HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2 Vancouver Deals: w/ T-Bay & Phoenix

Old
02-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Warren Piece

vCash: 500
Overpayment on both. That doesn't mean I don't want Recchi and Reinprecht though.

Warren Piece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:30 PM
0123456789*

Recci wont get anything more than a 5th round pick and im leaning towards him being waived. The guy is a useless player who would often be a healthy scratch on most playoff teams. I say this as being very familiar with him.

Reinprecht wont get a top prospect like Raymond, more like a 2nd round pick, mo more.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Both trades look pretty good to me, Recchi would be great in Van city.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:36 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
Recci wont get anything more than a 5th round pick and im leaning towards him being waived. The guy is a useless player who would often be a healthy scratch on most playoff teams. I say this as being very familiar with him.
Wow... I haven't disagreed with anyone more in a long time.

I respect people's opinions, but this one makes me shake my head a bit.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
0123456789*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanCanuck View Post
Wow... I haven't disagreed with anyone more in a long time.

I respect people's opinions, but this one makes me shake my head a bit.
good, maybe you know more than me or im missing something. We will see I guess.

I will be shocked if he gets traded though, not because Tbay wont shop him but because no one will offer anything.

Old
02-28-2009, 09:49 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
good, maybe you know more than me or im missing something. We will see I guess.

I will be shocked if he gets traded though, not because Tbay wont shop him but because no one will offer anything.
You very obviously havent seen Recchi play this year.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
icedscorpion021

Lets give Reinprecht a little bit of credit. He's a decent second line center, even though he would be slotting in number 3 for the Canucks. Every year of his career except his rookie year and this season he's been between 0.55 and 0.7 PPG, and this season he's only barely below that. Over 82 games, he's likely to give you 50-55 points, and can fill in nicely on a top line if someone gets injured. He's been centering Doan's line much of the time in Phoenix, inlcuding 3 min a game on the PP. He's defensively responsible, can kill penalties, and is a +4 on a fairly bad Phoenix team this season.

He's nothing spectacular, but he's given consistent stats every year he's been in the NHL, and did win the Stanley Cup with the Avalanche a number of years ago. Its not like we're talking about any old AHL call-up here. Reinprecht is a very solid NHL player, and you could certainly win the cup with him as a 6-7th best forward on your team, as he would be on Vancouver.

As for the deal itself, the value doesn't seem too bad from a Coyotes fan's perspective. I'm not terribly familiar with what Raymond does well, but it looks like he's been playing fourth line minutes lately. We need guys who can win faceoffs, and raymond's numbers are pretty bad in a small sample size. Another solid penalty kill forward would be nice, and I'm not sure that's Raymond's place either. We've got more forwards looking for NHL ice time next year than we know what to do with: Porter, Kolarik, Turris and MacLean are all in San Antonio and could easily make the roster next year, and Raymond isn't significantly better than any of those guys. I wouldn't complain if Maloney made that deal, but Raymond doesn't seem to fill a hole in the Coyotes roster. If there's another young guy who's either a defenseman or can win faceoffs of similar value to Raymond, I'd be more enthusiastic about making the deal.

icedscorpion021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedscorpion021 View Post
Lets give Reinprecht a little bit of credit. He's a decent second line center, even though he would be slotting in number 3 for the Canucks. Every year of his career except his rookie year and this season he's been between 0.55 and 0.7 PPG, and this season he's only barely below that. Over 82 games, he's likely to give you 50-55 points, and can fill in nicely on a top line if someone gets injured. He's been centering Doan's line much of the time in Phoenix, inlcuding 3 min a game on the PP. He's defensively responsible, can kill penalties, and is a +4 on a fairly bad Phoenix team this season.

He's nothing spectacular, but he's given consistent stats every year he's been in the NHL, and did win the Stanley Cup with the Avalanche a number of years ago. Its not like we're talking about any old AHL call-up here. Reinprecht is a very solid NHL player, and you could certainly win the cup with him as a 6-7th best forward on your team, as he would be on Vancouver.

As for the deal itself, the value doesn't seem too bad from a Coyotes fan's perspective. I'm not terribly familiar with what Raymond does well, but it looks like he's been playing fourth line minutes lately. We need guys who can win faceoffs, and raymond's numbers are pretty bad in a small sample size. Another solid penalty kill forward would be nice, and I'm not sure that's Raymond's place either. We've got more forwards looking for NHL ice time next year than we know what to do with: Porter, Kolarik, Turris and MacLean are all in San Antonio and could easily make the roster next year, and Raymond isn't significantly better than any of those guys. I wouldn't complain if Maloney made that deal, but Raymond doesn't seem to fill a hole in the Coyotes roster. If there's another young guy who's either a defenseman or can win faceoffs of similar value to Raymond, I'd be more enthusiastic about making the deal.
Great points - thanks for the feedback.

Raymond is a winger, which would explain his poor faceoff stats. He'd only take the draw if his centre was waived.

Raymond played in the NHL young stars game this year, and is all about speed. He's lightning quick - probably top ten in the league.

If his hands ever catch up to his skates, he'll be dynamite. That's why he's a gamble. He could never pan out, or he could be a steal - you never know.

And FYI - I fully agree with your assessment of Reinprecht. People seem to think that solid 2-way centers are a dime-a-dozen, and that if you're not trading for Ovechkin or Crosby - it's a bad deal.

Old
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Bolt32

Quote:

Reinprecht wont get a top prospect like Raymond, more like a 2nd round pick, mo more.
Thank you I needed that.....I'm going to go on a limb here and say you haven't seen any lightning games this year. I'll be disappointed if the bolts take less than a second for him. Hes been awesome this year, and this is coming from a guy that at first didn't want him in Tampa.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:38 PM
icedscorpion021

Quote:
Great points - thanks for the feedback.

Raymond is a winger, which would explain his poor faceoff stats. He'd only take the draw if his centre was waived.

Raymond played in the NHL young stars game this year, and is all about speed. He's lightning quick - probably top ten in the league.

If his hands ever catch up to his skates, he'll be dynamite. That's why he's a gamble. He could never pan out, or he could be a steal - you never know.

And FYI - I fully agree with your assessment of Reinprecht. People seem to think that solid 2-way centers are a dime-a-dozen, and that if you're not trading for Ovechkin or Crosby - it's a bad deal.
Thanks for the information on Raymond.

No disrespect to him, but the Coyotes basically have three guys in that mold already in Lisin, Lindstrom and even Boedker are small, fast and can score. Lisin's got incredible wheels and is tied for fourth on the team in goals, but his problem is that he's beyond absymal defensively (-18 in 42 games!!!) Lindstrom's at 18 points in 34 games with PHX this year, and Boedker's had an okay rookie season (24 points at 18 years old). They're all similar players to Mason Raymond. Raymond just doesn't fill a need, given the Coyotes current roster and prospect pool.

Your posted deal, however, is exactly the sort I'd want to see the Coyotes get for their vets at the deadline. A young guy, basically ready to contribute in the NHL next season. Only preferably on defense, because Morris is practically gone, Klee's ancient, and Hale is not particularly good.

icedscorpion021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I think its going to take a mid to high prospect with that 2nd round pick to land Recchi. Not because hes necessarily worth that...but because he will be in demand and you know how supply and demand works.
Pittsburgh Penguins traded Mark Recchi to the Carolina Hurricanes for Niklas Nordgren, Krystofer Kolanos and a 2nd round selection in 2007.

That's what he was traded for last. Where's this so called mid-high prospect ?

Recchi for a pick and maybe a ****** prospect with an upside of a 3rd/4th liner if they get lucky.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Both deals are actually pretty fair value wise (for this time of year) and make sense (in terms of need). Good work.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Would Tampa do Recchi for a third?

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:23 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
Unless Brian Lawton posts here, I'm not sure anyone can answer that.

Old
02-28-2009, 11:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
I don't really see him as part of their future plans, so I guess whoever gives the best offer, gets him.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Coyote_Fan

as a Coyotes fan sure I'd do that.

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
No for both. Why would you waste a 2nd on Recchi?

Quote:

Just wanted to point out to the "Recchi is washed up" club that he just had a 5-point night tonight against the Flames.

THAT is why team's will come a-knockin' for his services by Wednesday.

He's a cup winning, veteran, 2-way winger... with plenty of gas left in the tank for a playoff run. EASILY worth a 2nd round pick.

Old
03-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
He was unstoppable tonight. Great timing for the Lightning.

Bish please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
PoolChamp

Quote:
Just wanted to point out to the "Recchi is washed up" club that he just had a 5-point night tonight against the Flames.

THAT is why team's will come a-knockin' for his services by Wednesday.

He's a cup winning, veteran, 2-way winger... with plenty of gas left in the tank for a playoff run. EASILY worth a 2nd round pick.
yeah I watched that game tonight... I take back what I said. He is playing amazing for an old man.

PoolChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
jabberhockey

Thought I might see this thread get bumped after Recchi's performance tonight. He would definitely be a good pickup for the Canucks.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
He was unstoppable tonight. Great timing for the Lightning.
Haha ya no kidding.

Lawton on phone with other GM: "Uhhhh, yeahhh....Remember that whole '2nd round pick for Recchi' thing?

Other GM: Ya, we were about to sign the papers

Lawton: Uhhh, Yahhhh....about that. I'm gonna have to go ahead and up the asking price.

Other GM: What...Why?

Lawton: Uhhh, Yahhh...Just watch Sport Center tonight.

You need to visualize it with Lawton talking like "Lumberg".

Old
03-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Mr Underhill

If Recchi scores a hat-trick on Tuesday then we're getting a 1st!!!

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
GoNucksGo

Raymond is a great player there is no way the canucks would trade him and a pick for a player whos best season was in 02 03 when the Avs were a great team also raymond is still so young

GoNucksGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedscorpion021 View Post
Thanks for the information on Raymond.

No disrespect to him, but the Coyotes basically have three guys in that mold already in Lisin, Lindstrom and even Boedker are small, fast and can score. Lisin's got incredible wheels and is tied for fourth on the team in goals, but his problem is that he's beyond absymal defensively (-18 in 42 games!!!) Lindstrom's at 18 points in 34 games with PHX this year, and Boedker's had an okay rookie season (24 points at 18 years old). They're all similar players to Mason Raymond. Raymond just doesn't fill a need, given the Coyotes current roster and prospect pool.

Your posted deal, however, is exactly the sort I'd want to see the Coyotes get for their vets at the deadline. A young guy, basically ready to contribute in the NHL next season. Only preferably on defense, because Morris is practically gone, Klee's ancient, and Hale is not particularly good.
Well if it's a faceoff man (plus decent on setting up goal scorers and in the shootout) the Canuck player you are discribing would be Wellwood rather than Raymond. Raymond is speed. Wellwood is much slower, but with his short stick, is a faceoff artist and sees the ice very well. As Wellwood is the Canuck's current 3rd line centre, I don't know if either team would benefit on such a trade or not.

Wellwood has to stop taking so many penalties as he has lately though (laughs loudly).

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM
0123456789*

time will prove me right, you wont be seeing a high pick for him. like I say 5th or so, or a conditional pick.

having said that sure i could be worng and maybe gm's look at stats rather then scout the player and are willing to overpay.