Notices

Post-game with Anaheim

Old
02-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Post-game with Anaheim

Since that other thing devolved, and I know Lobo and HF will be by with commentary eventually.

I will keep my grumblings about certain punks to myself.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
beardedgraf

It's such a bad feeling watching this team continue to slip

beardedgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Alistar

the play on the ice is frustrating enough, but the worse thing is nothing will change or even can change..

-Dallas is far to injured to not play some of the struggling players at the moment, and confidence is nearing where it was at the beginning of the season.

-trading for players is tough unless we give up major prospects because we are already over our internal budget and don't have any depth to trade - that being said nothing short of a major deal would really help the team anyways.

-The coach and GM's are perfectly safe because of their recent suspensions combined with the injury excuse.

I just want to see something done to shake up this team we still have a chance to make the playoffs but obviously not if this downward trend continues..

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Well, rumor has it you won't have Pronger and Moen to worry about anymore:

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...ne-update-w-ja

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

First Dallas needs to get their **** togather and get back in a playoff spot, then they can start to worry about what other teams are doing.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Worry about Pronger? Is this a joke? I love it when Pronger is on the ice against the Stars because it usually leads to a PP. Of course that only helps when the Stars PP can actually do something.

As for Moen, eh. Who cares?

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
the play on the ice is frustrating enough, but the worse thing is nothing will change or even can change..

-Dallas is far to injured to not play some of the struggling players at the moment, and confidence is nearing where it was at the beginning of the season.

-trading for players is tough unless we give up major prospects because we are already over our internal budget and don't have any depth to trade - that being said nothing short of a major deal would really help the team anyways.

-The coach and GM's are perfectly safe because of their recent suspensions combined with the injury excuse.

I just want to see something done to shake up this team we still have a chance to make the playoffs but obviously not if this downward trend continues..
See, I don't want to see a shake-up because I think about 90 percent of the problems are injury-related, and a shake up that involved pieces that would be here next year would shake the foundation for when the injured guys get back.

With these types of injuries, the best thing to do is ride it out and only make minor changes (say... moving Lundqvist would be a minor move, moving Lehtinen not so much). It makes this season a bit of a write off, but when you've got three of your best players sidelined, two good depth players sidelines, other players playing through injury and other best players having missed months at a stretch, you just curse the hockey gods and make the best of it.

Old
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Worry about Pronger? Is this a joke? I love it when Pronger is on the ice against the Stars because it usually leads to a PP. Of course that only helps when the Stars PP can actually do something.

As for Moen, eh. Who cares?
Meh, I don't care. I'm actually more worried about what they might bring back to the Ducks in a trade. I hope it isn't Kessel.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Chad_

Would you trade Kessel+ for those guys? I wouldn't, and I don't think Chiarelli will either. He's Boston's leading goal scorer. Pronger's acquisition would also leave Boston in a sorry state of a affairs with the cap next season. It seems that trade talk is a bit of a reach to me.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
catters078

OIl face the wild tonight...so if it is won in regulation by either team one will be in 7th and the other 10th while dallas will be at 9th...as we have games left against the wild, i would rather they win, so we can catch up the pts when we play them.

if it goes to OT then dallas will be 10th...1 pt of 9th an 2pts of 7th an 8th...

looking at the trade deadline and even for next year dallas needs a back up badly...

in march we have 3 sets of back to back (16 games in totol), what ever playoff chances we have (shrinking by the day) will be slaughtered if Turco plays all games in March..

please go after clemmensen he would be the perfect addition...or god put a claim in for legace

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
catters078

Tippett quote

We're in a playoff battle," Dallas coach Dave Tippett said. "I don't care who's playing. They need to get the job done. We've got some weak links."

Maybe someone is finally onto Sydor??

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Apparently Ott got the match penalty for eye-gouging.

Who knew that was frowned upon?

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

I think I am glad I missed this game, I would be a lot more angry if I watched. At least my college basketball team won

I am starting to lose a little hope with this team this year, luckily we play early tomorrow so we don't have to sit on this loss for a while. As always Go Stars!!!

DaStars99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Apparently Ott got the match penalty for eye-gouging.

Who knew that was frowned upon?
I thought he got it for fighting with the cast. Last time he dropped the gloves (against the Wings), I seem to remember him not dropping he gloves at all, or at the very least not throwing punches.

This is what Heika has:
"Steve Ott received a match penalty for that final fight.

A match penalty is usually given for intent to injure and is automatically reviewed, so there is a very good chance that Ott is suspended for Sunday's game.

Ott gouged Travis Moen in the eye during the fight, but Ott said it was an accident."

I'm not too sure the two are connected (the match and the eye gouge).

Old
02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
txdude5101

The reason for the Match was he was wearing a brace I am pretty sure.
Or it could be the eye gouge either way ott doesnt need to be suspended

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

I posted most of my thoughts in the fire Tippet thread but jesus can someone please tell me the thought process of line combinations by Tippet.

Lundqvist can't be shipped out soon enough. He makes me long for the offensive skill of Antti Miettinen.

Brunnstrom is struggling. He hasn't played well but other than like four exceptions neither has anyone else. He needs a boost of confidence. Something to make him feel good about himself and his play. Instead you bench him. Tippet's given plenty of tough love, maybe he should just try love. That and give the kid the opportunity with Ribs and Lehts should Ott be suspended. At this point can it hurt?

Did Sydor shoot the puck at Marty again?

Was Bobby Ryan the Edmonton first round pick acquired in the Penner disaster? Can someone go punch Lowe in the junk for me? Thanks.

I pray for a day when Niskanen is able to play with a real defense partner. He may finally be able to show he's a pretty good hockey player in his own right.

Poor Daley just couldn't get out of his own way. I've had days, hell weeks like that. It almost got funny at one point but why was the guy who clocked Eriksson not given a penalty for hitting Eriksson in the back of the head with his elbow? That has to be a penalty too.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Kritter471

Ryan was the second pick from the Crosby draft.

Yes, Sydor did. Yes, Daley was. And Niskanen wasn't helping his own cause today either, particularly on the PK.

I'd rather see Eriksson up on the top line than Brunnstrom. I'd try Neal-Modano-Brunnstrom again to try and recapture the early-season magic, should Ott get suspended.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Kritter I'd be fine with either combination. All I'm saying is Brunnstrom is struggling. There are only two real options right now. Play him and hope he gets through it or bench him, but how is he going to improve sitting on the bench watching others make the same mistakes he does without consequence.

Oh and other than the Perry goal which was bad all around, Fistric had a nice game. He's doing what he can to show that spot is his. Good for him.

Old
02-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

I knew Ryan was after Crosby I just wondered if that pick was orginally Edmonton's that went to Anaheim after the Penner offer sheet. Otherwise how did Anaheim draft second? I don't remember them being one of the worst teams in the league in 2004-05.

I looked it up. No the pick wasn't from the Penner deal. This was Anaheim's own pick. So were they that bad before the lockout? I don't remember this. Anyway boo Anaheim because I do not want to see this kid six games a year for the next half decade.

Last edited by Hull Fan: 02-28-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old
02-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Kritter471

They weren't that bad. That was the year the entire draft was on a lottery system because of the loss of the lockout year. Anaheim was pretty good and two years removed from the Cup finals, but they ended up with the No. 2 pick while the Stars were mediocre and ended up with the No. 28 pick.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

I vaguely recall that was the year they refused to give Washington the first overall pick two years in a row. Didn't they end up with one of the last picks? It was just awful logic that created a screwed up scenario.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Kritter471

I don't remember Washington's scenario in particular, but I remember that it was a weighted lottery based on success the past five years or so.

I also remember the Red Wings got a better-than-average pick. I hated that draft.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

If Otter gets the boot is it time to waive the towel? Something between 3-5 games is what I'm expecting because of this whole eye gouge thing.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:47 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

I think it still depends on the outcome of tomorrow's game. I hope we don't sell when or lose but I would be a whole lot less upset if we lose tomorrow and tuesday. I still think this team can make some noise. We just need to get healthy. It will be a whole lot clearer whether we can make the playoffs or not in the next two games. If we don't do well that would be three loses against teams not in the playoffs. That doesn't bode well

DaStars99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:54 PM
vofty

Ott suspended pending review...and it continues...

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...suspended.html

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote