HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins make monster offer for Kaberle

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
  #251
yohan1212
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale View Post
Are you suggesting that Burke should take whatever he can simply because he's rebuilding?
No but the offer aint that bad. If Burke thinks he is getting one of boston's top 6 fowards i think he will find the talking ends there. Boston will prob. up the ante by adding hunwick or lashoff but thats as far as i see them going. If burke turns that down i would be perfectly comfortable with chirelli stopping talks there.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:10 PM
  #252
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
What about...

Sobotka
Colborne
Lashoff/Hunwick
1st in 09

for

Kaberle

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
  #253
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about...

Sobotka
Colborne
Lashoff/Hunwick
1st in 09

for

Kaberle

Take out Sobotka.
Put Hamill in for Colborne.

Deal.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  #254
reffree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ste-justine québec
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
MONSTER OFFER,haha. Burke should not and hopefully will not accept this low ball offer.Kabs should easily get more than what the Bruins are offering.
So you'll gladly offer your 2009 first + Mcdonough + a 3rd + "easily more"

That's interesting !

You should go for it

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
  #255
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Take out Sobotka.
Put Hamill in for Colborne.

Deal.
nah...I'll stick with mine...

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
  #256
IWD
Playoff-hardened
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
No but the offer aint that bad. If Burke thinks he is getting one of boston's top 6 fowards i think he will find the talking ends there. Boston will prob. up the ante by adding hunwick or lashoff but thats as far as i see them going. If burke turns that down i would be perfectly comfortable with chirelli stopping talks there.
It's not that good, either. To be perfectly honest, if that's the offer I received, I would think PC was trying to low-ball me. And I'd probably tell him I'd look elsewhere so that he knows to come back with serious offers only.

I wouldn't give up one of the best defensemen in the league for a bunch of question marks. Would you?

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
  #257
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
nah...I'll stick with mine...
You'd and the Leafs would be the only ones.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
  #258
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewind Dale View Post
I wouldn't give up one of the best defensemen in the league for a bunch of question marks. Would you?
Apparently a lot of people here (if this thread is any indication) would.

Which is dubious thinking, to be sure. Three absolute NHL unknowns...for Kaberle?

No way, no how. Another pipedream of those who worship to the unknown future.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
  #259
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Take out Sobotka.
Put Hamill in for Colborne.

Deal.
Well in that case why not just put Frogren in for Kaberle.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  #260
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Am I the only Bruins fan who wants no part of Kaberle? Especially if it means giving up Colbourne.

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  #261
bambam8823
 
bambam8823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Apparently a lot of people here (if this thread is any indication) would.

Which is dubious thinking, to be sure. Three absolute NHL unknowns...for Kaberle?

No way, no how. Another pipedream of those who worship to the unknown future.
If they're in the U.S., they must have voted for Obama...

bambam8823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
  #262
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Well in that case why not just put Frogren in for Kaberle.
Because Frogren doesn't get you a sniff at any of those assets from Boston by themself let alone all three together. Of course, if you ask a Leafs fan he's likely at least worth a 1st.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 02:04 PM
  #263
Chea*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Because Frogren doesn't get you a sniff at any of those assets from Boston by themself let alone all three together. Of course, if you ask a Leafs fan he's likely at least worth a 1st.
Bruin fans think every young player they have is untouchable. It's impossible for them to be realistic about trading one of their players.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
  #264
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
This thread is still open? Didn't Burke just say that it was all fabricated?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.