HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical Thread for HF Bruins Board Pickup Game V- Stoneham Arena, March 28th 7pm-9pm

Old
02-28-2009, 08:23 AM
scotiahockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Offical Thread for HF Bruins Board Pickup Game V- Stoneham Arena, March 28th 7pm-9pm

The time has been booked and guaranteed by Me.

The cost is $20.00 per skater as long as we get at least 20 paying skaters ($400.00 total) If we get more than 20 skaters, then we pay more. I know the rink manager and if we paid regular rates we would be looking at $500+, so i am going to bring him a little bottle of 'skey as thanks.

Here is the list we have so far:

1. Scotia Hockey
2. LFD
3. Sarge
4. AK37
5. DFENS44
6. MDL
7. Hckyguy14
8. Bruin Ron (tentative . . . let's hope so)
9. Zylos
10. Empty Netter
11. Fredi 28
12. Kcmdux88
13. BubbaBoot
14. LPBruins
15. erfus
16. djmatty
17. ReggieMoto
18. Spoked-B
19. Bruwinz37
20. Bruins Den
21. TheShoe82
22. Greech
23. Robi
24. Beesfan
25. RussianBlades88
26. patsfan87
27. Deal Law
28. Michael Oxbig
29. CS10029
30. Jesarino

Wait List

Goalies:
1. Purple Shamrock
2. Griff57
3. ACHISLING

Would like to get more names on the list, up to 30, and in all honesty it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a 3rd goalie, and a few reserves.

I would also like very much if everyone did the tape on your helmet thing with both your HF Boards name and your real life first name too. I can bring tape if we need it.

Please sticky this thread if at all possible if you want to add your name to the list, post below. Maybe keep all discussion in the other thread we have going about this.

Driving Instructions to Stoneham Arena:
101 Montvale Ave.
Stoneham, MA 02180
781-279-2629

Stoneham is located near the intersection of I-95/Rt-128 and I-93 in eastern Massachusetts, approx. 10 miles north of Boston.

From I-95/Rt-128 (Waltham/Mass Pike): I-95/Rt-128 North to I-93 South towards Boston (Exit 37). Take Exit 36 off I-93 (Montvale Ave.-Stoneham/Woburn). Turn left at the end of ramp on Montvale Ave. Go to the 2nd traffic light and turn left. Parking lot is on the right.

From I-95/Rt-128 (Maine/NH): Take I-95/Rt-128 South to I-93 South toward Boston (Exit 37). Take Exit 36 off I-93 (Montvale Ave.-Stoneham/Woburn). Turn left at the end of ramp on Montvale Ave. Go to the 2nd traffic light and turn left. Parking lot is on the right.

From Boston: Take I-93 North. Take Exit 36 (Montvale Ave.-Stoneham/Woburn). Turn right and then take 1st left. Parking lot is on the right.

From I-93 South: Take Exit 36 off I-93 (Montvale Ave.-Stoneham/Woburn). Turn left at the end of ramp on Montvale Ave. Go to the 2nd traffic light and turn left. Parking lot is on the right.

From Vermont: Take I-91 South. Take Rt-2 East. Take I-495 North to I-93 South. Take Exit 36 off I-93 (Montvale Ave.-Stoneham/Woburn). Turn left at the end of ramp on Montvale Ave. Go to the 2nd traffic light and turn left. Parking lot is on the right.

Last edited by scotiahockey: 03-02-2009 at 07:48 AM.
scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:50 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
stickied until game is over with.

flannelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
two hours, I love it.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
chippa13*

add two

Scotia

Add Greech and Robi to the list

thanks
Z45

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:15 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
If goalies become an issue, I probably have one out of 3 or 4 I could get to play.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Jesarino
Verified!

Send a message via ICQ to Jesarino Send a message via MSN to Jesarino Send a message via Yahoo to Jesarino
I'm in. Not happy about Stoneham, but i'm still in nonetheless. Carpooling people!

Jesarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Beesfan

Count me in. I haven't played for about 4 years. This will be interesting. But fun.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesarino View Post
I'm in. Not happy about Stoneham, but i'm still in nonetheless. Carpooling people!
I will pick you up if you want Jessie.....perhaps same deal with AK like a few times ago.

Although there is a chance I might stay up overnight up there so that would make things more difficult.

We will see as it gets closer.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:26 PM
djmatty
Single for DET/BOS

Are we going to need black and white jerseys, to determine the teams?

Also, we should probably decide on a few things to help the game, like no-touch icing so we don't get too tired.

djmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
Are we going to need black and white jerseys, to determine the teams?

Also, we should probably decide on a few things to help the game, like no-touch icing so we don't get too tired.

Icing?

We call offsides, but thats about it. Yes, bring a dark and white jersey.

I do agree that teams should be thought of beforehand as their are 4-6 guys who are on one level and then the rest of us.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
djmatty
Single for DET/BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Icing?

We call offsides, but thats about it. Yes, bring a dark and white jersey.

I do agree that teams should be thought of beforehand as their are 4-6 guys who are on one level and then the rest of us.
That's just in response to posts I read in the other thread about how people are usually winded by the end.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:47 PM
PurpleShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
Would like to get more names on the list, up to 30, and in all honesty it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a 3rd goalie, and a few reserves.
For what it's worth I'm perfectly amenable top the idea of being part of a 3-goalie rotation again, just as I was the last time. In fact, it was kind of cool to sit on both benches for a while and talk to people, something I hadn't had the chance to do previously because I had been out on the ice from start to finish.

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
That's just in response to posts I read in the other thread about how people are usually winded by the end.
Half of us are fat old men....or at least older compared to some. We are winded after the first shift.

Old
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
djmatty
Single for DET/BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Half of us are fat old men....or at least older compared to some. We are winded after the first shift.
I'm am sooooooooooooo looking forward to this.

Old
02-28-2009, 10:53 PM
sarge88

Glenn said in the other thread that he'll bring 2 sets of uniforms a dark and a white.

Can't hurt to bring your own though.

Also, once we get to 30 names, we should name 2 captains - probably Scotia and Zylos who could then draft teams, maybe by pm, taking turns picking players for their team, if they were willing to do this.

None of us needs to know who got picked where but maybe we could all post the highest level of hockey we played and where and then Scotia and Zylos could use that info to draft.

I think that may be the fairest way to determine teams.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 06:47 AM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
a draft would be a great way to go, but it should be 2 guys who have been to all of the skates so far and know the players...

I have only been to 2 skates so far, so my knowledge lacks a little bit.

Old
03-01-2009, 07:27 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
a draft would be a great way to go, but it should be 2 guys who have been to all of the skates so far and know the players...

I have only been to 2 skates so far, so my knowledge lacks a little bit.
Glenn

Please add jesarino

also, from the other thread it looks like we missed some new names

patsfan87
Deal Law
Michael Oxbig (?)

this puts us at 29

I think we should cap this at 24 skaters. but I will let you make the call glenn

I was thinking of taking the over flow names and creating a wait list and then if someone drops out as we get closer have them fill the spot.

Order should be number of times attended. as much as I am for new blood we need to reward those who made at least one of the the last 4 skates

as for a draft, interesting...I would be up for drafting on one side since I have been to all 4 and pretty much know all the players and skate levels.

maybe have Rob (hckyguy14) as the other capt?

Old
03-01-2009, 08:37 AM
scotiahockey

Zylos-

I added them to the list.

If we cap at 24, and 6 don't show up, we are under the magic number. We cap at 30, and then 6 don't show up and we are at 24!!!

math is fun. i bet we will end up with 12-13 a side this way. We can keep the pace "up" doing it like this, and you will have energy to back check right to the final buzzer!!!.

Glenn

Old
03-01-2009, 09:07 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
Glenn

Please add jesarino

also, from the other thread it looks like we missed some new names

patsfan87
Deal Law
Michael Oxbig (?)

this puts us at 29

I think we should cap this at 24 skaters. but I will let you make the call glenn

I was thinking of taking the over flow names and creating a wait list and then if someone drops out as we get closer have them fill the spot.

Order should be number of times attended. as much as I am for new blood we need to reward those who made at least one of the the last 4 skates

as for a draft, interesting...I would be up for drafting on one side since I have been to all 4 and pretty much know all the players and skate levels.

maybe have Rob (hckyguy14) as the other capt?

That's fine with me. The two captains really need to be relatively equal in talent though because if an "A" level player drafts with a "C" level player then once the "A" guy makes his first pick, (likely another "A" player) that team automatically has the advantage.

How about a compromise and cap it at 28 - I agree that 24 may be too little if 4 guys drop out late - then we're going to have a tough time keeping it energetic for 2 hours.

30 may be too much if everyone shows up (although we've always had a drop out or two,usually a couple of hours before we start)

Old
03-01-2009, 09:39 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
Zylos-

I added them to the list.

If we cap at 24, and 6 don't show up, we are under the magic number. We cap at 30, and then 6 don't show up and we are at 24!!!

math is fun. i bet we will end up with 12-13 a side this way. We can keep the pace "up" doing it like this, and you will have energy to back check right to the final buzzer!!!.

Glenn
I see what you are saying. some of the names we just added have not chimed back in again from their first post so they might just as well be left off the list.

10 on the bench is very very tight.

As for back checking, the only "back checking" I plan to do is when I hit rob from behind with a cross check!

as for the math.......I leave it all in your hands.

Old
03-01-2009, 09:43 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
That's fine with me. The two captains really need to be relatively equal in talent though because if an "A" level player drafts with a "C" level player then once the "A" guy makes his first pick, (likely another "A" player) that team automatically has the advantage.

How about a compromise and cap it at 28 - I agree that 24 may be too little if 4 guys drop out late - then we're going to have a tough time keeping it energetic for 2 hours.

30 may be too much if everyone shows up (although we've always had a drop out or two,usually a couple of hours before we start)
well since I am not an A level player we wont have to worry about that.

I think rob and I are equal. but if there is a difference I could always give him the first pick to even it out

(trying to remember last skate)
That by far was the best to date. talent wise.

if someone wants to step up and draft with me let me know!
there is one problem with a draft. if you take a high pick and thta high pick bails then the other team is at an advantage

Old
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
greech

Send a message via AIM to greech
By the way, if anybody needs help with jerseys/equipment, I can probably help so long as you're on the "smaller" side.

greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
well since I am not an A level player we wont have to worry about that.

I think rob and I are equal. but if there is a difference I could always give him the first pick to even it out

(trying to remember last skate)
That by far was the best to date. talent wise.

if someone wants to step up and draft with me let me know!
there is one problem with a draft. if you take a high pick and thta high pick bails then the other team is at an advantage

Good point about the problem of people bailing and messing things up but if we have the framework to work with, we can deal with that if it happens, that night.

I meant A level for our group.

IMO, You, Scotia, Rob, LP Bruins (reidy, when he plays) and a few others, who I can't remember are the best players out there, all to varying degrees.

I think that you and Rob would be perfect to choose sides.

But we also need everyone to chime in (unless you two remember everyone's skill level) to remind you guys of their skill level so you can pick the fairest teams possible.

Old
03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
DFENS44

One crucial thing for this to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Good point about the problem of people bailing and messing things up but if we have the framework to work with, we can deal with that if it happens, that night.

I meant A level for our group.

IMO, You, Scotia, Rob, LP Bruins (reidy, when he plays) and a few others, who I can't remember are the best players out there, all to varying degrees.

I think that you and Rob would be perfect to choose sides.

But we also need everyone to chime in (unless you two remember everyone's skill level) to remind you guys of their skill level so you can pick the fairest teams possible.
BE HONEST.
If folks are going to try and put teams together, be honest about your skill level. We don't need "hustlers" out there. It's not bragging if it's true.

Personally, I capped out at the college club level. Which is to say we were a drinking team with a hockey problem.

Not to mention, some of us have represented the same team all throughout these games. We should try to stay constant to keep the, ahem, rivalry alive. Certainly folks should bring both a dark and a white shirt if available in the event of last-minute fallout.

While I hate to see a "cap" on players, it might be a reasonable precaution. I'd love to see a pool on how many we end up with at the actual game though.

DFENS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM
CS10029

I'm new to the board but would love to play.

CS10029 is offline   Reply With Quote