HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rau, Berry, Stalberg ... Hayes, Gilroy & more

Old
02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
sprout

vCash: 500
Rau, Berry, Stalberg ... Hayes, Gilroy & more

Sample of what is included in Julie Robenhymer's NCAA Article

A Must Read!

Chad Rau out of Colorado College has 14 goals and 18 assists for 32 points in 33 games this far to lead the Tigers in goals and points. He's a natural leader who is known to come up big in key situations and knows where and when to be in a position to score - aka - he likes to set up shop around the net - and is very good in the faceoff circle. He's a senior this year and will obviously be making the jump to the professional ranks after the season is over. CC is not projected to make the NCAA's this season so unless they win the WCHA title, he will be available in about three weeks, if not sooner. I think he'd be sent to the Marlies for the remainder of the season. He'll be a dependable depth guy for the Leafs in the forseeable future.

Alex Berry from the University of Massachusetts (Go Minutemen!) has 10 goals and 15 assists for 25 points in 30 games. He's a big boy (6'2'' 215 lbs.) who likes to throw his weight around especially in the corners. He's not a goal scorer but he does generate a lot of scoring opportunities through his physical style of play. He's a mucker and grinder who will fight you for every inch of ice and usually doesn't lose his battles along the boards or in front of the net. He is also a senior and could go to the Marlies after UMass finishes its season. I might be biased because a) he's from UMass and b) he's my type of player, but I like what he brings to the table always giving you everything he's got.

Viktor Stalberg from the University of Vermont has 20 goals and 15 assists for 35 points in 30 games and will most likely be named a finalist for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award next month. He's big and fast with a scoring touch. I could definitely see him make the jump after this season and contend for a spot on the Leafs next fall. He's big enough, strong enough and fast enough to make it at the NHL level, but he will have to work on the defensive side of his game (which isn't all that terrible to begin with) to stay there.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Julie...eview/99/19668

sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
wayne98

lets keep are fingers crossed that the leafs can sign these guys, along with gilroy, the more you sign the better the chance 1 or 2 of these college players will turn out

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

boy that Stalberg pick just keeps looking better and better

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote