HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you guys most like to see us get?

Old
02-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Predsrule

vCash: 500
who would you guys most like to see us get?

Now I'm talking players that can be had and I dont see us making an offer for a big player anytime soon look for some moves like we made last year like Brandon Bochenski and Jan Hlavac.. i thought Hlavac ended up being a really good deal seems we paid what a 7th?

kind of deal like this do you guys see happening?

some i think...
Dan Ryder one season left at .773 (hes playing in newfoundland again and puting up some good numbers) CGY fans want to get rid of this guy hes can put up points and would be a good young guy to get for cheep// he was the mvp in the playoffs for his team why not take a flyer?

Andrew Ladd one season left at 1.55... i dont know how much it would cost to get this guy from Chi but hes a guy i think could do really well on the preds

Rob Schremp RFA... now I know kid has some holes in his game but I think he can be had for cheep and he plays the wing in AHL so could help us there...

Petr Prucha RFA... once scored 28 seems to be not wanted in NYR again had for cheep might do somthing here given the chance...

Jonathan Cheechoo 2 seasons 3mill...I put this here bc lets have it hes not the player he used to be but hes not really old...San Jose may move him to make cap room for Mike Grier,Ryane Clowe, and some others kinda pricey kinda high risk for us but still might be worth it

Radim Vrbata (if bought out this summer) probably sign for cheep all depends on how hes doing over where hes playing now i guess..

Michel Ouellet UFA... again sign for cheep not sure how hes doing in the ahl right now but hes able to put up points at times...

now mostly nothing big here i know just some little tweaks I can see happening.. of them all Id love to get Andrew Ladd....feel free to rip and add some players you guys can see =)

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 12:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Dan Ryder might not even make the NHL and has had trouble scoring in the AHL. He's only 22, but he's not a solution.

I doubt Ladd is available.

Schremp is a lot like Cal O'Reilly. Trotz and I have similar feelings on Cal. (That means no.)

Prucha will likely never live up to that 30 goal season he scored on a line with Jagr. He could probably be another good throw-away finding for Poile, though, and we might be able to hang onto him, unlike Hlavac.

Cheechoo is too much money for a player underacheiving the way he is. He's not worth taking a chance on despite a respectable track record.

Vrbata is one of the most inconsistent players to ever skate in the NHL on a regular basis.

Ouellet skates like he's standing on a shag rug. Having actually had a couple of opportunities to see him play... he doesn't really bring anything we don't already have or can't find within our own organiation.

All that said, I would rank your options like this:

1. Ladd
2. Prucha
3. Schremp
4. Cheechoo (ranked lower mainly due to his contract)
5. Ouellet
6. Vrbata
7. Ryder

The player I want the most is Alexei Ponikarovsky. The guy is huge and is a consistent 20-goal scorer.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Dan Ryder might not even make the NHL and has had trouble scoring in the AHL. He's only 22, but he's not a solution.

I doubt Ladd is available.

Schremp is a lot like Cal O'Reilly. Trotz and I have similar feelings on Cal. (That means no.)

Prucha will likely never live up to that 30 goal season he scored on a line with Jagr. He could probably be another good throw-away finding for Poile, though, and we might be able to hang onto him, unlike Hlavac.

Cheechoo is too much money for a player underacheiving the way he is. He's not worth taking a chance on despite a respectable track record.

Vrbata is one of the most inconsistent players to ever skate in the NHL on a regular basis.

Ouellet skates like he's standing on a shag rug. Having actually had a couple of opportunities to see him play... he doesn't really bring anything we don't already have or can't find within our own organiation.

All that said, I would rank your options like this:

1. Ladd
2. Prucha
3. Schremp
4. Cheechoo (ranked lower mainly due to his contract)
5. Ouellet
6. Vrbata
7. Ryder

The player I want the most is Alexei Ponikarovsky. The guy is huge and is a consistent 20-goal scorer.
for the most part I do agree but I just look at who we have and who we have coming up... and it makes you realize how much how much they had invested in rads...and was just thinking of a move like Hlavac last year who when done you said mah no big deal.... but given the chance was able to do good def worth what we paid... Poni is one i have thought about just forgot when I made my post lol .... yes i think he would be good with Legwand and shouldn't cost much to resign after next year.. all in all I just think we need to add at least 1 more top 6 now and some depth in the ahl that could maybe step up wouldn't hurt (thus rider).. i think if we do nothing team is going to fall up front .. and i do think were going to make at least one small move in the next couple of weeks bc were still fighting for a playoff spot and im sure ownership would LOVE at least 2 home games

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

A few guys I wouldn't mind seeing in a Preds uniform:

Bill Guerin ($4,500,000 - UFA)
Richard Park ($750,000 - $750,000 - UFA)
Nik Antropov ($2,050,000 - UFA)
Matt Stajan ($1,750,000 - $1,750,000 - RFA)

There a few others, but these are some somewhat realistic ideas to toss around..

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 04:52 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Poni or Antropov out of Toronto

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 10:20 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

hey I was just going around people's boards, getting the feel for what people want from Toronto, and I would have to say that if you made a pitch for Poni (probably not Antropov because he would cost you a lot more, and you guys draft really well might I add) he would likely cost you a second round pick and a lesser pick (kinda like the rumor that was going around of him getting traded to Vancouver) or a mid-tier prospect... on another board people were saying Poni for Franson straight up.. not sure if you would do that or not, but that's the thoughts on other people's minds.. just thought I would share.

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
hey I was just going around people's boards, getting the feel for what people want from Toronto, and I would have to say that if you made a pitch for Poni (probably not Antropov because he would cost you a lot more, and you guys draft really well might I add) he would likely cost you a second round pick and a lesser pick (kinda like the rumor that was going around of him getting traded to Vancouver) or a mid-tier prospect... on another board people were saying Poni for Franson straight up.. not sure if you would do that or not, but that's the thoughts on other people's minds.. just thought I would share.
I highly doubt Poile would pull the trigger on just about any move involving Franson. No way Poni for Franson straight up. I would love to see Poni on the Preds, for the right price of course.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Gilligans Island

Cheechoo is finally healthy again. He's just the odd man out in the Sharks' top 6. On any other team, he should be a top 6 forward so considering that $3m cap hit isn't that much...

Would you trade Zanon + your 2nd for Cheechoo? Sharks could use a depth dman and a pick for Cheechoo.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:10 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks junkie View Post
Cheechoo is finally healthy again. He's just the odd man out in the Sharks' top 6. On any other team, he should be a top 6 forward so considering that $3m cap hit isn't that much...

Would you trade Zanon + your 2nd for Cheechoo? Sharks could use a depth dman and a pick for Cheechoo.
Cheechoo's value has dropped significantly. There's no way I would do that trade. Too bad it seems injuries have derailed his career.

If we are going that route I would rather see one of the Toronto boys coming here.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i would rather have cheechoo than either of the toronto guys...but we can't really afford to lose Zanon. I think we're more looking to deal picks\prospects...and I will say this now...if we make a trade, I'd bet dollars to donuts Cody Franson is included.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
dulzhok

Hamhuis+ for P. Bergeron!

Then 2nd rd pick for D. Morris.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-03-2009 at 11:23 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
RollingPredFan

Satan! He's on waivers and could help us without having to sacrifice a pick or prospect, and then we could still add someone else....

He's got 17 goals 19 assists, +3.. what do you guys think?

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Jedrik

Do you guys see the Preds being buyers or sellers? Or just sticking with what you have and hoping the sneak into the playoffs with it? Curious.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Do you guys see the Preds being buyers or sellers? Or just sticking with what you have and hoping the sneak into the playoffs with it? Curious.
As odd as it sounds...Poile is in the position of doing both buying and selling. We have pieces that are spare parts here and are UFA's at season's end and then we also have some needs that must be addressed too.

Will be interesting to see how it all works out...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Satan! He's on waivers and could help us without having to sacrifice a pick or prospect, and then we could still add someone else....

He's got 17 goals 19 assists, +3.. what do you guys think?
No. Doesn't fit the culture of this team.

And if Pittsburgh is waiving him with all the secondary scoring they need, he obviously can't be counted on a scorer. And if you can't be counted on a scorer next to Crosby/Malking, he's certainly not going to flurish next to Legwand, Ward, etc.

Old
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
No. Doesn't fit the culture of this team.

And if Pittsburgh is waiving him with all the secondary scoring they need, he obviously can't be counted on a scorer. And if you can't be counted on a scorer next to Crosby/Malking, he's certainly not going to flurish next to Legwand, Ward, etc.
My thoughts exactly. Pass on Satan

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
I highly doubt Poile would pull the trigger on just about any move involving Franson. No way Poni for Franson straight up. I would love to see Poni on the Preds, for the right price of course.
Why? What are we keeping Franson for? If not Franson, then we need to rid ourselves of Blum, Sulzer, or Klein then...

To me, Franson has the most trade value (well Blum does, but I dont think we need to lose him) and I think VK, Franson, and a mid range pick for Poni and Antropov is a fairly even trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks junkie View Post

Zanon and a 4th for Cheechoo...

Zanon is our PK guy. We need a role player like him for the playoffs...

Now, if Sulzer had not gotten hurt and showed that he could play on our 2nd pairing with Hamhuis, I would more apt to taking this trade. But not now with Sulzer being hurt and a relative unknown on the NHL level.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I still stand by my original post. Ponikarovsky.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:38 PM
dulzhok

I wouldn't mind trading Franson, as long as it's for something decent, and NOT for a rental.

Sulzer is next in line to get a permanent place on blueline. We really dont' have the roster space for Franson anytime soon.

Old
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I still stand by my original post. Ponikarovsky.
I second this. or Antropov

I also think Franson should be dangled over Hamhuis, Klein, Blum, Sulzer, or Zanon

I also think that Satan would be a low risk, high reward pick up.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I wouldn't mind trading Franson, as long as it's for something decent, and NOT for a rental.

Sulzer is next in line to get a permanent place on blueline. We really dont' have the roster space for Franson anytime soon.
And that is why you should go after Poni, because he still has one more year on his current contract, he's not a rental, is big can hit and has a tank of a shot when he actually uses it!

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I just said this on the NPboard, but I think Satan would be ideal (and only for 1/4 of his $3.5M contract

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:32 PM
braindead

The assets we have to use (in order of likelihood of using them) IMO:

Koistenen
Minor goalie prospect
O'Reilly
Franson
Hornqvist
Other minor prospects
Ortmeyer
Mid-level prospects
Bonk
Ellis
DeVries
Hamhuis
Klien/Sulzer

Most likely teams to trade with (in order) IMO:

Toronto
Buffalo
Ottawa
Carolina
Philly
Colorado

Some potential trades IMO (most likely in bold):

Antropov for Koistenen and a pick (3rd)
Poni for Koistenen, minor prospect (Maki/Flynn) and a pick (4th)
Poni for Hornqvist and a pick (6th)
Poni for Franson

Afinagenov for a pick (5th)
Connolly or Kotilik plus Lalime for Ellis, Koistenen and two picks (4th and 7th)
Vermette for Ellis and Franson
Vermette for Ellis, Hornqvist and a minor prospect
Chad LaRose for Koistenen and a 5th
Scott Walker for a 7th
Upshall for Ellis and Franson (after trading Biron)
Lupul for Hamhuis (I think Lupul has less value than most think)
Lupul for Ellis, O'Reilly and a pick (ditto)
Lupul for Franson, O'Reilly (ditto)
Svatos for Koistenen, O'Reilly and a pick
Hejduk for O'Reilly and Franson and a pick
....Satan off waivers

Some of these are under-payment some overpayment- I'm guessing not making offers.
I think the Preds wind up keeping DeVries and Bonk for the playoff push.

EDIT: To avoid brick throwing, I have to say I think I'm way off on value on some of these, particularly Vermette.

Last edited by braindead: 03-03-2009 at 11:07 PM.
braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
dulzhok

I kinda like the kinda like the idea of Scott Walker. He's the kind of guy who can turn up the volume. He'd come dirt cheap; only downside is he has another 2.5m left on his contract. Probably a deal killer.

Svatos would be nice. Antroprov for Kosisten and a pick would be hard to pass up on....

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-03-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
It's a big risk. He's an almost no-dimensional player. You put him on the ice, and he's a risk. Especially if he's not scoring.