HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim/Washington

Old
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
bral
Go Kings!

vCash: 500
Anaheim/Washington

To Caps: Chris Pronger

To Ana: Alzner

Just heard someone mention it on NHL net. wondering how the fans would react to this.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Doesn't work from a cap perspective, and Alzner probably isn't going to be traded, like, ever. I don't know, maybe it could be made to work, but I don't see it happening.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Agreed from regarding the salary implications .... that said .... if GMGM is really that sold on Carlson he may do something like this, but straight up again isn't an option.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Kingjordan

I think it would take more than that to get Pronger

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Doesn't work from a cap perspective, and Alzner probably isn't going to be traded, like, ever. I don't know, maybe it could be made to work, but I don't see it happening.

Forgot about the Washington's cap, still would be a hell of a trade if made to work. Pronger would make the Caps a force. The Kings will soon be in this position hopefully. As tempting as it would be though I wouldn't trade Alzner for a run personally.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
txpd

That was Billy Jafee. He admitted that he really doesnt know what he is talking about.
He was grasping for the name of a good Caps prospect.

The idea of the Caps trading a top prospect and a 1st for Pronger seems doable. I dont worry about the salary cap as if a trade like this were to come up, it would be with the salary cap space already cleared one way or the other.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
I think it would take more than that to get Pronger
Man is Pronger overrated nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not the player he once was.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Ace88*

Foolish for both sides. Severely cripples Washington's cap situation, and Anaheim could get way more.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Kingjordan

I agree he is overrated now..but I still think the Ducks would ask for more

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:25 PM
muskiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
Man is Pronger overrated nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not the player he once was.
I agree that the pronger plans are usually a little more costly than they should be but you have to admit that teams overpay generally at the deadline and Alzner+ a 2nd rd pick or a major prospect +a roster player and a pick is what it will cost for ANA to trade him

muskiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
caliamad

From what I heard on the board, Alzner for some reason is valued extremely highly by fans and more importantly by the GM. It sounds like the team philosophy is to trade away good young talent and build slowly.

It may seem illogical, but thats been re-inforced in posts for over a month.

Having said that, I think Anaheim will shop both defenseman and hope for an arms race out of New Jersey, Boston and Washington and hopefully one GM makes a mistake and badly overpays.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
EroCaps

Fehr or Fleischmann, Godfrey or Lepisto, 1st round pick.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
The Caps can afford someone who makes up to 7M.

Next year it may be a problem.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Paul4587

If Ducks were to trade Pronger to Washington they would be looking for something like Fehr, Alzner and a 1st for Pronger + a mid level prospect.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 View Post
The Caps can afford someone who makes up to 7M.
They can't add any more than about $2.4 million right now. Anything above that, they have to ship salary back.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Caps fans dont like when you make a trade involving their prospects. be prepared to be flamed.. lol

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:51 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
They can't add any more than about $2.4 million right now. Anything above that, they have to ship salary back.
My understanding is that the Caps are only liable for the salary due for this season and only need that much Cap space. Pronger's cap hit for the final portion of the season is $1.25m

Old
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
Caps fans dont like when you make a trade involving their prospects. be prepared to be flamed.. lol
They just don't like Carlson and 2nd for Antropov. Come up with some sane proposals.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
From what I heard on the board, Alzner for some reason is valued extremely highly by fans and more importantly by the GM. It sounds like the team philosophy is to trade away good young talent and build slowly.
I think you misread some things. The Caps are loaded with prospects from high round picks that are generally projected as NHL players. They have three goalie prospects signed, two are a combined 4-0 in the NHL this season. They have Alzner(top 5 pick), Carlson(mid first round-nearly made the team in camp), Finley(1st rounder finishing college), Lepisto, Godfrey(100mph shot) and that is just the first tier guys. They have Fehr, Bourque and Osala all projected as NHL top 6 forwards.

I think that its understandable that McPhee would take his top 5 pick(Alzner) and his first round pick goalie(Varlamov) off the table. Shopping thru what is left is still a supermarket.

We are also hearing that McPhee may be willing to part with Fleischmann, on a 20 goal pace for another year at $750k.

Fleischmann or Fehr and one of the defense prospects and the 1st round pick is a nice take.

Old
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Having said that, I think Anaheim will shop both defenseman and hope for an arms race out of New Jersey, Boston and Washington and hopefully one GM makes a mistake and badly overpays.
If Chris Pronger puts your team over the top in the East, it is a "mistake" only in the dubious minds of some hockeyfuturists.

No doubt, no acquisition guarantees anything. But some team has to win the Cup this season. And any one of several GMs in the east potentially has the opportunity to make a move to enhance his chances significantly.

To read the absolutism that many fans - and this is not limited to any one fanbase - state that their team should not, under any circumstances, trade a shiny prospect(s) for an impact dman who remains among the league's best TODAY (and under contract beyond this season, no less), one can only hope that these fans get what they wish for come April:

An early exit and the hope for success in some abstract fuuuuuuuuture seasons.

I believe that the Caps, Bs, Flyers and even NJD, to a bit lesser extent, have the assets to acquire Pronger without materially affecting their current successful NHL rosters. If it so happens, congrats to the fanbase who gets him. For, if you are truly a contender, the idea is to hoist the Cup...now. Not just plan to win it sometime around 2012.

Last edited by Trottier: 02-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
capsrule26

I feel Pronger is worth a first, a top level prospect and a roaster player if it one of our defence say Jurcina, Morrisonn or Lepisto, We can hopefully deal with cap problems before the draft buy trading him again if he doesn't work out or utilize some of our younge forwards and no need to resign Kozlov Feds or Brashear. Just my opion.

capsrule26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
txpd

I agree. This is hf where the prospect is king. I can see the Caps taking Alzner off the table, but neither Alzner nor Carlson are going to be a Chris Pronger when they grow up and with Green, Schultz and Alzner inked for the defense next season, the Caps only have so many spots on the roster for that litany of defense prospects they have in their system. they can not come close to using them all.

Old
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsrule26 View Post
I feel Pronger is worth a first, a top level prospect and a roaster player if it one of our defence say Jurcina, Morrisonn or Lepisto, We can hopefully deal with cap problems before the draft buy trading him again if he doesn't work out or utilize some of our younge forwards and no need to resign Kozlov Feds or Brashear. Just my opion.
You are out of your mind if you think the Capitals are going to let those three veterans walk.

Old
02-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Carlson and a first was proposed for pronger earlier and i believe yourself and many other cap fans are aditment that it was a bad deal. Seems to me a sane proposal, in fact the caps need to add more to that package.

In the opinons of Caps fans these players are their futur
Carlson( Bobby Orr)
Semen Varlamov ( Patrick Roy)
Oskar Osala ( Wayne Gretzky)

Note to anyone making proposals Caps Prospects should be in the hall of fame already and no player in the NHL is worth any of them just in order to help them win the cup this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
They just don't like Carlson and 2nd for Antropov. Come up with some sane proposals.

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:17 PM
frasnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
Carlson and a first was proposed for pronger earlier and i believe yourself and many other cap fans are aditment that it was a bad deal. Seems to me a sane proposal, in fact the caps need to add more to that package.

In the opinons of Caps fans these players are their futur
Carlson( Bobby Orr)
Semen Varlamov ( Patrick Roy)
Oskar Osala ( Wayne Gretzky)

Note to anyone making proposals Caps Prospects should be in the hall of fame already and no player in the NHL is worth any of them just in order to help them win the cup this year
They (we) aren't adamant that it's a bad deal. There are just widely varying opinions of how much "go for broke"-ing the Caps should be doing this year.

Value wise, I think that's pretty close. Do I do that deal? I dunno.

frasnap is offline   Reply With Quote