say at most they could add a 4th round draft pick because Columbus has two of them after Adam Foote resigned at Colorado

Last edited by Gulvorn: 02-27-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
warriorspikes51*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
According to reporters at the Columbus Dispatch the Connolly deal is the most likely deal to go through at the moment. And according to the Buffalo News the trade is likely to involve Connolly for Klesla, and any more details of the deal are obviously still be finalized if it's to happen. I would imagine the Jacket's wouldn't be willing to give up too much more, considering Klesla is a great D-man and would likely resign, whereas Connolly might end up just being a rental because his contract would likely be too big for Columbus to resign. That's why I say at most they could add a 4th round draft pick because Columbus has two of them after Adam Foote resigned at Colorado
Only way Connolly is moved is if he wants more than 3.5 mil per year. It was reported we offered his agent a contract extension last week. Based on his inability to stay healthy, I would guess that if he wanted more than 3.5 per year for 2 years.... that we wouldn't be too interested in keeping him.

Old
02-27-2009, 04:20 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't see Florida getting rid of Frolik and Ellerby. Frolik is a young offensive talent which is something we desperately need, and Ellerby is possibly our next stud defenseman. JM loves the D, and also if we lose Jay we'll need to raise the next great defenseman right and try to keep him around. (Not that I think Ellerby is or will be quite as good as Jay, but I still wouldn't give him up.)

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
GScott

I don't see Columbus trading Klesla for a rental. An injury prone one at that. If there is a deal on the table it is most likely a 2nd round pick and maybe a lower prospect. Klesla is more valuable to the CBJ than a rental and if he is traded it will most likely be this summer as part of a bigger deal.

GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Gulvorn

I just checked sports illustrated and there was an article about trades that make sense

"Buffalo sends Tim Connolly to Columbus for Rostislav Klesla and a third-rounder"

I think it would be more likely a 4th rounder, but this seems to be a well founded rumor that this trade will take place

Old
02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
peanutvendor

tampa hasnt had goaltending since khabibulin. now they find someone who is a legit #1 in the league, resign him and hype him as our goaltender of the future, to trade him away a year later? on top of that, he has a concussion and no timetable for return?

that would leave tampa with ramo (having a pitiful year) and a career ahler in mike mckenna?

some people only view tampa bay as this nhl community garden. your welcome to come pick the fruits as long as you leave some horse ****. surround our seeds with your manure for use to eventually bear more fruits with, thus continuing the cycle.

peanutvendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutvendor View Post
tampa hasnt had goaltending since khabibulin. now they find someone who is a legit #1 in the league, resign him and hype him as our goaltender of the future, to trade him away a year later? on top of that, he has a concussion and no timetable for return?

that would leave tampa with ramo (having a pitiful year) and a career ahler in mike mckenna?

some people only view tampa bay as this nhl community garden. your welcome to come pick the fruits as long as you leave some horse ****. surround our seeds with your manure for use to eventually bear more fruits with, thus continuing the cycle.
I know, i just thought i'd throw that out there bc i saw that rumour in the hockey news....mike smith for ville leino....absolutely rediculous

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
AngryBeavers
Suh Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
Longshot Moves: Detroit trades Jonathan Ericsson, Ville Leino and a first round pick to Tampa Bay for Jeff Halpern and Mike Smith.
No.. Just no

AngryBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Have you not listened to anything thats been said about the Panthers this year? The team has said they will look to trade him if they cant sign him before the deadline...depending if they get a good enough offer. This offer is said to have to include atleast one solid roster player coming back...so yeah.
Yes, it's known worldly, I'm not disagreeing with that. But that would make them sellers then. So which is it? They won't trade Bouwmeester if they are buyers. They would still be able to move him in the offseason before the free agency period and get a very good return...

*EDIT* Unless, of course, some teams makes an "impossible to pass up" offer at the deadline (but that seems kind of pointless to me). If I could bet on it, I'd say J-Bo is staying put until the offseason when they will get a similar return, if not bigger, because the team he goes to will already have a contract ready to sign.

Last edited by Hyped: 02-27-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added qualifier
Hyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
9000th post!

Ottawa Senators

Analysis: Team turning the ship in the right direction too late, preparing to get back in the elite next season.

Needs: #1 defenceman, young NHL-ready skilled players, draft picks

Attractive Assets (bold = very likely traded, italic = a good chance, none = longshot):
Filip Kuba, Chris Neil, Antoine Vermette, Chris Kelly, Mike Comrie*, Alexandre Picard

Possible Outcome: Nothing too drastic. Kuba for a 1st, Neil for a 2nd. *Comrie will be traded for a draft pick if a deal cannot be reached with the Senators; this is unlikely though. Vermette and Picard are not likely to be traded as well.

Longshot Moves: Ottawa trades Jason Spezza for top six forward, top four defenceman, high to middle 1st.
Agreed on almost everything, however I have my doubts Kuba will waive his NTC and that Comrie will be traded as Murray seems to be in love with him and thinks he can be re-signed. I also think your long shot may not be so much of a long shot at all, it's very possible that Murray panics and makes a deal like this minutes before midnight on Wednesday. Hold on to your hats come Wednesday sens fans.

I also think Smith can perhaps be traded as he is known for his beastly-ness in the playoff's on top of Murray wanting to dump one of our D men because we have too many...

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
The assessment for Flames was rather poor as well. The last thing they would need is another defensemen like McKee when they all ready have Regher, Sarich, Vandermeer and Pardy who all play in a similar style. Klee is terrible and Clark has a pretty large cap hit for a fairly mediocre player. The Flames only real need is for a mobile top-four defensemen.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The assessment for Flames was rather poor as well. The last thing they would need is another defensemen like McKee when they all ready have Regher, Sarich, Vandermeer and Pardy who all play in a similar style. Klee is terrible and Clark has a pretty large cap hit for a fairly mediocre player. The Flames only real need is for a mobile top-four defensemen.
That rumour was straight from the mouth of Al Strachan himself...so take it with a grain of salt i guess.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:56 PM
hawkeyexp

Wheres my kings update??!?!?!?

hawkeyexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I don't agree with everything, but they make great reads.

Definetly going to read all the updates though

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
bleuetbio

pretty good idea, I suggest you to work your post with the comments of the fans and after, your post can be a good reference on march 4th.

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
Agreed on almost everything, however I have my doubts Kuba will waive his NTC and that Comrie will be traded as Murray seems to be in love with him and thinks he can be re-signed. I also think your long shot may not be so much of a long shot at all, it's very possible that Murray panics and makes a deal like this minutes before midnight on Wednesday. Hold on to your hats come Wednesday sens fans.

I also think Smith can perhaps be traded as he is known for his beastly-ness in the playoff's on top of Murray wanting to dump one of our D men because we have too many...
Oh right, I completely forgot about Smith.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

when are u making the other teams????

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:10 PM
brevard*

Kind of f-ing kills any credibility when pretty much evryone but Leaf fans know Bolland>Antropov.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
As for Lehtonen, this guy has been rumoured to be on the move for several years now, and nothing seems to ever get done. Many teams are after a backup and this kid has shown he can get it done at the AHL level, and still has the potential to be a solid starting goalie.
Lehtonen is already a solid starting goalie I don't think a team is going to acquire him to be a backup. With a bit more consistency (and an improving thrashers defense) and less injury woes (touch wood) he'll become a top 10 goalie (I rank him top 15 at the moment) with the potential to become an all-star.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
:

shakehead

So you have never predicted a trade! Thats the fun part of these threads. Why not let him put some ideas down. I don't want to see you putting trade predictions up if your telling someone else its pointless.
don't think z40 was saying making predictions is pointless. IMO if you're going to make predictions, you've got to think about the salary cap. As z40 pointed out, there's no way a team that's already just about capped out can make a trade using 2 non-roster players. In Detroit's example, why would we add Smith without getting rid of ozzie or conklin? It doesn't make sense, one or the other would have to go the other way. I applaud the OP for everything up to the longshot deals.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:46 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Dallas is not moving Neal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they will! . . Surrender Neal to the Pens immediatly! wahaha!

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote