HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto and Montreal

Old
02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
prevail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
If Prongs is going to Boston, Gainey might as well pack it in.
With respect to Boston, they can acquire Ovechkin and Malkin too, and we still shouldn't quit, that's not a rivalry then. We didn't spend years battling in the playoffs just to "pack it in".

We shouldn't even be talking about defensemen, we have 7 (Markov, Schneider, Hamrlik, Komisarek, Gorges, Bouillon and Brisebois), with O'Byrne as a last case scenario.

Schneider and Komisarek might be gone at the end of the year along with Brisebois, why trade your future blueliners when you only have Markov and Hamrlik locked into your top 4.

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Jedrik

No please no.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I wouldn't do Higgins, Subban /McDonagh and a pick for Kaberle. I doubt Pittsburgh would deal Staal and Tangradi for Kaberle.

I'd do Higgins, a 1st and a mid-tier prospect
Ya, exactly, Higgins, 1st and a mid tier prospect, Subban. McDonaugh is top tier, Pacioretty is a top tier prospect, Subban is mid tier.

Just a question but, would Montreal rather give up Higgins or a 2nd prospect like one of McDonaugh or Pacioretty?

I'd prefer...

Pacioretty, Subban, 1st in 09

for

Kaberle

I mean, there was one rumour/idea that Florida was considering offering Ellerby, Matthais, 1st and a 2nd.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
When is kabs supose to return?
Tonight

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ya, exactly, Higgins, 1st and a mid tier prospect, Subban. McDonaugh is top tier, Pacioretty is a top tier prospect, Subban is mid tier.

Just a question but, would Montreal rather give up Higgins or a 2nd prospect like one of McDonaugh or Pacioretty?

I'd prefer...

Pacioretty, Subban, 1st in 09

for

Kaberle

I mean, there was one rumour that Florida was considering offering Ellerby, Matthais, 1st and a 2nd.
I would have died and gone to heaven

Old
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post
With respect to Boston, they can acquire Ovechkin and Malkin too, and we still shouldn't quit, that's not a rivalry then. We didn't spend years battling in the playoffs just to "pack it in".

We shouldn't even be talking about defensemen, we have 7 (Markov, Schneider, Hamrlik, Komisarek, Gorges, Bouillon and Brisebois), with O'Byrne as a last case scenario.

Schneider and Komisarek might be gone at the end of the year along with Brisebois, [B]why trade your future blueliners when you only have Markov and Hamrlik locked into your top 4.
Because Kaberle is locked into a contract for another 2 years (after this season), and i don't think you're going to lose both Schneider & Komi, Gainey will sign 1 of them.

Old
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
I'll come to the aid of Higgins here.

He's not overrated. He's just what he is, a solid second liner who has a very good two-way game. If all goes well in his career, expect a career similar to Jason Blake, which is not a bad career.

He's not the 80+ point first line winger, and I'm sure Montreal fans know that as well. He's just a guy who helps on the PP, PK. He creates chances with his speed and has good hands.

He's young and should Toronto acquires him, he's going to fit right into our team on a 2nd line role.

My philosophy on rebuilding a team consists of drafting solid depth players, sure you'll occasionally hit a homerun in drafts, but its not likely everytime. What you do is draft solid depth and spend money if you have to on the 1st liners and your top 2 defenseman + Goalie.

Thats the most safest way to go about it. This is where your scouting department has a chance to shine. The rounds starting from 2nd is where it gets tricky and thats where you make your depth drafting.
Higgins was on pace for 30 goals last season (ended with 27) and 60 points (ended with 52) playing with Koivu and Ryder (not ideal). How many teams have that 80 points, 40+ goals, 6"2' 220LBS winger that fits the bill of first line winger? Not many... so I think Higgins is valuable.

Higgins = 1st round pick
McDonagh= 1st round pick

Just putting that into perspective, this rumour is highly doubtful, doesn't hold on water.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I would have died and gone to heaven
I don't think it's far fetched. It's similar to what Burke is looking for and the best part is that it doesn't effect Florida's playoff run as they aren't losing anyone off their roster, just adding an allstar dman.

Burke wants someone who can play now...Matthais

Burke wants a top prospect...Ellerby

Burke wants a 1st...1st in 09

The 2nd round pick is thrown in as Matthais doesn't really fit the mold of someone that can play now, as he is struggling in the AHL (but still has some upside)

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:44 PM
emb24*

dream leaf fans dream. gainey's not giving that package for kaberle. we need a banger on the blue line -- we just got Schneider we don't need anymore cupcakes.

mcD or subban in a leaf uniform for the next decade would be a disaster and gainey knows it

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
D3ADLY

not interested in higgins at all..have stajan already (alot better)... business with montreal is very unlikely but if its involving kaberle.. than i would ask for plekanec subban 1st in 09 laraque for kaberle and moore

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote