HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL: Springfield Falcons vs. Manchester Monarchs. 2PM - FREE ONLINE

Old
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by recOILed View Post
Watching this Falcons game today, as someone mentioned, was like watching the OIL... The game is crap and you can see that it has someone's fingerprints all over it. The players with the most talent have pretty much folded their tents and appear hoping that they will be a throw-in to another organization come Wednesday... I mean lets face it, they'll need to reinvent their game with another team if they have any hope to move up to the NHL.

I suppose we can look to Daum to try and get the players attention, but hey, you know that the team as well as Daum's hands are tied as they are following the same game plan that MacT has set out for the big team. God forbid, don't add creativity to the game as we don't need that, and you just may have players and fans alike that actually enjoy playing and watching it.

I know that it's forbidden to share these thoughts, but until we get rid of the head coach in Edmonton you can expect this type of development. You look at the three forwards that had the biggest upside and had a brief opportunity to play with the OIL this year... Brule, Shremp, and Polutney. Ask yourselves, do they look inspired??? Do they look like they have gained anything playing down in the minors?? It's another wasted year for their development, and yes, they have to ask themselves if they may have a better chance in another organization and system. Did Brule today look like anything close as to what promise we saw at training camp, and was this time in the minors not what he supposedly needed??

We're all excited because the OIL won last night... but did you actually watch and enjoy the game?? It's like most of the games this year, if the goalie doesn't win it for you, it isn't going to happen. When you have Reddox chosen as one of your offensive stars you got to start asking yourself, why are some of the proven NHL scorers that once played for this team no longer here... we're talking Leon the neon Reddox on our first line for $#@%% sakes!! And yes, let's get down on Penner cause he does look like hell, and there should be no excuse for it... but you can bet that this guy can still play in the NHL, and when either the system (coach) or Penner's postal code is changed, when put in a position to play to his strengths, he will in fact IMO earn his contract.

This year very well could end for the OIL like last year, and the year before that... ask yourself, like the three prospects mentioned playing on the farm, is this team any closer to being better then the year before, or a legitimate playoff team?? Have you enjoyed watching the product?

When will it finally not be the players fault, and when do we look at what sort of system the coach has developed as possibly not working... do we know how good, or bad JDD is yet, and when do we find out?? Has Hemsky been developed, or is his talent smothered, and who is exactly going to score our goals next year?? We're no further ahead, and after watching the Leafs for the last few weeks one might ask if they are not a better team than the OIL are today. They don't have as much talent but they sure are a lot more fun to watch, especially to what the OIL have provided their fans this year... How is that?? Oh yes, according to the experts, the Leaf's prospects are rated below to what the OIL supposedly have... and I bet they were not even counting on Leon the neon Reddox!!? Who knew?

Thanks for the opportunity to vent, as I feel better now!
I pretty much agree with the majority of your points. The organization as a whole needs an enema.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by recOILed View Post
Watching this Falcons game today, as someone mentioned, was like watching the OIL... The game is crap and you can see that it has someone's fingerprints all over it. The players with the most talent have pretty much folded their tents and appear hoping that they will be a throw-in to another organization come Wednesday... I mean lets face it, they'll need to reinvent their game with another team if they have any hope to move up to the NHL.

I suppose we can look to Daum to try and get the players attention, but hey, you know that the team as well as Daum's hands are tied as they are following the same game plan that MacT has set out for the big team. God forbid, don't add creativity to the game as we don't need that, and you just may have players and fans alike that actually enjoy playing and watching it.

I know that it's forbidden to share these thoughts, but until we get rid of the head coach in Edmonton you can expect this type of development. You look at the three forwards that had the biggest upside and had a brief opportunity to play with the OIL this year... Brule, Shremp, and Polutney. Ask yourselves, do they look inspired??? Do they look like they have gained anything playing down in the minors?? It's another wasted year for their development, and yes, they have to ask themselves if they may have a better chance in another organization and system. Did Brule today look like anything close as to what promise we saw at training camp, and was this time in the minors not what he supposedly needed??

We're all excited because the OIL won last night... but did you actually watch and enjoy the game?? It's like most of the games this year, if the goalie doesn't win it for you, it isn't going to happen. When you have Reddox chosen as one of your offensive stars you got to start asking yourself, why are some of the proven NHL scorers that once played for this team no longer here... we're talking Leon the neon Reddox on our first line for $#@%% sakes!! And yes, let's get down on Penner cause he does look like hell, and there should be no excuse for it... but you can bet that this guy can still play in the NHL, and when either the system (coach) or Penner's postal code is changed, when put in a position to play to his strengths, he will in fact IMO earn his contract.

This year very well could end for the OIL like last year, and the year before that... ask yourself, like the three prospects mentioned playing on the farm, is this team any closer to being better then the year before, or a legitimate playoff team?? Have you enjoyed watching the product?

When will it finally not be the players fault, and when do we look at what sort of system the coach has developed as possibly not working... do we know how good, or bad JDD is yet, and when do we find out?? Has Hemsky been developed, or is his talent smothered, and who is exactly going to score our goals next year?? We're no further ahead, and after watching the Leafs for the last few weeks one might ask if they are not a better team than the OIL are today. They don't have as much talent but they sure are a lot more fun to watch, especially to what the OIL have provided their fans this year... How is that?? Oh yes, according to the experts, the Leaf's prospects are rated below to what the OIL supposedly have... and I bet they were not even counting on Leon the neon Reddox!!? Who knew?

Thanks for the opportunity to vent, as I feel better now!
Think you should capitalize "neon" but agree with everything else you said. Especially that Brule, Schremp and Potulny are praying to the hockey gods to get them out of this trainwreck of an organization.

They now realize what was will always be - every day is Groundhog Day in Oilerland. Thanks, MacLowish!

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post
Think you should capitalize "neon" but agree with everything else you said. Especially that Brule, Schremp and Potulny are praying to the hockey gods to get them out of this trainwreck of an organization.

They now realize what was will always be - every day is Groundhog Day in Oilerland. Thanks, MacLowish!
I imagine Stone & Linglet would also be in that group even though they haven't been here long!

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
was that knee or ankle?

Christ he needs to learn the technique for blocking a shot. What the hell was he doing up here in Edmonton with MacT!
I was at the game and wasn't sure if it was a knee or if it hit his stones..........Ouch indeed! Brule also was boarded face first earlier in the game,so i wonder if he will start to just go through the motions and play the string of games out...........

Old
03-01-2009, 11:02 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Where's Peckham tonight??? Bina in over Bisaillon is a disgrace.
Among the scratches Theo Peckham was listed as; Edmonton,god i hope he gets rid of that ''Edmonton Flu'' i heard it makes you sluggish,boring,and have a need to go as far away as they can from anything related to MacT!

Old
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
You need to catch more AHL action Bud Wait for the Chicken dance and Springfield's favorite "Sweet Caroline". No I'm not kidding
EVERYONE NOW!!!! Beaks,Wings,Tailfeathers,and (4) Claps...........All Together Now!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UV3kRV46Zs

BBO, i guess you're not a Boston Red Sox fan,SWEET CAROLINE is their song!

Old
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone View Post
Oilers got him in a trade, sent him to the minors.
What? You never heard of the ''BEAR LINE"', Yogi,Smokey,Winni the Pooh!

Old
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Its good to see Chorney and Wild being so active up the ice.
Daum took the straight jackets off the defensemen,Chorney,Wild,and Bina.......they can push the puck up ice at will now........

Old
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
I guess Daum isn't teaching discipline.
No, he is trying to correct what the previous teacher instilled in his players! It will take time!

Old
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilers View Post
Since Daum took over is there any marked difference in the team, or is this pretty much the way they've been all season? I'm watching the defence get pinned in thier own end. They can't keep the puck in the offensive zone. The PK looks the same as the parent club. I'm getting worried man this whole lazy play in your own end for huge blocks of time seems to be a philosophy that's being taught to them?
Marked difference, Yes! Daum let the offensive defensemen get involved in the offence by rushing the puck up ice (never did that before) ,and they also crash the net now.Jake Taylor is out for a 2nd injury this season and without him this defense just isn't the same.The lines Daum put together are better than the previous line combinations,and he is trying to get the PP in order to actually score some goals.On the PK it has been much better because of his players he has put out there to foil their opponents.Daum also wants his players to shoot the puck more,but they need to be reprogramed from the previous teachings and it will take time,i will be interested to see what a Daum team can do from training camp until the playoffs,i believe it will be a big difference now to then!

If you take the Springfield Falcons Pre Daum Era they might of averaged (2) goals a game and now with Daum it might 3 or 4 goals a game average,the only thing is they need to win those games but it doesn't always translate into W's like it should since putting more goals per game should equate into wins on the scoreboard.

Old
03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
BBO's Falcons 3 Stars...

1st Star-#20 Geoff Paukovich
In a game where the opposition was 0-9 on the PP Pauko was a big part of that and scored the teams lone goal while on thd PK.

2nd Star-#40 Devan Dubnyk
Again, having that good of a PK means that your goaltender has to be sharp, he was and also made a few big stops, especially the one where he went cross crease to stop a sure goal.

3rd Star-#18 Colin McDonald
2nd solid game in a row by Colin, created a few chances and was also relied upon heavily on the PK.

HM-#44 Rob Schremp
Didn't do much, but still did more than most.
Daum seems to like Colin's play,so it isn't a bad thing for him,he just needs to take advantage of the opportunity and play consistantly.

Old
03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Yeah, he'd probably be the teams 3rd/4th most talented forward yet he does very little with that talent. As you can see, Lerg's game has dropped off the map. He should be better next year (I hope) or his upside may not be as high as you and I would like.

Bina over Bisaillon is a joke. Bisiallon's slapper is something that they could've used on the PP and at the end of the game tonight.
BBO,i see ODH has joined our Bisaillon bandwagon! lol Sebastein has much more size tha Rob Bina,has a more accurate and a rocket of a slapshot too!

Sebastein Bisaillon.....................
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=70714

Rob Bina...................................
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=69829