HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

THE Trade Deadline Game (Game Over, Spectator Opinions Welcome)

Old
02-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Shaun_W_W

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Most of the people that raided there rosters had no clue about their team because they are not fans
oh sorry either usually refers to two I didn't mean you I meant Edmonton and Nashville.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Mike Richards 18

i dont know why people think i lost the Briere trade??

Basically it was Briere for Komi the other players were UFA that will be gone at seasons end and we will be at 47mil before we resign Komi Upshall Pahlsson Harding Anderson.

I got major cap space solidified my top 4 defense and goaltending for now and future and arguably the best forward group.

and i didnt trade JVR or Sbisa and i add Sangunetti

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
EJS280

Wow whoever did the Rangers...just quit. That is terrible. Basically traded every good prospect we have for some nobodies.

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Lexicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
i dont know why people think i lost the Briere trade??

Basically it was Briere for Komi the other players were UFA that will be gone at seasons end and we will be at 47mil before we resign Komi Upshall Pahlsson Harding Anderson.

I got major cap space solidified my top 4 defense and goaltending for now and future and arguably the best forward group.

and i didnt trade JVR or Sbisa and i add Sangunetti
You lost the Briere deal big time. Thanks to the Hab fans in the NHL Komisarek has become the biggest overated d - man in the past couple of years. Andrew Alberts is a similar type defender, and Montreal simply replaces Komi with Alberts. Justifiably, Alberts is not yet at the same level as Komi, but the difference between Alberts and Komi is NOT Briere. Dandenault is garbage. And you traded a 3rd! Is Montreal GM Michael Jackson? Cause son, you got *****.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You lost the Briere deal big time. Thanks to the Hab fans in the NHL Komisarek has become the biggest overated d - man in the past couple of years. Andrew Alberts is a similar type defender, and Montreal simply replaces Komi with Alberts. Justifiably, Alberts is not yet at the same level as Komi, but the difference between Alberts and Komi is NOT Briere. Dandenault is garbage. And you traded a 3rd! Is Montreal GM Michael Jackson? Cause son, you got *****.
Komi is a beast and Philly gets rid of a bad contract. Completely disagree

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Lexicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Komi is a beast and Philly gets rid of a bad contract. Completely disagree
Why is Briere so bad of a contract? He has a cap hit of 6.5m per year and the only reason he is not in the top 30 in scoring is he was injured half the year. Not only that, but Philly traded for 3 UFAs! It's a ridiculous deal, Montreal comes out head and shoulders above Philly as they get the only two assets that are going to stay with them past July 1st - Danny Briere and 3rd rounder 2009.

Old
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Mike Richards 18

I didnt want Dandenault or Bouillon they had to be included for salary cap for montreal

Is Briere the best player in the trade?? arguably yes but its strength for weakness trade and the salary space is a bonus.

Old
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
DFAC

Booth-Horton-Higgins
Stillman-Weiss-Frolik
MacLean-Plekanec-Dvorak/Olesz
Stewart- Kreps- Campbell
Tarnasky

Allen- Brewer
Boynton- Ballard
McCabe- Jones
Welch

Vokoun
Conklin

I really like the defence and top 3 lines...

Trades
Anderson for Conklin, Jones, 5th rounder

Bouwmeester, Zednik, DeLory for Higgins, Pleckanec, Brewer, 2nd '11

DFAC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Why is Briere so bad of a contract? He has a cap hit of 6.5m per year and the only reason he is not in the top 30 in scoring is he was injured half the year. Not only that, but Philly traded for 3 UFAs! It's a ridiculous deal, Montreal comes out head and shoulders above Philly as they get the only two assets that are going to stay with them past July 1st - Danny Briere and 3rd rounder 2009.
pretty sure Komisarek will resign i dont want the other two players

Old
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Its a long contract and with Briere getting up there in age, add in his size and you may have injury issues

Old
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Lexicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Its a long contract and with Briere getting up there in age, add in his size and you may have injury issues
Maybe, but right now the Flyer's can get a much better deal than that for Briere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
pretty sure Komisarek will resign i dont want the other two players
So you deal for three UFAs to be? What's wrong with Alberts? I've watched him, doesn't look so bad in a Flyer's uniform. And the third round pick? Why did you throw that? For the hell of it?

And what makes you so sure Komi will resign? Curtis Joseph left Toronto, Briere and Drury left Buffalo, Neidermayer left New Jersey - why will Komisarek resign in Philadelphia?

I'm not arguing any more over a fantasy deal, but I find it funny that a Flyer's fan who took over his own team got ****ed so badly in a deal by a Toronto fan running the Montreal team.

You would of made a better deal just trading Briere for a 2nd if you hate him so badly.

Old
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Ollie Weeks

Did the LA GM stand pat? If so, good on you.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Maybe, but right now the Flyer's can get a much better deal than that for Briere.

So you deal for three UFAs to be? What's wrong with Alberts? I've watched him, doesn't look so bad in a Flyer's uniform. And the third round pick? Why did you throw that? For the hell of it?

And what makes you so sure Komi will resign? Curtis Joseph left Toronto, Briere and Drury left Buffalo, Neidermayer left New Jersey - why will Komisarek resign in Philadelphia?

I'm not arguing any more over a fantasy deal, but I find it funny that a Flyer's fan who took over his own team got ****ed so badly in a deal by a Toronto fan running the Montreal team.

You would of made a better deal just trading Briere for a 2nd if you hate him so badly.
to be a smart a ss b/c the salary cap but your to smart for that and b/c i had a list of teams he would waive his NMC for and Montreal was it i wanted Komisarek and need salary space to sign players and the flyers have been fine without Briere and we got a solid third line center completed our defense and got two goalies for now and the future.

Old
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboy View Post
New York RangersShow Cap Hits

Naslund - Drury - Zherdev
Dawes - Nylander - Sjostrom
Korpikoski - Lombardi - Kozlov
Bouchard - Metropolit - Prucha

Staal - Rozsival
Redden - Grossman
Kukkonen - Vannanen

Lundqvist
Valiquette
ok, and how does this make the team any better again? the prospect pool also took a SERIOUS hit, for nothing. Next time play this game as the oilers and I want to see how well you do.

Richter35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Any Avs fans (or other fans) want to say what they thought of what the Avs did in this game?

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Hawks Got:clb 2nd and 5th, dom moore, havelid and armstrong,

Hawks Gave:Buff, billy sweatt(prospect), sopel,skille,and kontiola
So you gutted the prospect pool for a couple of third liners and some cap space?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

It's also completely stupid and unrealistic to change half the roster at the deadline. When does that ever happen? The number of playoff teams that moved their 1st line forwards is absolutely insane. There should be a cap on the number of moves you can make to 3 or 4 and maybe have each board pick a GM and assistants who have a clear goal determined ahead of time. That way the results might be a big better. Most of the GMs made trade for the sake of making trades.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
hyperboy

Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
ok, and how does this make the team any better again? the prospect pool also took a SERIOUS hit, for nothing. Next time play this game as the oilers and I want to see how well you do.
there is more forward depth the defenseman aquired are very under rated same with the prospects. remember that i didn't sell off top prospects for a guy like hjduk or staal+ for kovalchuk.
that's what i wanted to do but they were already taken i also would been the sens gm or pens but both were taken

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Top 5 Fairest trades:

BUF: Jason Smith | OTT: 4th round pick
Clearly the OTT GM has better insight to his team than Bryan Murray. Jason Smith is a great locker room guy, but is truly on his last legs. Since he's signed for next year, it didn't require that they give up more than they did.

PHI: Sami Pahlsson | ANA: Johnathan Matsumoto, 3rd in '10
I'm not crazy about giving up Matsumoto, but Pahlsson is a great shutdown center, who I just hope is over his injuries. I'd longed for a guy like Pahlsson for a long time.

BOS: Tomas Kaberle | TOR: Aaron Ward, Zach Hamill, Brad Marchand, Adam McQuaid, 1st in '10
Kaberle is a guy who puts Boston over the top, and Toronto gets a lot for him. I think Boston should have made sure they held on to Ward, who has been great with Chara, and good job by Toronto for getting him, as someone who will instill a leadership figure in the room.

BUF: Alexei Ponikarovsky, Matt Stajan | TOR: Jason Pominville
Both teams make a good trade, that isn't really just for this season (for Buffalo) and Toronto gets a good top 6 forward who will feature heavily in their plans, and at a decent contract given the price paid and hopefully he has a better season.

PIT: Christoph Schubert | OTT: 3rd round pick
This is a type of guy Pittsburgh is desperate for, and will likely keep, and will need and a fairly insignificant price.

Top 5 Rip Offs:

PHI: Josh Harding | MIN: Denis Bodrov, 1st in 09
There was no reason for the Flyers to make this trade. You traded for Conklin (then Anderson it seems) and kept Niittymaki. You'd have 3 goalies on the roster, none of them being a #1 goalie. And traded two more assets for that isn't going to help us this year. Use Bodrov and the 1st to trade for Kaberle or Bouwmeester (if the FLA GM had him available), or even Leopold.

WSH: Brett Clark, 2nd round pick | COL: Shaone Morrisonn, Sami Lepisto, Stefan Della Rovere, 5th round pick
This might be the biggest rip off of the day. Colorado wins this by a fair margin. Washington takes a defenseman who they don't need, isn't very good, and not a good contract for next year. Lepisto has been good in his appearances, will only get better, and Morrisonn is just...better. I can't see why the Caps would even be interested in trading him.

MTL: Danny Briere, Andrew Alberts, 3rd in '10 | PHI: Mike Komisarek, Francis Bouillon, Mathieu Dandeneault
Briere wouldn't waive his NMC to go to Montreal, since he never wanted to play there (his words) Habs do trade their top shutdown defenseman (who the Habs will re-sign, I saw the Habs got Bouwmeester, not sure why they're even trading Komisarek still), and two guys who are just...a waste of time. The Habs power play would be...insane, and the Flyers continues to sink. At least make sure you re-sign Komisarek. The Habs already were better than us last season, why are we helping them get better?

CGY: Doug Weight, Shea Guthrie | NYI: Adrian Aucoin, 1st in '10, 2nd in '09
Why did Calgary trade Cammalleri when they traded MORE for Weight?

MTL: Peter Budaj, TJ Hensick, 2nd in '10, 5th in '10 | COL: Jaroslav Halak, Kyle Chipcura, David Fischer, 5th in '10
Halak for Budaj and a pick should have been enough. In fact, since this was two separate deals, you should have waited to see if Budaj would have been waived, or see if you could get another team to put a goalie on re-entry waivers. Colorado made out on this.

Top 5 WTF Trades:
NYI: Jussi Jokinen | CAR: 3rd in 09
Why are the Islanders buying players?

VAN: Alex Pietrangelo | STL: Cory Schneider, 2nd in 09
If the Canucks are trading Schneider, it should be in a move to move them forward to win a Stanley Cup. Not picking up a prospect in juniors. This isn't something either team should have been in any rush to do for the trade deadline.

PHI: Patrick Rissmiller, Bobby Sangunetti, Paul Mara | NYR: Ossi Vaananen, Niklas Grossman, Philly 5th '10
Why did the Flyers bother trading for Grossman if they turned around and traded him for nothing that will help them any time soon, and then dumped Mara for a 6th round pick. You traded Nodl for nothing, and you helped the Rangers get better by giving them two solid defensemen. That said, I would think Sangs would be traded in a much larger trade, and could get more value for him for a better defenseman.

STL: 1st round pick | ATL: THREE 1st round picks
Seriously...WTF

STL: Drayson Bowman | VAN: Keith Tkachuk | CAR: Jannik Hansen, 2nds
I don't know if this was a 3-way deal or not, but I couldn't figure out why they traded for Tkachuk in the first place, and getting Hansen and 2 high picks for Bowman is a bit much, and Bowman doesn't seem like enough for Tkachuk. They guy's not even in the NHL. Why didn't the Blues and Canucks just work this in the original Schneider/Pietrangelo trade? The Hurricanes should have never really been involved.

Teams with best day:
Buffalo
Toronto
Colorado

Teams with worst day:
Washington
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay (not entirely sure what you were trying to do)

The Sharks, Kings, and Wild didn't really do bad things by staying quiet.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Shaun_W_W

I think Philly and Montreal both did well with that trade. Montreal was brutally shallow at center and Philly needed a top 4 physical do to play with Carle and some cap space. I don't know why people are going so nuts over this trades there were many worse

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
STL: Drayson Bowman | VAN: Keith Tkachuk | CAR: Jannik Hansen, 2nds
I don't know if this was a 3-way deal or not, but I couldn't figure out why they traded for Tkachuk in the first place, and getting Hansen and 2 high picks for Bowman is a bit much, and Bowman doesn't seem like enough for Tkachuk. They guy's not even in the NHL. Why didn't the Blues and Canucks just work this in the original Schneider/Pietrangelo trade? The Hurricanes should have never really been involved.
Because I wanted Bowman...and Vancouver did not have him.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Leafs GM was the best imo

I traded for Pietrangelo because I wanted a blue chip D prospect. I was banking on re-signing Luongo so that would make Shneider tradeable. Mattias Ohlund is a UFA, Willie Mitchel is getting older and Kevin Bieksa isn't a true #1. I got Tkachuk and Cammalleri so that rounds out a really deep forward group, so no real need to grab a top six forward. Aslo, Tkachuk from Carolina was the first offer I recieved. He was already there before I started trading so I had no Idea about a 3-way.

Last edited by CASUAL KEV: 02-28-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

That was fun. Someone start up a new one, I'd like to get into this action.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 View Post
Toronto's completed trades:

Kaberle for Hamill,Marchand,McQuaid,Ward, 1st in 2010

Marchand and Dido for Dubinsky,Sauer,Washington's 2nd

Moore for Billy Sweatt

Poni and Stajan for Pominville

New Lineup:

Antro-Dubinsky-Pominville
Kulemin-Grabovski-Hagman
Jason Blake-Devereaux-Stempniak
May-Mitchell-Mayers
(Tlusty,Williams)

Schenn-Kubina
Ward-White
Finger-Frogren
(Stralman,Sifers)
Van Ryn(injured)

Toskala
Joseph
(Pogge)
you never found a buyer for Antropov?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Because I wanted Bowman...and Vancouver did not have him.
Ok, but I still think you gave up too much for him. You shouldn't really have been in a rush to get him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote