HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque Injury

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2009, 08:45 PM
  #26
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode
 
Walkingthroughforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 500
According to the Fan, apparently the Flames are telling them that Langkow is not out 2-3 weeks, but day to day still at this point. He could return the game after next

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:33 PM
  #27
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,089
vCash: 50
Bourque is a loss for sure, on the bright side though we will get to see how deep the Flames are. We will be ok, others will have to fill in and step up.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 02:46 AM
  #28
Eb0la11
Registered User
 
Eb0la11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
I agree. I think Lundmark can step in and get some pts. Rene Bourque is tough to replace the way he's playing but Lundmark for some reason strikes me as a very late bloomer and this, his second time with the Flames, he looks a lot more creative and a lot more confident with the puck. Id like to see him on a bigger stretch of games.

On a side note. I fear for the productive return of Bourque. He relies so much on skating that this could hurt his stock well past when he gets back into games. We might see him match his production again this season.

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2009, 04:53 AM
  #29
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,067
vCash: 500
Damn, that's some bad news.

It'll be interesting to see if someone steps up, if this changes Sutter's plan heading into the deadline...

Interesting times ahead...

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
  #30
Puckz
Registered User
 
Puckz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Just wondering if there was a further update on Bourque's status or if we have to wait a little longer.

A poster here has said 6-8 weeks... 6 weeks put him back in early April so we'd have him back to playoffs...

The guys on TSN when discussing the deadline though made it almost seem as though he's done for the year and that the Flames may have to seek out additional scoring depth.

Anyone heard much since last week?

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
  #31
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz View Post
Just wondering if there was a further update on Bourque's status or if we have to wait a little longer.

A poster here has said 6-8 weeks... 6 weeks put him back in early April so we'd have him back to playoffs...

The guys on TSN when discussing the deadline though made it almost seem as though he's done for the year and that the Flames may have to seek out additional scoring depth.

Anyone heard much since last week?
6-8 weeks is probably the begining of the 2nd round of the playoffs... so he could very well be done for the year... and when he does return its unfair to expect him to be where he was... he will be a 4th liner when returning... the bourque we all love is done for the year

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
  #32
Puckz
Registered User
 
Puckz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
6-8 weeks is probably the begining of the 2nd round of the playoffs... so he could very well be done for the year... and when he does return its unfair to expect him to be where he was... he will be a 4th liner when returning... the bourque we all love is done for the year
Not to be too specific, but if it was Feb 20th when they said 6-8, and the Flames regular season isn't over until April 11th (last game)... does that not mean we could hold out some hope for Bourque being back by playoffs if not before?

If Maher was correct, and it is at the later end (being 8 weeks) that still puts him back mid-April, beginning of April for 6 weeks...

I will agree however that for a guy that relies on his skating so heavily an ankle injury can be devastating, especially considering how stubborn of an injury it can be.

I guess we can only hope for a quick recovery and maybe get in a couple games before the playoffs.

Just was wondering if there was any news to say that it was going to be longer than the previously mentioned 6-8 weeks.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
  #33
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckz View Post
Not to be too specific, but if it was Feb 20th when they said 6-8, and the Flames regular season isn't over until April 11th (last game)... does that not mean we could hold out some hope for Bourque being back by playoffs if not before?

If Maher was correct, and it is at the later end (being 8 weeks) that still puts him back mid-April, beginning of April for 6 weeks...

I will agree however that for a guy that relies on his skating so heavily an ankle injury can be devastating, especially considering how stubborn of an injury it can be.

I guess we can only hope for a quick recovery and maybe get in a couple games before the playoffs.

Just was wondering if there was any news to say that it was going to be longer than the previously mentioned 6-8 weeks.
the odds of a quick recovery on a high ankle sprain are slim... and i would go as far to say 6-8 weeks is being hopeful... also when I think 8 weeks i just automatically add 2 months lol... and that would be mid-late 1st round... i think players take longer to come back from injury in the playoffs too just because of conditioning aspects... i think i would go as far as saying if we want to see Bourque playing at the level he was... we need a finals appearance... and I think thats what the guys off TSN are looking at too... high ankle sprains just take forever to recover from... as for his timetable... nothing has changed

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
  #34
Puckz
Registered User
 
Puckz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the odds of a quick recovery on a high ankle sprain are slim... and i would go as far to say 6-8 weeks is being hopeful... also when I think 8 weeks i just automatically add 2 months lol... and that would be mid-late 1st round... i think players take longer to come back from injury in the playoffs too just because of conditioning aspects... i think i would go as far as saying if we want to see Bourque playing at the level he was... we need a finals appearance... and I think thats what the guys off TSN are looking at too... high ankle sprains just take forever to recover from... as for his timetable... nothing has changed
Makes sense... ankle's are such a pain in the butt... like you said never seem to recover on time. It's too bad.

Well it'll be interested to see what we do, if anything, in the next couple days here.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.