HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Frolov to Buffalo

Old
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
kingpest19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 View Post
Ok I wouldn't go that far. That deal definitely is in our favor. But you're not being realistic either. Connolly when healthy is the best player in that deal. Unfortunately he's not healthy much. Acting like Jack Johnson is better than him is comical.
How am I not being realistic? Connolly isnt better than Frolov and JJ has more value than Connolly as well. The Kings giving up both and a prospect for a guy who has health problems, a center whos not even close to a ppg in the AHL and a 3rd round pick is even remotely close to a fair deal?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
How am I not being realistic? Connolly isnt better than Frolov and JJ has more value than Connolly as well. The Kings giving up both and a prospect for a guy who has health problems, a center whos not even close to a ppg in the AHL and a 3rd round pick is even remotely close to a fair deal?
I already said the Sabres clearly win that deal. But you're not being realistic because you said the Kings give up the 2 best players without getting any real value back... that is plain ludicrous.

Again, when healthy Connolly is the best player out of that bunch (he just never is healthy though which makes Frolov more valuable). And when you say the Kings are giving up the 2 best players that means you think Jack Johnson is the second best player in that deal. Now that is just hilarious. JJ has shown nothing in the NHL yet other than being terrible at even strength and not contributing much on offense... Connolly is a stud.

slugfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
warriorspikes51*

to LA: 1st round pick, 5th round pick, Prospect
to BUF: Frolov

warriorspikes51* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
All people ever do is look at stats...you have no idea what Frolov does for LA.. he controls the puck more than anyone..He back checks like crazy.. Pominville is not as good as Frolov..He is a solid player but not Frolov

agreed. I believe Frolov is the Kings best player. I had him in my keepers league last year and when comparing stats he finished with like a +1 and Kop was like a -16. Plus i think he had more goals but only 4 less points, And Frolov missed a lot of games last season. I've always like Frolov.

buffalo would need to give up Pominville, a 1st, and a prospect. Not sure i'd do that if from the Kings side though

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
I already said the Sabres clearly win that deal. But you're not being realistic because you said the Kings give up the 2 best players without getting any real value back... that is plain ludicrous.

Again, when healthy Connolly is the best player out of that bunch (he just never is healthy though which makes Frolov more valuable). And when you say the Kings are giving up the 2 best players that means you think Jack Johnson is the second best player in that deal. Now that is just hilarious. JJ has shown nothing in the NHL yet other than being terrible at even strength and not contributing much on offense... Connolly is a stud.
You sit here and say Kings fans need to stop acting like JJ is a superstar and then bust out Connolly is a better player than Frolov. He may have more flash than Frolov but Frolov is the superior player hands down. When Connolly managed to play a full season his career high is 55 points. Add in the other aspects of Frolovs game and it not close as to who the better player is. JJ has problems with his game that are being corrected. Its funny how people all rip him yet hes one of the first guys brought up in a proposal. Whether you like it or want to admit it he has more value than Connolly. It would be a stretch to say that Connolly Zagrapan and a 3rd would get you Frolov alone let alone adding in JJ and a prospect.

Fact is the Kings dont get value back. Connolly when healthy is a decent player. Zagrapan has very little value and a 3rd? The Kings get nothing that helps them out in any way shape or form.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorspikes51 View Post
to LA: 1st round pick, 5th round pick, Prospect
to BUF: Frolov
Makes no sense for the Kings.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
buffalo would need to give up Pominville, a 1st, and a prospect. Not sure i'd do that if from the Kings side though
Riiiiight. I wouldn't even do Pominville straight up for Frolov yet alone that ridiculous overpayment.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
When Connolly managed to play a full season his career high is 55 points.

Fact is the Kings dont get value back. Connolly when healthy is a decent player.
Umm Connolly played 63 games when he got 55 points... not a full season.

Connolly when healthy is only a decent player? Now that's funny. Connolly is a great player when healthy. It's funny Kings fans think Frolov is such an amazing player yet Connolly is only "decent" when healthy. Seriously, do Kings fans watch any other teams other than their own? I swear to god their entire team is untouchable, meanwhile they crap on all other team's players.

And again, I said because of the injury history Frolov does indeed have more value and we win that deal. He said and JJ -or- a prospect... not both. Still Zags and a 3rd are not going to get you Johnson. I still think Johnson is tied with Staal for the most overrated player in the league though but Kings fans make him out to be a star when he's average. I'm not saying we wouldn't win that deal. I'm saying it's ludicrous to say the Kings give up the 2 best players in that deal.

Last edited by slugfest*: 02-28-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
McDoused

Am I the only one that thinks that Pominville is pretty much at the same level as Frolov? Don't get me wrong. Frolov is a good player but Pominville is already locked up for a much longer period of time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if LA had to add something just to get Pominville. Frolov is damn good though. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.

McDoused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Umm Connolly played 63 games when he got 55 points... not a full season.

Connolly when healthy is only a decent player? Now that's funny. Connolly is a great player when healthy. It's funny Kings fans think Frolov is such an amazing player yet Connolly is only "decent" when healthy. Seriously, do Kings fans watch any other teams other than their own? I swear to god their entire team is untouchable, meanwhile they crap on all other team's players.
Looked in the mirror lately? Fact is Connolly shows glimpses of talent that go away. He has a horrible injury history that prevents him from being consistent in any way shape or form. He may have more offensive talent than Frolov but Frolov is the better player.

Theres very few players on the King that are untouchable. But the fact is Frolov nor JJ are going anywhere unless its a deal that fills a need or upgrades at their position. You cant expect to get the Kings best overall forward and one of their top young defensemen for what was proposed. Connolly has little value and the other aspects from the Buffalo side have little to no value.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemmersaJemmer View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that Pominville is pretty much at the same level as Frolov? Don't get me wrong. Frolov is a good player but Pominville is already locked up for a much longer period of time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if LA had to add something just to get Pominville. Frolov is damn good though. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.
It would be a lateral trade that might happen if both guys needed a change of scenery. Other than that it doesnt fill a need for either team.

Old
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
dabeechman

Last year Johnson was voted as the best defenseman by the organization. This year he gets hurt a week in, misses half the season...and comes back and has been our best defenseman since.

Now you may think he is overrated, but I think the fans of LA, and the management of LA are perfectly happy with how he is playing.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
zebehm

I can't see the Kings trading their best goal producer for a guy who is a good player, but produces less goals. The Kings are struggling in the goal production area, so yes, Frolov > Pominville in terms of trade value. If the Kings weren't in need of more goal production, Frolov for Pominville would be a very lateral trade and might happen, but the Kings need makes Frolov more valuable.

zebehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
damagecontrol85

sabrescrazedfan4, you're out of your mind... you're guilty of exactly the blanket statement that you're laying on Kings fans. Tim Connolly better than Frolov? LMAO ok... he's got some nice moves and is a decent setup man but is fragile and inconsistent. Frolov is repeatedly mentioned as one of the most underrated players in the NHL. He's one of the best defensive forwards I've ever seen, and could manhandle Connolly all day long. He's a better scorer, better two-way player, stronger on the puck, he's got better hair, and is way healthier. And for the record I have Center Ice so I watch basically every game I can get my eyes on.

Pominville on the other hand, he's a great player and someone I think could really fit well into the Kings' lineup. I wouldn't mind giving up someone like O'Sullivan for him, but forget about Fro.

damagecontrol85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagecontrol85 View Post
sabrescrazedfan4, you're out of your mind... you're guilty of exactly the blanket statement that you're laying on Kings fans. Tim Connolly better than Frolov? LMAO ok... he's got some nice moves and is a decent setup man but is fragile and inconsistent. Frolov is repeatedly mentioned as one of the most underrated players in the NHL. He's one of the best defensive forwards I've ever seen, and could manhandle Connolly all day long. He's a better scorer, better two-way player, stronger on the puck, he's got better hair, and is way healthier. And for the record I have Center Ice so I watch basically every game I can get my eyes on.

Pominville on the other hand, he's a great player and someone I think could really fit well into the Kings' lineup. I wouldn't mind giving up someone like O'Sullivan for him, but forget about Fro.
Can you learn how to read? I've already mentioned Connolly's injury problems many times and that's why Buffalo (for the 5 millionth time) does easily win this deal (the 3rd and Zags for JJ was heavily in our favor too despite how overrated and average JJ is... I'm sure you'll interpret that wrong too).

I simply laughed at his comment that the "Kings give up the 2 best players in that deal." Connolly and Frolov are very close when TC is healthy (I think Connolly is better), but the fact that he said that Jack Johnson is better than Connolly is beyond hilarious.

And "you wouldn't mind giving up O'Sullivan for Pominville" but the Sabres would laugh at that offer. I love O'Sullivan but he's not worth Pommer. I wouldn't even do Pommer for Frolov straight up.

Last edited by slugfest*: 02-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old
02-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

The kings should never trade Frolov. How many players protect the puck as good as Frolov? How many players routinely go into a corner and strip the puck from two defenders? Frolov keeps plays alive like no other. He is always good for 25-30 goals while playing responsible defense. He may not be a pure goal scorer but he is a unique talent and seems like the kind of player a team would die to have in the playoffs.

If for whatever reason a deal does not get worked out, than LA will trade him next year. As for this year, I doubt he is moved unless it's for an upgrade ala a Kovalchuckish talent or for two young talented forwards similar to a J.Staal/T.Kennedy package. Not saying that will happen only that those are the kind of trades that would make sense for LA. All that being said, LA should not trade Frolov.

Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 02-28-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
What's your point? Pominville plays the PP and PK too. Sabres don't touch that deal.
To bad you guys are not the GM of the Sabres.........
we would have a lot of fun...
But anyways... the Sabres have absolute nothing i wanna have...
we are not the best trade partners...
before this year i was inbterested in Ryan Miller but we have a very good goalie now and no need for another one.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
warriorspikes51*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
before this year i was inbterested in Ryan Miller but we have a very good goalie now and no need for another one.
don't sweat it...Miller isn't for sale.

warriorspikes51* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 07:27 PM
VictoryRose

You know the best part about living on the West Coast?

We've all seen Frolov AND Pomminville play.

The idea that P-ville is swappable with Fro is laughable.

It'll take Pom + to get Fro out of LA. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't seen LA play more than a couple of times this year.

Yes, he is that friggin good, and very cheap next year.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Afinogretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Yea. Who the hell would want Derek Roy, who is locked up to a cheap deal for 5 more seasons??? Get a clue.

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Once again with the clueless statements about Frolov.

- Last year Frolov was damn near a point per game player while playing with an injured groin ALL YEAR that required offseason surgery.
- Frolov was damn near a point per game player the year before that as well.

Did I mention that both those seasons, his center was Derek ****ing Armstrong???

- He played the first half of this year with Handzus and Simmonds, ON THE 3RD LINE. He's leading the Kings in goals. And before someone who's clueless spouts off about "he's leading the Kings in goals because the Kings suck," He's 15th in the league in goals, and would be 3rd or better in goal scoring on each of the top 4 teams in league as of last week (probably still true).

- You cannot get the puck from Frolov. It takes 2 and sometimes 3 players to strip it from him. His puck possession game is RIDICULOUS.

- You cannot keep the puck from Frolov. He is constantly stripping players of the puck. His puck recovery game is RIDICULOUS.

- Kopitar mysteriously pulled his head out of his ass the moment Frolov was put on his line, which incidentally was the first time in Frolov's CAREER he has been placed on a top line for more than a couple of shifts.

Yeah, the Kings would rather have Pominville...

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 02:39 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Buffalo is desperate to clear up a surplus of forwards, not swap one for another. If Connolly, Afino or Pominville aren't gone in several days, I'll be plum surprised

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Ok I wouldn't go that far. That deal definitely is in our favor. But you're not being realistic either. Connolly when healthy is the best player in that deal. Unfortunately he's not healthy much. Acting like Jack Johnson is better than him is comical.

People need to stop acting like JJ is a superstar. He has 15 points and is a -36 in 99 career games. If he wasn't drafted 3rd overall, people would consider him at best a #4 or 5 defenseman right now.
4th or 5th defensemen!?!?!?!? you obviously have not seen JJ play or else you would know what a great defensemen he will become, thus wouldn't even think of proposing a trade for him because you would know were not going to let this young stud go, no offense to conolly he is a great player when healthy, but were not going to give a future franchise defensemen away

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Isn't Pominville locked up long term? I know that Frolov is a UFA after next year, so if that the case I don't think that BUFF makes the trade.
You know, it really amazes me that so many people argue for and against trades on ability alone, without ever considering contracts. A player's value to his team is only half of the picture; his value to management is the other half. You can't and shouldn't play GM without weighing contacts.

If Pominville's long-term contract were more reasonable, then Frolov straight-up for him would be a lot more fair than the Kings fans in this thread think. Unfortunately, his contract has a cap and salary hit of $5.3M starting next season. Since he's had a pretty big drop-off in production this season, I can certainly see Buffalo shopping him.

On LA's side, if Lombardi felt that a player of Frolov's or Pominville's caliber were worth $5.3M, he'd probably just give it to Frolov when his contract is up. If Lombardi trades Frolov, it'll likely be for a player who is either better or cheaper. Pominville is neither, so trading Frolov for him just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
You know, it really amazes me that so many people argue for and against trades on ability alone, without ever considering contracts. A player's value to his team is only half of the picture; his value to management is the other half. You can't and shouldn't play GM without weighing contacts.

If Pominville's long-term contract were more reasonable, then Frolov straight-up for him would be a lot more fair than the Kings fans in this thread think. Unfortunately, his contract has a cap and salary hit of $5.3M starting next season. Since he's had a pretty big drop-off in production this season, I can certainly see Buffalo shopping him.

On LA's side, if Lombardi felt that a player of Frolov's or Pominville's caliber were worth $5.3M, he'd probably just give it to Frolov when his contract is up. If Lombardi trades Frolov, it'll likely be for a player who is either better or cheaper. Pominville is neither, so trading Frolov for him just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Just read this and you got your answer.

Good post.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote