HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks @ Habs 7:00pm CBC-RDS(HD)-CJAD

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
  #101
StlRams514
Registered User
 
StlRams514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
I wouldn't have given the Habs a chance, but with the Sharks using Boucher I think we just might have a shot at it.

Edit: Just read a bunch of this thread. Most Sharks fan are 12 year olds obsessed with NHL 09 who like em because they're the best team in the game. I bet half of their 'fans' aren't even from California, but more likely Western Canada...

StlRams514 is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
  #102
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
We insult the teams. Not the fans or the city. Calling out French Canada and anything French related and mocking it is not funny, it's 12 year old like.
Exactly. I'm getting ****ing tired of this. Every single game, there's some anti-french/canadian comments made in the other team's GDT instead of saying "Damn I hate the Habs" it's always "****ing french people" or something like that. I know it's not all the posters but there are still a lot.

People say we are too defensive and that it's just a joke when they do GDTs like this, or that only a few posters say things like that (and they don't get banned or warned, of course), but if they saw anti-american GDTs every other game instead of an actual game GDT they would realize that it's not a joke anymore, and that there are a lot of bigots on this board.

I come here to talk about hockey, not to see some ignorant ****** hate on a culture.

mlandry is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
  #103
Winky
Registered User
 
Winky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I'm a little surprised by the tone on the Shark boards. With a team as good as that, you sort of expect the fan base to be if anything a bit humble and generous. Cocky, sure, but half their guys come off as insecure. Which is a surprise since they've been waiting in Montreal while we played in Philly last night. Gotta figure the Sharks a pretty solid favorite.
Let me start by saying, I'm NO troll.

I think the bold area is where you're wrong. We are completely and totally insecure! We can't get past that dag-gum second round! I agree, and I've said it before though, our fans need to be more humble ... particularly because if indeed we get bounced early again, we will look like complete morons.

But hey, at least we all can agree on the fact that right now, neither of our fans want the Bruins to win another game! And, if we do indeed have to forfeit any points, I have no problem losing them to you guys (being in the East and whatnot).

Here's to hoping tonight is a safe game and entertaining game. Good luck the rest of the year.

Winky is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:36 PM
  #104
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
I wouldn't have given the Habs a chance, but with the Sharks using Boucher I think we just might have a shot at it.
why are you underestimating our team? We always play better against better teams

Captain Saku is online now  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:38 PM
  #105
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Let's not worry so much about what another team's board has up in their GDT. Let's concentrate on our Habs, and the big upset victory we're going to experience later on this evening.
Always so positive H10H..... Its like one of those NBC "The more you know" segments they used to have.




FrankMTL is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
  #106
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,605
vCash: 500
Boucher has one of the best gaa and win % in the league. He has played a ton, but he really has only had 1 poor game out of 14 played.

I certainly have no trepidation about playing Boucher.

And as for the GDT, you guys need a bit thicker skin. If you guys posted a Cali bashing thread we certainly, I guarantee, would take it as good fun.

I personally have nothing against your fan base or your team, I just saw it as good natured ribbing.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
  #107
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Seriously, fans of other teams will have to explain to us what's so funny about speaking French. ''OMG, french faggets!!11!'' How is speaking another language an insult?

It's like the endless whining about ''Canadiens''. ''dey can't spell lol'' How about ''Les Canadiens de Montréal'' ? French province = French name, like Les Nordiques de Québec.

As for the game tonight, our boys will come out hard and could surprise.

Souvenirs is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
  #108
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Boucher has one of the best gaa and win % in the league. He has played a ton, but he really has only had 1 poor game out of 14 played.

I certainly have no trepidation about playing Boucher.

And as for the GDT, you guys need a bit thicker skin. If you guys posted a Cali bashing thread we certainly, I guarantee, would take it as good fun.

I personally have nothing against your fan base or your team, I just saw it as good natured ribbing.
Let me quote myself here :


"People say we are too defensive and that it's just a joke when they do GDTs like this, or that only a few posters say things like that (and they don't get banned or warned, of course), but if they saw anti-american GDTs every other game instead of an actual game GDT they would realize that it's not a joke anymore, and that there are a lot of bigots on this board."

For you guys, this is a 1 time thing. For us, this happens often.

mlandry is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM
  #109
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
"People say we are too defensive and that it's just a joke when they do GDTs like this, or that only a few posters say things like that (and they don't get banned or warned, of course), but if they saw anti-american GDTs every other game instead of an actual game GDT they would realize that it's not a joke anymore, and that there are a lot of bigots on this board."

For you guys, this is a 1 time thing. For us, this happens often.
Well, speaking for myself, if you guys really were offended by it then it really isn't very funny. I think it was more about one-ups-manship between GDT creators than anything really specific to the Habs.

Anyway, good luck to you guys, Shark's are still somewhat in a slump so I wouldn't count you guys out in the slightest.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM
  #110
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,395
vCash: 500
I want to make this clear since I'm not sure I did in my earlier posts:

I am Canadian. I am part French/French Canadian. None of that offends me. It's a joke. It might be a stupid joke. It might be borderline inappropriate. But the Sharks board is mostly good people and I sincerely doubt that Nighthock (the GDT creator) meant to offend you. And honestly, the indignation and retaliatory comments in your GDT are not helping dispel the image that that you claim is being unfairly put upon you in those jokes. The Lucic Hunchback joke was every bit as inappropriate. Can you imagine what you would've thought if the GDT had a joke about Koivu's cancer?

also consider this: The fact that teams and fanbases pick on the whole French Canada thing is more than likely not racism or bigotry. It's just an easy target because it's an immediately identifiable part of your fanbase. How much "people from California don't know jack about hockey" crap do you think we've had to deal with. Hell, I've seen people tell the Sharks fans that they don't "deserve" their team because they're a Southern US market. When's the last time anyone questioned your right to enjoy teh sport?

stlrams: I'm from western Canada, but please don't insinuate that I'm any less of a fan of my team than you are of yours. Just because my team isn't from my hometown it doesn't diminish my fandom.

Look. I think that if we're all willing to drop this whole mess we might be able to collectively enjoy the game. Besides, there's no rule that says Habs and Sharks fans can't get along in spite of what's happened. I'd like to consider H10H one of my friends on this site, and if we can get along seeing the worst of the worst from each of our repsective fanbases on a daily basis, there's no reason that the rest of us can't do the same.

So once again, here's to a good game.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:51 PM
  #111
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I want to make this clear since I'm not sure I did in my earlier posts:

I am Canadian. I am part French/French Canadian. None of that offends me. It's a joke. It might be a stupid joke. It might be borderline inappropriate. But the Sharks board is mostly good people and I sincerely doubt that Nighthock (the GDT creator) meant to offend you. And honestly, the indignation and retaliatory comments in your GDT are not helping dispel the image that that you claim is being unfairly put upon you in those jokes. The Lucic Hunchback joke was every bit as inappropriate. Can you imagine what you would've thought if the GDT had a joke about Koivu's cancer?

stlrams: I'm from western Canada, but please don't insinuate that I'm any less of a fan of my team than you are of yours. Just because my team isn't from my hometown it doesn't diminish my fandom.

Look. I think that if we're all willing to drop this whole mess we might be able to collectively enjoy the game. Besides, there's no rule that says Habs and Sharks fans can't get along in spite of what's happened. I'd like to consider H10H one of my friends on this site, and if we can get along seeing the worst of the worst from each of our repsective fanbases on a daily basis, there's no reason that the rest of us can't do the same.

So once again, here's to a good game.

Go to your board!!!!!!




















lol 'Im kidding don't ban me (and if u do ..do it after the game pleae)

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
  #112
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why so much focus is being put on a rather amateurish GDT on another site. It's not really offensive. It's not particularly clever either. The comments afterward are worse.

Anyway, enough distraction. Back to the game at hand

One thing I have noticed is that the fans at the games have really been behind the club. Usually when stuff goes south it can get ugly. I really think the players have responded well to the show of support

If the defense can collectively get their stuff together I am thinking we will see a very entertaining game. I'm hoping we can solve nabokov. He has been very steady for them

How was Metropolit last night? I was at a Jr game and didn't remember to record the game

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
  #113
Ado*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Québec
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Easy win for the habs tonight

Ado* is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:54 PM
  #114
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I'm not sure why so much focus is being put on a rather amateurish GDT on another site. It's not really offensive. It's not particularly clever either. The comments afterward are worse.

Anyway, enough distraction. Back to the game at hand

One thing I have noticed is that the fans at the games have really been behind the club. Usually when stuff goes south it can get ugly. I really think the players have responded well to the show of support

If the defense can collectively get their stuff together I am thinking we will see a very entertaining game. I'm hoping we can solve nabokov. He has been very steady for them

How was Metropolit last night? I was at a Jr game and didn't remember to record the game
He had a terrible start, partly due to Carbo being a terrible coach. The 4th line started the game, and stayed on the ice for like 5 minutes. In that span, they Flyers scored pretty much immediatly (Metro didn't look good) and Metro also got a penalty.

After that though, I think he calmed down and played a good game.

mlandry is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM
  #115
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
He had a terrible start, partly due to Carbo being a terrible coach. The 4th line started the game, and stayed on the ice for like 5 minutes. In that span, they Flyers scored pretty much immediatly (Metro didn't look good) and Metro also got a penalty.

After that though, I think he calmed down and played a good game.
Exagerrate much?


Give me a break.

 
Old
02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
  #116
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Always so positive H10H..... Its like one of those NBC "The more you know" segments they used to have.



lol..only when I take my meds Frank.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
  #117
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
He had a terrible start, partly due to Carbo being a terrible coach. The 4th line started the game, and stayed on the ice for like 5 minutes. In that span, they Flyers scored pretty much immediatly (Metro didn't look good) and Metro also got a penalty.

After that though, I think he calmed down and played a good game.
what an insightful post... I'm totally blown out of my mind...

your arguments are like the sweet hydromel of the god, the ambrose, the sacred quest

Iwishihadacup is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
  #118
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol..only when I take my meds Frank.
and by "meds" you mean booze, right? I've seen you when a new mod joins the ranks.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
  #119
Domenic
Registered User
 
Domenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
He had a terrible start, partly due to Carbo being a terrible coach. The 4th line started the game, and stayed on the ice for like 5 minutes. In that span, they Flyers scored pretty much immediatly (Metro didn't look good) and Metro also got a penalty.

After that though, I think he calmed down and played a good game.
Huh? They changed after the 1st goal.

Domenic is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
  #120
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Exagerrate much?


Give me a break.
Go re-watch the game, they stayed on the ice for way too long at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Huh? They changed after the 1st goal.
Yes, and that's why Metro also got a penalty... because he wasn't on the ice.

Anyways, let's not debate this; all I wanted to say was he had a bad start.

mlandry is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
  #121
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
He had a terrible start, partly due to Carbo being a terrible coach. The 4th line started the game, and stayed on the ice for like 5 minutes. In that span, they Flyers scored pretty much immediatly (Metro didn't look good) and Metro also got a penalty.

After that though, I think he calmed down and played a good game.
yeah that was pretty dumb . What kind of message your are sending by doing this; We're playing at home and we are going to defend only..

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
  #122
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol
 
Ninja Hertl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Yay
Country: United States
Posts: 5,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
I wouldn't have given the Habs a chance, but with the Sharks using Boucher I think we just might have a shot at it.

Edit: Just read a bunch of this thread. Most Sharks fan are 12 year olds obsessed with NHL 09 who like em because they're the best team in the game. I bet half of their 'fans' aren't even from California, but more likely Western Canada...
Is this a joke?
The Sharks regional TV ratings are on par with the local NBA team, which is extremely rare for any American NHL franchise - only Buffalo and a few others can say the same.

Also, u mad?

Ninja Hertl is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
  #123
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I want to make this clear since I'm not sure I did in my earlier posts:

I am Canadian. I am part French/French Canadian. None of that offends me. It's a joke. It might be a stupid joke. It might be borderline inappropriate. But the Sharks board is mostly good people and I sincerely doubt that Nighthock (the GDT creator) meant to offend you. And honestly, the indignation and retaliatory comments in your GDT are not helping dispel the image that that you claim is being unfairly put upon you in those jokes. The Lucic Hunchback joke was every bit as inappropriate. Can you imagine what you would've thought if the GDT had a joke about Koivu's cancer?

also consider this: The fact that teams and fanbases pick on the whole French Canada thing is more than likely not racism or bigotry. It's just an easy target because it's an immediately identifiable part of your fanbase. How much "people from California don't know jack about hockey" crap do you think we've had to deal with. Hell, I've seen people tell the Sharks fans that they don't "deserve" their team because they're a Southern US market. When's the last time anyone questioned your right to enjoy teh sport?

stlrams: I'm from western Canada, but please don't insinuate that I'm any less of a fan of my team than you are of yours. Just because my team isn't from my hometown it doesn't diminish my fandom.

Look. I think that if we're all willing to drop this whole mess we might be able to collectively enjoy the game. Besides, there's no rule that says Habs and Sharks fans can't get along in spite of what's happened. I'd like to consider H10H one of my friends on this site, and if we can get along seeing the worst of the worst from each of our repsective fanbases on a daily basis, there's no reason that the rest of us can't do the same.

So once again, here's to a good game.
Couldn't have said it better myself Nem.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
  #124
Domenic
Registered User
 
Domenic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Yes, and that's why Metro also got a penalty... because he wasn't on the ice.
So you're saying Carbo gave them a 5 min. shift to start the game. 5 of his 11 total minutes were on his 1st shift?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20082009/PL020918.HTM

Domenic is offline  
Old
02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
  #125
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post

Also, u mad?

U lost?

Rscorpio is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.