HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit - Colorado

Old
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
MikeC

vCash: 500
Detroit - Colorado

I know that the possibility of a transaction between those two teams his pretty slim but I was listening to a Detroit's radio station and the annoucer was saying that the Wings were interested in Lapperriere.

As a Avs fan, I love Lappy, one of the best team player in the league right now. A true warrior but he is an UFA at the end of the year and there is a great chance he will be traded.

The Avs needs a no 1 goaltender. The wings have 3 in their system that are interesting.

If we (I am an AVS fans). Would you trade Lappy for one of those goalies? would you ask for more or would the wings ask for more?

Daniel Larsson, G
Thomas McCollum, G
Jimmy Howard, G

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:21 AM
wayne98

if I were Detroit I wouldnt trade mcCollum, dont know much about larsson, as for Jimmy howard I would trade him, but I think the avs would have to through in a pick of some kind though

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Marky9er

Those goalie's will not be moving for a UFA grinder. Most likely Howard or Larsson will be our back up next season, and McCollum will be with Grand Rapid's. Not sure what Detroit WOULD offer, maybe Meech.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:57 AM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
if I were Detroit I wouldnt trade mcCollum, dont know much about larsson, as for Jimmy howard I would trade him, but I think the avs would have to through in a pick of some kind though
As speculative as those three prospects are hey all have a fair bit of value. All three have number 1 potential. All three are blue chippers. All three could bust.

Such is how it is with goalie prospects. Each brings something different to the table. Id say each has a value around a low first.

That being said i dont think the wings trade for Lappy. The wings are 17 NHL forwards deep. Not sure i can see the wings benching Maltby/Draper for Lappy.

D
Z
Hossa
Holmstrom
Cleary
Filp
Franzen
Sammy
Hudler
Draper
Maltby
Kopecky