Notices

Make your trade deadline predictions

Old
03-01-2009, 10:35 PM
AndersEriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
you guys realize Clemmensen is subject to re-entry waivers right?
It never ceases to amaze me how people act as if they know what they are talking about when in fact they couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Clemmensen was up as an emergency call-up and had to be sent down when Brodeur was activated or else he would have been subject to waivers to move down later.

Weekes would have to clear waivers to go down.

Thus, Clemmensen was sent down in order for the Devils to keep all 3 goalies.

Clemmensen can be called back up after the trade deadline without having to clear re-entry waivers.

Quote:
What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence.
Study up on your Ludwig and your CBA.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Let's say that the rumors saying that the Habs and the Flames are talking trade are accurate, what would you think of such a deal?

To CGY: Hamrlik and ??? (prospect and/or pick)
To MTL: Aucoin and 2009 1st round pick

The Flames get an upgrade on D. Hamrlik is also a solid veteran and he already played for the Flames.

The Habs get an interesting asset in Aucoin (he brings help on D and he is a UFA to be anyway). The 1st could then be part of another deal.

Thoughts?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
AndersEriksson*

Thoughts: Aucoin is better and cheaper than Hamrlik so why wouldn't we want to give you a 1st rounder on top of that?

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Let's say that the rumors saying that the Habs and the Flames are talking trade are accurate, what would you think of such a deal?

To CGY: Hamrlik and ??? (prospect and/or pick)
To MTL: Aucoin and 2009 1st round pick

The Flames get an upgrade on D. Hamrlik is also a solid veteran and he already played for the Flames.

The Habs get an interesting asset in Aucoin (he brings help on D and he is a UFA to be anyway). The 1st could then be part of another deal.

Thoughts?
if the Flames wanted to be sodomized with Hamrlik's contract they would have signed him themselves,,, when Hamrlik asked for that much Sutter told hi to buy a lottery ticket

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
GoFlames

No thanks. I am liking how Aucoin is playing now. He has 10 goals so far and I think if Sutter wants he could sign him for the Sutter discount next year say 2.5 - 3 range... I would like HAmrlik but that contract is out there...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 12:59 AM
indigosurf

Forward:
Mark Recchi

Defense:
Derek Morris

Goaltender:
Manny Legace

Recchi has proven that he can still play in the big leagues, last season when Pittsburgh got rid of him, remember how he went to Atlanta and suddenly started getting points almost every game? Well imagine how well he'd do on a team like Calgary with all the depth we've got this year, I think he'd fit in quite nicely.

Same thing applies to Morris, he was drafted by the Flames, so I think a return wouldn't hurt. With the injury of Giordano, I think Morris would round out the Flames defensive core nicely.

And for goalies, I was hovering somewhere in the middle between Gerber and Legace. Gerber's had an overall pretty bad year, and Legace's appearently a bad role model for younger players, but I think if Legace found himself on a cup-contending team like the Flames, he'd be on his best behaviour. And hey, he's a former All-Star from a season or two ago, he'd be a great fit to back up Kipper.

indigosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Saklander

F - Olli Jokinen

Saklander is offline   Reply With Quote