HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thank You Steve Begin Topic

Old
02-27-2009, 07:58 AM
KovalevDeke

vCash: 500
**** You Steve

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:14 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thanks for getting traded.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Typical of some knowledge-challenged Hab fans crapping on him for one penality and overlooking all the postive he did.
I don't always agree with you but I totally do on this own. Like the suppose awful Souray who was so bad defensively 'cause of Spezza and like Streit who wasn't good enough to be on D, or 'cause Ryder was finished and never did anything great before and so on....

Bégin was more great than bad with us. Grit, heart, determination and the love for what the Habs represent is what Bégin was. How the hell can anybody hate that? Oh yes, 'cause he took a high stick penalty that wasn't even unintentionnal....

I hate this defensive mode people are using in order to explain every move Gainey makes.....Good, if people feels it's a great move, fine, no reason to attack the player who gave his all for this team more than a whole lot of players that are still with this team are giving.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Joe Cole

Steve Begin, always understood that he never had the talent to make the Habs lineup, but he made up for it with reckless abandon on the forecheck and responsible hard work on the defensive end.

The best part about Steve was that he never slowed down before he laid a bodycheck, never laid up.

Truth be told, he is a smallish guy and his body is broken down from the abuse. Without a long healing period, I cannot see him lasting to much longer at this level.

I am certain he is grateful for the years that he earned an NHL paycheck.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
**** You Steve

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:09 AM
hockeychick018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I liked Begin a lot and I always respected his heart and determination. I remember watching him play for the Flames here in Saint John during their Calder run and he was a warrior. I think injuries and age have caught up to him and it was time for a change in Montreal, but I wish him the best of luck in Dallas.
Hey a fellow Saint Johner...
Unfortunately I had already moved away by the time the Flames went on that Calder run but I tried to follow them the best I could and I do remember Steve Bégin... Ahh those were the days (sorry just reminiscing)

Anyway thanks for all your hard work Steve and all the best with the Stars and wherever else you might go in the future.

hockeychick018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
The best part about Steve was that he never slowed down before he laid a bodycheck, never laid up.
Some people call it charging...

Yeah he played hard but after playing 4-5 games in a row, he would always slow down because he had no more to give. He cannot play his style 82 games a season. Moreover in crucial games, he'd be all over the place on the ice, you couldn't count on him. He was reckless. He'd try to do too much and ended up costing the team. Lapierre as well used to play like a headless chicken and he got sent down. Now he changed his style and earned a permanent spot on the team. Younger guys like him and Stewart have replaced him and a lot of french-canadian fans feel slighted?!?! SMH

There's a reason why he wasn't being counted on the PK anymore... Hell Carbo even preferred Dandenault to Bégin. Players who don't cover their gaps get benched in football, and the same happened to Bégin.

Oh and shooting weak wrist shots at the goalie everytime you gain the zone is not hockey that's just ridiculous.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Captain Saku

Begin crying on RDS

Begin avait le CH tatoué sur le coeur

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
Begin crying on RDS

maybe steve thought the result would be different .

too bad i really hate to see him go , but the personal/bizzness side of hockey becomes real once again .

we they showed him and Muller arguing on RDS all by themselves you knew it was near the end .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Begin crying on RDS

Lucky he didn't read some stupid HFBoards.com comments....

Bégin is a class act and did everything he could to help this team. Good luck Steve. You'll see that the fun will come back really quickly.

Old
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Bégin is a class act and did everything he could to help this team. Good luck Steve. You'll see that the fun will come back really quickly.
we play Dallas in March , i bet Begin has like 15 hits that game

Old
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
we play Dallas in March , i bet Begin has like 15 hits that game
14 on Kovalev!

Old
02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Agreed +1000. Every time I think HF can't get worse it does. What the ****, lots of really stupid or total clueless people around here sometimes.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Tough loss...emotionnally.

Great character, a true Hab. Unfortunately, his bowling ball style has taken it's toll. Wish him the best.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Agreed +1000. Every time I think HF can't get worse it does. What the ****, lots of really stupid or total clueless people around here sometimes.
actually they don't bother me a bit... I know they're just stupid... they think it's cool to say the opposite of whatever the french media say...

Truth is Begin was a class act here, and whoever didn't like him or at least respect his willingness to win every game and give his 100% every single game does not deserves any kind of respect!

As I said earlier in this thread, I swear that I'm gonna break anyone's legs who's gonna try to boo him when we play against him!

I have the same feeling towards Bouillon, even if he's not the perfect defenseman but I can't bash him since we all know he gives his heart to the team!

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
actually they don't bother me a bit... I know they're just stupid... they think it's cool to say the opposite of whatever the french media say...

Truth is Begin was a class act here, and whoever didn't like him or at least respect his willingness to win every game and give his 100% every single game does not deserves any kind of respect!

As I said earlier in this thread, I swear that I'm gonna break anyone's legs who's gonna try to boo him when we play against him!

I have the same feeling towards Bouillon, even if he's not the perfect defenseman but I can't bash him since we all know he gives his heart to the team!
Begin wont get boo'ed.(unless he signs with Boston in the offseason or Toronto)

other than that he will get Souray ,Streit treatment when he does return to Montreal as he was very popular with the fan base

Old
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
KovalevDeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
truth hurts

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
truth hurts
Yes it can but I don't see what it has to do with this thread.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Fredi28

B's fan here...not trolling, Just want to say from a Bruins fans perspective, many of us are sort of relieved to see Begin depart Montreal simply because he was a Bruin killer. the guy have 110% every single time we saw him and he really did a heck of a job causing havoc on the ice. Definitely not sad to see him leave. That said, this move was a long time coming, and made sense on both sides as Gainey is starting to infuse more of your youth into the lineup which I think is the smart way to go.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Alfie Turcotte

Merci Steve, Good luck !

Alfie Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Toro

yes, thx Begin. You did everything asked of you and more.

He will be missed and respected as a hab for all time.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:19 PM
suprez

Good Luck Steve! You was one of my favorite Habs player .These day everyone cheer only player with Lot of talent but not me.

You're a hardworker .A true Warrior.One of my favorite player.Yu love hockey . Even if you're not the guy with the most talent you're truly dedicated unlike some other ******* .That care only for the paycheck or play with UZi between match.

I'm pretty sure it's hard for you right now.You're a true quebecer and Montreal it's your home.You will Be always welcome here even if you score against us.

Bégin
Bonne chance mon pote.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Maximus Taylor

in the end, I understand why he had to go, and I am happy for him.

but you have got to be sad that a guy who actually cries at leaving the Canadiens is leaving the team. be honest, can you say that a lot of players would be emotional when traded? that's caring about a team and its fans and I honestly wish more were like him.

Good luck Steve.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I don't remember who we were playing but about a month ago Begin gets on the ice and hammers about 4 guys one after the other, the Habs fans start cheering "Begin, Begin, Begin" there aren't alot of fan bases that would cheer a 4th line plug like that but it was well deserved, the guy never took a shift off IMHO. We can only hope that Metropolit is half the waiver aquisition that steve Begin was, I wish him nothing but good luck on Dallas.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Doc McKenna

Need to chime in for one of only 2 guys with any heart when we played Carolina in the playoffs that one year. Merci Steve. One of my favorite habs all time! It's like when Corson left.
Best of luck you will get an ovation when you come back in march!

Doc McKenna is online now   Reply With Quote