HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Gaborik

Old
02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

vCash: 500
Gaborik

It seems like people have completely stopped talking about this guy. Is he still going to get traded? When is he set to come back from his injury?

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky is a gangsta View Post
It seems like people have completely stopped talking about this guy. Is he still going to get traded? When is he set to come back from his injury?
He's been skating for about 3 weeks and is due for a checkup Monday not by coincidence 48 hours before the deadline. From what is being said if all checks out Monday he could be playing by March 15th.

On a seperate issue if he can return I doubt the Wild will give him away.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
State of Hockey

He's the sleeper of the deadline. If he's traded, the team getting him will probably receive the biggest boost of the deadline trades.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

minnesota is probably better off trying to re-sign him because with his injuries no team will give them a fair offer

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2009, 10:39 PM
dutchcrunch14

hes made it pretty clear he doesnt want to be in minny had some yelling match with GM Risebrough about the surgery apparently someone correct me if im wrong i couldn't find the article.. sucks for minny but they probs have to move him and get less than ideal back for him cuz he is so injury prone... if his latest surgery works could be a steal for whoever get him... if they dont move him they risk gettin nothing in return losing him to FA

dutchcrunch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
minnesota is probably better off trying to re-sign him because with his injuries no team will give them a fair offer
Minnesota has no chance at resigning him. That bridge is burned.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcrunch14 View Post
hes made it pretty clear he doesnt want to be in minny had some yelling match with GM Risebrough about the surgery apparently someone correct me if im wrong i couldn't find the article.. sucks for minny but they probs have to move him and get less than ideal back for him cuz he is so injury prone... if his latest surgery works could be a steal for whoever get him... if they dont move him they risk gettin nothing in return losing him to FA
They are going to get less value, but they should still get a lot. A top prospect and and 1st rounder.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
mnwildfan79

The injury problem is going to devalue a rental significantly less than a player signed long term.

As long as the physical checks out he's a player that will be fresh and ready to go.

Any contending team that adds him without giving up a significant roster player will improve their cup chances dramatically.

mnwildfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Depends on if the Wild still have ambitions of making the playoffs...a health Gaborik on their team, IMO, would be better than anything they could get for him at the deadline. Due to his health, I think his value has taken a severe beating. That said, if the rumors about Gaborik re-signing are not true and the Wild want to start preparing for next year, they could move him.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
They are going to get less value, but they should still get a lot. A top prospect and and 1st rounder.
As long as that pick is conditional I could see something like that. The Todd Bertuzzi to Detroit trade is a good example. He had missed the majority of the season like Gaborik and was moved for Shawn Matthias, who was a pretty good prospect at the time, and a conditional pick, I believe it turned out to be a 2nd. According to Holland at the time, the Wings would've given up a 1st if "they won a lot in the playoffs and Todd helped them to do so" so I'm guessing the conditions were based on not only the Wings doing well but Todd playing well on top of that. I see a similar style trade for Gaborik.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Mike Richards 18

Gaborik will prolly go to the eastern conference. that were he is best suited in a very offensive style.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
As long as that pick is conditional I could see something like that. The Todd Bertuzzi to Detroit trade is a good example. He had missed the majority of the season like Gaborik and was moved for Shawn Matthias, who was a pretty good prospect at the time, and a conditional pick, I believe it turned out to be a 2nd. According to Holland at the time, the Wings would've given up a 1st if "they won a lot in the playoffs and Todd helped them to do so" so I'm guessing the conditions were based on not only the Wings doing well but Todd playing well on top of that. I see a similar style trade for Gaborik.
yea the conditional pick should be fair. But it would do it only in the success of Gabby not the team itself. The wild can be pretty sure that he is going to do very well, but if he goes to a team like the Rags then who knows...Obviously the best fit would be the Pens.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
stungun

Boston should be all over Gaborik if he gets cleared to play or is progressing from his surgery ok. they need a left handed shot, not exactly the big body chiarelli wants to add (Tkachuk). i like the idea of conditional picks and a prospect not sure what minny would be looking for.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Cappie2k2

gabby to buffalo
for Max/Kotalik 1st rounder(2nd if gabby doesnt agree to extension upon trade) in 2010 and 2012 along with a prospect, dylan hunter or mike card

Cappie2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
Minnesota has no chance at resigning him. That bridge is burned.
Which begs a different question, one that may be for a different thread...how long are Wild fans and management going to stand for watching star player after star player leave the team?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Which begs a different question, one that may be for a different thread...how long are Wild fans and management going to stand for watching star player after star player leave the team?
Examples being?

They blew it with Rolston since DR waited until after the season to negotiate. He said many times last year had they talked during the season he more than likely would have signed an extension for much less money than Jersey ended up offering.

Other than that they have not lost star player after star player. Let's be honest Gaborik's problem is what will probably limit him from winning a cup and that is selfishness. It's all about him and how much money he makes and goals he scores. Let the buyer beware!

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Star after star? Gaborik will be the first star to leave, and he's been a handful to keep happy for years. Usually a franchise player is healthy and loyal. Gaborik is neither. Wild just got unlucky.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
mnwildfan79

Quote:
as soon as it truly becomes star player after star player leaving

what I mean is Gaborik is the first star to leave. if they don't extend Koivu and he leaves DR will be run out of town.

mnwildfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Ryder+prospect for Gaborik?

Minnesota gets a long term (3 years) scoring winger.... Unless they want the cap space to sign someone else.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:41 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Ryder+prospect for Gaborik?

Minnesota gets a long term (3 years) scoring winger.... Unless they want the cap space to sign someone else.
Ryder does not fit the Wild's system. Gaborik will reurn much more in my oppinion. At least a 1st and top prospect.

That said I wouldn't want him Toronto.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Being a Wild fan it feels as if he is already gone, so if we get ANYTHING for him i'll be happy. I know there are many fans who feel differently but that's just me.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:56 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
It's deadline time. Teams know his potential. Since teams usually overpay "fair value" at the deadline, I think for a player who is "undervalued" due to injuries, the deadline will bump the "undervalue" to "fair value."

IslesFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
BigT2002

here is how it pan out:

1 Mar: gaborik will go in for his physical
2 Mar: Teams will start putting the offers in for him
3 Mar: It will be reported he failed his physical
4 Mar: All teams pull their offers
Offseason: DR signs Gaborik to a 5 year deal where he's making $7.8M the first 3 years and $8M the last 2.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote