HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

ryder

Old
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Ryder would not have worked with the Sedins. Im no expert on Ryder but I have never noticed him to go and get the puck off teh boards or forecheck hard, which is what the Sedins need with them unless you are getting a big time player who will make things happen on their own.
Ryder is actually very good along the boards and (while no Lucic) is a solid forechecker.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
rye&ginger

Ok. I have seen him play plenty, but he is usually a non factor in the games Ive seen for some reason. I have him in my pool so I know he is effective though. Its clear Gillis wanted him and made a comprable offer so its was Ryder's choice to not come here. Nothing we can complain about.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:54 AM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbane View Post
So I hold this thread as Exhibit A as to why the Canucks (and the fans) shouldn't hope on using free agency to fill major holes in the line up.

Sign Bouwmeester for 6.5mil
Sign etc for xmil

Whoops Bouwmeester got offered the same/less from another team and went there instead.
No team should plan on UFAs to fix major holes but this year we did pretty well.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM
thefifthsedin*

so who's comparable to a player like that today, a sniper who does - more or less - nothing else than snipe?

a team with crappy fourth liners should be able to afford the space for a guy like that

thefifthsedin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
4 year 16 million is what Gillis offered.

I can't even begin to imagine how many people on these boards would have been flipping out if the Canucks signed him.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote