HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Gainey do nothing if Habs win their next 2 games?

Old
02-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Not sure what Gainey will do at this point. Koivu will need to be replaced eventually and I am not convinced we could get a valid deal for him. The sadeness in this is that we have no depth at center. The only potential guy who could eventually replace Saku is Maxwell and he is still far from the NHL IMO. In other words loosing Koivu at the end of the season would be pretty bad and I must agree that we need to add a little bit of size at center. I don't think we can do anything this year. Perhaps next summer Jokinen could be an interesting choice.

On D we might be missing an other asset IMO. Perhaps a guy like Kuba would be a good addition to the team. Would love to start relying a bit less on Hamerlik.

Markov - Schneider
Kuba - Komisarek
Hammerlik - Goerges

In front once both Tanguay and Lats are back we will be OK IMO.
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Kostsitsyn - Plekanek - Kovalev
Pacioretty - Lapierre - Latendresse
Stewart - Metropolit - Daggostini/Kostopoulos/Laraque

Now perhaps one of our extra assets could get us Kuba?

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
3TB3*

The question asked 2 games ago now has become a reality.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yea maybe we'll get lucky and Gainey will do some big trade, give up a lot of young assets and then we get knocked out in the first round. But hey, at least we can say Gainey did something at the deadline right?

From reading your posts here, you seem to be really intelligent and a great fan of this team. Way to go!

agreed, I think Gainey really has to look at the team and say "this team can win the cup" before he goes and mortgages the future for a guy who's going to be gone at the end of the year. Last year I honestly think the habs were stanley cup contenders...this year they aren't and it would be a mistake to make a big splash come the trade deadline, a few smaller trades to improve the team are fine. Trading the future for a Jay-Bo, Lecavalier would be a mistake IMHO.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Here's hoping for a major deal as this winning streak is just a smoke screen considering the way the team has played.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
agreed, I think Gainey really has to look at the team and say "this team can win the cup" before he goes and mortgages the future for a guy who's going to be gone at the end of the year. Last year I honestly think the habs were stanley cup contenders...this year they aren't and it would be a mistake to make a big splash come the trade deadline, a few smaller trades to improve the team are fine. Trading the future for a Jay-Bo, Lecavalier would be a mistake IMHO.
but if you know you can sign lecavalier or boumeister longterm then you are building for the FUTURE AS WELL AS BOLSTERING THIS YEAR'S RUN.

Let me see, can Habs beat the Bruins or Capitals? Do they have absolutely no shot?

How'd the Habs do against Detroit and San Jose (the 2 best by far west teams) this year?

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Here's hoping for a major deal as this winning streak is just a smoke screen considering the way the team has played.
The major deal will come on it's own when our real 1st line RW finally comes back of IR

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The major deal will come on it's own when our real 1st line RW finally comes back of IR
Latendresse?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Latendresse?

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote