HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Where's the love?

Old
03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Spoken like a true flyer drink the cool-aid Coatsy fan.
Agreed. There is one winner every year, plain and simple. Every year that we are a "contender" and dont win it is a failure in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
The problem with some of you people is that you think that EVERY player on the team should be good. Theres a reason players play 3rd line, 4th line and second pairing. "if we had better goaltending, better defense..." who? Who can we get that will fit under the cap as a goalie thats going to change this team and who is going to make this team so much better from the back end without giving away half our forwards.
Who in the world ever said or implied that???

Quote:
With a few screwed moves we could be icing this roster (mix and match the top 3 lines however you want)

Well first of all thats assuming we could get jbo for lupul and jones(im assuming you throw in a 1st). Lupul is an underachiever with a raise next year and Jones is a guy you all want us to waive, so how would that land us a blue chip dman? Even if it did that 3rd pairing would be complete TRASH. your best possible scenario has a 3rd pairing of ossi and kukk. Everyone's argument is that ossi played 1st pairing, wow, its really hard to play with fing timonen. When he wasnt with kimmo he looked terrible. In your dream world our 3rd pairing is Ossi who was a constant healthy scratch and kukk who was waived multiple times without ANYONE picking him up even for a price cut! The guy is terrible. Kukk belongs nowhere near an NHL roster and that was proven when nobody picked him up twice! Bu thats what you want as your 3rd pairing?

And in your dream team upshall plays 2nd line? Upshall has all heart, no hope. He runs around like crazy but does he score? Any team with upshall on their second line will not succeed, hes not a scoring forward. your dream team lineup is no better than the one we're putting out on the ice every night.
First off Jones couldnt play with Timonen, he looked like ****.....2nd, Vanduhmeer couldnt play with Timonen, he looked like even softer ****......3rd, No one last year was able to play with Timonen, that was the position we had trouble filling all year.....I guess you forgot that in your attempt to attack me.

I was basing that on what has been rumored, nothing more, nothing less. And I am perfectly fine with a Kukkonen/Vaananen third pairing when your first two pairing are awesome.

Upshall was on the 2nd line with Carter last game, so I guess Stevens is a moron as well and we wont succeed...oh wait..

Vaananen was a constant healthy scratch cause of Steven's man love for Alberts and Jones. He has been better than both all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I'm really just a negative son of a *****, so learn to like it, *******.
Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I'm thinking all these moves are geared toward one of Carle and Jones being shipped to Florida in the exact trade you're talking about. I know you don't like Jones, but the team sees them both as solid second pairing options. Had they dumped Jones in a salary clearing trade they probably wouldn't feel comfortable shipping out Carle for JBo and I don't think this deal gets done without Carle or Jones going back that way along with the other pieces. If they're gearing up to get JBo, having a week of a very tight cap situation was probably a necessary evil.
I agree, I dont think these moves were made in a vaccuum, thats fine. I have been fine with Jones this year.....Problem is he is nothing more than a good 3rd pairing dman, he has proven that last year and this year. When he is asked to play more than that he is terrible. I think Carle has to go the other way cause of salary.

Like someone else said....not all players on the team can be great. You have to sacrifice certain areas to make other areas better. One of those areas can be the third pairing when you have two pairing anchored by Jbo and Timonen.

If you have Jbo and Timonen, do you really need Jones on your 3rd pairing?? Certainly not in my opinion.

Hey, either way, I just threw the thought out there whether Homer has been more lucky than good....Other than a few exceptions, people overreated like immature kids....

As for this thread, I only answered the original post on why we have been negative. Not everyone has to agree with me, but I have a huge problem with people asking questions and then if they disagree with the answer go into immature attack mode.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom
The problem with some of you people is that you think that EVERY player on the team should be good. Theres a reason players play 3rd line, 4th line and second pairing. "if we had better goaltending, better defense..." who? Who can we get that will fit under the cap as a goalie thats going to change this team and who is going to make this team so much better from the back end without giving away half our forwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

Who in the world ever said or implied that???
Everyone that says our couch sucks yet we keep winning.

Everyone that says out GM sucks yet we keep winning.

Every person that said Jones sucks. An before you say its his contract, everyone hated him LAST year. Hes a 3rd apairing dman and people cant accept that and they couldnt accept it when he was paid like one.

Every person that cries about our goaltending situation. Theres very few elite goalies in the NHL and everyone seems to think homer is an idiot because we dont have one.

Every person that complains about what a waste metro was. People act like he was relied on to be a top offensive player. If he sucked as bad as people said he wouldnt have been picked up when we waived him.

Every person that cried about how terrible Alberts was when he first came here, hes a 3rd pairing dman, what do you expect?

Every person that complains about cote, theres a few great fighters out thre and we dont have 1, thats the least of our concerns.

Every person that rips Knuble for not being as good as carter or gagne. Hes a very vital part of this team and yet every game he gets ripped for not having lightning fast speed or soft hands. He could finish a game with a goal, an assist and a penalty and all anyone talks about is how lazy his penalty was.

Everyone that complains that Coburn isnt the best dman in the world. Hes no longer playing with a top dman in the league yet people think he should not only be a shut down dman but also put up 50 points. Hes young and still developing and nobody cares to give him time.

Thats who said or implied it.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
BigBanger

Dude we are hanging on to the Fourth spot by a thread, stop with that non-sense. This is vastly underacheiving team due to multiple reasons. We have on paper superior team to devils in every way but goalie. Reality we are not close we see more shots then Tara Ried.

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post

Dude we are hanging on to the Fourth spot by a thread, stop with that non-sense. This is vastly underacheiving team due to multiple reasons. We have on paper superior team to devils in every way but goalie. Reality we are not close we see more shots then Tara Ried.
What do 50 Cent and Jenna Jameson have in common?

They have both taken at least 5 shots to the face in a single day.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
My couch at home is very comfy...great place for watching games. Not sure what it has to do with the Flyers winning games...Oh, you mean the COACH. I think my only issue there is that he makes bizarre, indefensible decisions with regularity. The Vandermeer situation last year, Jones playing up regularly when he clearly couldn't, never playing Kukkonen or Vaananen, the admitted lack of practicing the shootout (which cost them how many points?!?!), the weird decision on sitting certain people who make mistakes but not others who make the same lazy mistakes...those are my issues. Does he suck? No, I don't think so. Could I do a better job? Jesus no. Hell, I wouldn't WANT the job. I like seeing my family occasionally.

Quote:
I don't think Homer sucks, but they need a capologist he'll listen to at some point. Someone needed to tell him that signing Jones for $2.75 million per is crazy.

Quote:
Every person that said Jones sucks. An before you say its his contract, everyone hated him LAST year. Hes a 3rd apairing dman and people cant accept that and they couldnt accept it when he was paid like one.
Sorry, that's because he does. Too many boneheaded turnovers for my liking. Admittedly, part of the issue here is he gets played too much for his skill level by the coach, but I've never been a big fan of his.

Quote:
Every person that cries about our goaltending situation. Theres very few elite goalies in the NHL and everyone seems to think homer is an idiot because we dont have one.
Bah, this has been going on for years, and I'm not in that group. If one looks at things realistically, the Flyers have done the best they could. My only complaint might be that it's time to try a new goalie coach.

Quote:
Every person that complains about cote, theres a few great fighters out thre and we dont have 1, thats the least of our concerns.
I love Rockin' Riles' heart. He's fighting ability, well, could be better. But no one is braver than that dude.

Quote:
Every person that rips Knuble for not being as good as carter or gagne. Hes a very vital part of this team and yet every game he gets ripped for not having lightning fast speed or soft hands. He could finish a game with a goal, an assist and a penalty and all anyone talks about is how lazy his penalty was.
I've seen a lot less of that lately. I think people are realizing how good he is. I love Knuble. He's a key veteran for this team, and he contributes more than just on the score sheet. But let's not forget how much he contributes. He's scored 20 or more goals every year for the last 6 seasons. That's nothing to laugh at.

Anyway, I think this thread is kinda' weird. Are you all new to following the Flyers or something? Philadelphia fans have always been negative. Well, most of them. The reaction in this thread is bizarre...you want us to all be happy, but then this would be a very boring board. Discussions tend to be driven by disagreements. And while it's odd to find myself on the same side as mikedfr in this kind of argument (see the Eagles threads ), dissent like that serves a vital purpose: being a cause of discussion.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:

Every person that complains about what a waste metro was. People act like he was relied on to be a top offensive player. If he sucked as bad as people said he wouldnt have been picked up when we waived him.

Every person that cried about how terrible Alberts was when he first came here, hes a 3rd pairing dman, what do you expect?

Everyone that complains that Coburn isnt the best dman in the world. Hes no longer playing with a top dman in the league yet people think he should not only be a shut down dman but also put up 50 points. Hes young and still developing and nobody cares to give him time.

Thats who said or implied it.
So we all have to drink the Kool Aid and love everything this team does????

Sorry....If that is what you are looking for go elsewhere.

This team should be the 4th or 5th best team in the league easily....not the conference. The coach is seriously holding them back cause he cant get this team to play like a team on a consistent basis. We still get outshot consistently....we still suck at even strength....we still rarely win unless we score 2-3 power play goals in a game. We have a group of very mobile dmen and still cant move the puck out of the zone. Player that deserved to be playing were sitting in the press box.

Hey, you can be happy with this team if you want. I am happy they dont suck like they did a couple year ago, but I am also a little pissed off cause we should be playing much better than we are when you look at this roster top to bottom and compare it to the other top teams in the league.

Only San Jose, Detroit, Boston are CLEARLY better than we are. And I would probably give the Devils the edge as well. However, our defense 1-6 (before the Havelid addition) is SIGNIFICANTLY more talented than the Devils, yet they were able to get into first place without arguably the greatest goalie of all time and a career minor leaguer taking over......Why? A GOOD COACH AND GOOD STEADY DEFENSIVE SYSTEM THAT DOESNT GIVE UP 1000 SHOTS PER GAME

Last edited by mikedifr: 03-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
My couch at home is very comfy...great place for watching games. Not sure what it has to do with the Flyers winning games...Oh, you mean the COACH. I think my only issue there is that he makes bizarre, indefensible decisions with regularity. The Vandermeer situation last year, Jones playing up regularly when he clearly couldn't, never playing Kukkonen or Vaananen, the admitted lack of practicing the shootout (which cost them how many points?!?!), the weird decision on sitting certain people who make mistakes but not others who make the same lazy mistakes...those are my issues. Does he suck? No, I don't think so. Could I do a better job? Jesus no. Hell, I wouldn't WANT the job. I like seeing my family occasionally.

I don't think Homer sucks, but they need a capologist he'll listen to at some point. Someone needed to tell him that signing Jones for $2.75 million per is crazy.

Sorry, that's because he does. Too many boneheaded turnovers for my liking. Admittedly, part of the issue here is he gets played too much for his skill level by the coach, but I've never been a big fan of his.

Bah, this has been going on for years, and I'm not in that group. If one looks at things realistically, the Flyers have done the best they could. My only complaint might be that it's time to try a new goalie coach.

I love Rockin' Riles' heart. He's fighting ability, well, could be better. But no one is braver than that dude.

I've seen a lot less of that lately. I think people are realizing how good he is. I love Knuble. He's a key veteran for this team, and he contributes more than just on the score sheet. But let's not forget how much he contributes. He's scored 20 or more goals every year for the last 6 seasons. That's nothing to laugh at.

Anyway, I think this thread is kinda' weird. Are you all new to following the Flyers or something? Philadelphia fans have always been negative. Well, most of them. The reaction in this thread is bizarre...you want us to all be happy, but then this would be a very boring board. Discussions tend to be driven by disagreements. And while it's odd to find myself on the same side as mikedfr in this kind of argument (see the Eagles threads ), dissent like that serves a vital purpose: being a cause of discussion.
Welcome to the good side

What I don't get is I was asked the question: Why so negative?? Obviously if someone asks that question they clearly dont agree that I SHOULD be negative, but then when I give the answer, I get attacked and told that I am delusional and stupid. How does that make any sense what-so-ever?

Its like entrapment.....only its not

Last edited by mikedifr: 03-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old
03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
So we all have to drink the Kool Aid and love everything this team does????

Sorry....If that is what you are looking for go elsewhere.
go elsewhere? I should leave the board because I don't complain about every move the flyers make? I'm sorry Im a terrible fan for actually liking my favorite team. It seems like a lot of people here don't love the flyers, they love to hate the flyers. I'm sorry but that's just not me.

Edit: for the record mike I never said you were dumb or anything like that I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. I just think we should all get behind this team.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 03-03-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Get Carter

Good God, Jones gets wayyyyy to much flack. The dude made serious strides last year especially in the playoffs. He has been steady after struggling at first coming back from an injury this year.

Last year Jones had the same amount of points as Rob Blake, Filip Kuba. He had more points than Ruslan Salei, Tom Poti, Kim Johnsson, Toni Lydman, and Derek Morris. What are their cap hits?

Yes, Jones is paired with Andrew Alberts at times, but he averages 20 minutes a game! Please stop calling him a third pair defenseman. He plays the PP and PK and he steps up when others get injured.

But I guess we can blame the minutes he gets on our coach who knows nothing yet has 33 wins and counting.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
IrishSniper87

Jeez guys, shut up!

lol

The reason we criticize every move the FO makes is because we love out team and want to see it succeed.

The only time this FO will get a free pass, is the offseason after Mike Richards hoists Lord Stanley's cup over his head.

And honestly, even then, Negative Nancy's will still talk to much.

This team is not perfect, and has made some bad moves. Let's just move forward and hope the cup gets an extended stay in Philly (and parts of S Jersey, since so many of the players live there).

Until then, expect arguments on this board.

Old
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
The love has certainly left this thread.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The love has certainly left this thread.
There never was any love to begin with, I think that's the point of the thread!

Old
03-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Welcome to the good side
How will I ever live this down?

Quote:
What I don't get is I was asked the question: Why so negative?? Obviously if someone asks that question they clearly dont agree that I SHOULD be negative, but then when I give the answer, I get attacked and told that I am delusional and stupid. How does that make any sense what-so-ever?

Its like entrapment.....only its not
I think the thing that's getting me is that some folks in this thread seem to be interpreting everything as "It's all rainbows and puppy dogs and delicious John Stevens' cakes or get out!" or "Darkness and despair must rule all, or you can leave!". I fail to see why that's the case. I say let people be as positive or negative as they want, and then those of us who have positions on issues that move can be entertained by your eternal struggling to convince the other side of how wrong they are. Oh, wait, I said that out loud.

For the record, I think the Flyers are a good team right now, with some obvious flaws. I'm not expecting much to happen at the deadline, TBH, due to their cap situation, but we'll see. I'd also like for John Stevens to learn how to adapt to other teams a bit better, and maybe get some better coaching done on positioning/defensive zone play.

Oh, and if we can dump Randy Jones on someone, I'd like that too.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
There never was any love to begin with, I think that's the point of the thread!
It started out alright.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
First off, stop being a total jackass. You asked for my opinion and I gave it to you. I dont remember ever saying anything what so ever about the job being easy (although Detroit and NJ sure make it seem that way) or that I can do a better job....although for the record I think I am perfectly capable of it.
How about carrying a conversation without throwing insults, or does it makes you feel better? If it does, and you want to call me all names...it's all good, but it's not very becoming of you mikey.

You think you're capable of coaching/GM'ing an NHL franchise?

Quote:
Yes, he has made a few good moves.....my only point, which I threw out for discussion the other day, instead of actually discussing everyone just started acting like idiots and bashing, was that I am starting to wonder whether Homer has just been LUCKY instead of smart?? Hey, luck is part of it no doubt, it was just a thought I put out there, didnt say it was correct.
I think you need the right amount of smarts, combined with luck...to win.

Quote:
Timonen, Hartnell and Briere were no brainers....They were the best forward, defender and power forward out on the market that year. It didnt take a smart GM to go after them
Briere was a no brainer??? Explain.

You like to complain that Jones is killing the cap, but dismiss Briere. I think if you're going to label Jones' contract as 'bad', you need to look a little closer to that of Brieres.

Quote:
Zhitnik for Coburn ----- What GM, other then the idiot in Atlanta, wouldnt do that trade if you are getting Coburn?? Was that a great move by Homer or just stupidity on the part of Atlanta?
Yeah, okay. Your negativity reigns supreme. Like I said in my other post, you want to pick on the bad...then give credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Forsberg for Parent/Upshall - Yes, nice trade, cant really criticize it, although I think they thought they would get more offense from Upshall.
I'm sure they think lot's of things, just like you and I do. We win some, and we lose some. Upshall is a nice little player, has a hard time scoring but brings some nice energy to the team...I like him. At least when he's not scoring, he's still an effective player.

Quote:
I will give him credit for the Umberger trade and picking Sbisa.
Well done, something positive. See, you can do it.

Quote:
Then you have the Jones contract, the moves for Carle and Alberts because the idiot behind the bench wont use Kukkonen and they didnt want to give Eminger a chance. He signed Metro which was a waste in my opinion from the beginning and hey, look what happened, they waived him.....waiving a $1 million dollar dman that played on your top pairing instead of the $2.7 million third pairing dman when you have major cap issue. He brought in Vanduhmeer and then had to get rid of him cause Stevens was depending on him too much.
Jones got what he was worth to what defenseman were getting. He's a good NHL defenseman, plays both the special team and is a great skater.

Idiot? Stevens? Calder Cup winning coach? Coach that brought us to the ECF last season?

Again, if you actually thought Jones was going to get waived...I really don't know what to tell you. For the tenth time....Ossi wasn't even playing until Kimmo came down with the flu. You're crying over Ossi Vaanenen??? The guy wasn't even in the NHL last year...how good can he be???

Quote:
I dont give a **** what the Islanders and Thrashers have done. Its the same ******** when I get into the McNabb debates with people. This is supposed to be a good team. This is supposed to be a contending team. We were in the conference championship for god sake last year.....Am I supposed to compare them to the **** in the league or the teams that we are supposed to be competing with??? Thing about it for a minute......
Easy tiger, take a deep breath.

Are you insinuating that were not a good team???

You're getting all wound about competing, or not competing...for the Cup and we haven't played a single playoff game.

...think about it for a minute.

Quote:
I dont hate Jones...In fact, in my post, I even said I have been happy with his play this year....still doesnt change the fact that if you are a team with cap issues, you shouldnt have a third pairing dman making $2.7 million.
What about a 3rd line center making 6.5?

Quote:
Ossi made the decision to go to Europe last year to improve his play. He has played in the top 4 where ever he has been. He just isnt spectacular or flashy.
First line defenseman don't need to go to Europe to improve their game, sorry.

First line defenseman don't play for 6 teams inb 10 years. Give it up.

Ossi Vaanenen is a solid guy to add depth to your team, would be nice to have, agreed...but please don't paint him as more than he really is. And for the record, I wish he was still here, I do...but I'm not going to lose sleep over losing a guy that played what...2 games in 1-1/2 weeks?

Quote:
And what in his play over this season warranted Vaananen being in the press box??? Absoltuely nothing..........EXACTLY
Ask the coach, don't ask me. I'm sure he had his reasons.

I'm not saying he's trouble or anything...but do you know all there is to know about the inner workings of the team? If certain guys cause trouble...maybe don't gel with the team...don't take practise seriously...you know, the list goes on. Perhaps, just maybe perhaps...there's more than you and I know about.

Quote:
I didnt like the Carle trade from the beginning and still dont.
That makes two of us, but it's done and it can't be changed. Time to move on.

Quote:
I am not going to speculate on what happens behind the scenes, none of us know....Which is why we have to judge them as we see them.
Disregard my question/comment above.

Quote:
Yeah, with 7 players that should have been in the NHL and two top prospects that would have never seen a minute in the AHL if there was an NHL season that year.....Yeah, Stevens totally did that

And even if he did.....that was the AHL, not the NHL.
Weren't all the other teams in the same situation? Or just Stevens team?

What championship teams have you coached? (NHL09 doesn't count)

Quote:
Yeah, had nothing to do with Biron standing on his head while we were outplayed by Washington and Montreal
We had some very nice goaltending and rode the wave...agreed.

Quote:
Yeah, cause Richards, Pitkanen, Carter, Umberger all played terrible under Hitch....These guys would have flourished regardless of who was coaching here.
Give some credit where it's due.

Hitch doesn't favour young kids, and that's no secret. I don't think you see Richards with as many points now as he would if Hitch were here now.

Since Hitch is so good with kids, why is Filatov in the AHL?

Quote:
Briere wasnt a stupid move by any means. The team needed a #1 center, didnt think Carter and Richards were going to develop so quickly so they went out and signed the best center available. NOT STUPID AT ALL. Who cares about the length of the contract. They can either buy him out or waive him at the end of the deal if needed.
You don't think the length of the Briere contract was too much???

...Really???

Quote:
The Red Wings won two cups with their current goaltender last time I checked...
Yes, they did. The same goalie that they sent home last week.

Quote:
And do I think they do their best??? Most of the time (this organization is loyal to a fault at times, any fan that pays attention to this team knows that)
Okay, we've agreed that 'we' feel that they are doing their best. Step one, accomplished. Thank you. If you truly feel that they are doing the best they can, why rag on every little thing?

I mean, you're married. What if you made the best effort to do things around the house and your wife just nitpicked every little thing to death. Nobody is perfect, nobody.

Quote:
Now you sound like an idiot like JXC....What the hell does the PS3 XBOX have to do with anything??
Cheers.

When you post things that make no sense in the real NHL world, it only leads me to believe that you're in NHL09 mode.

Example: If Jones' contract is so bad, and he's so awful...why would anybody else want him??? If Carle is overpayed...why would anybody else want him??? If Lupul at 4.25 is way too streaky...why would anybody else want him???

That's why XBox and PS3 have 'something' to do with it.

Quote:
It would be perfectly realistic if they made a move for Jbo by trading Lupul/Carle and prospects/picks (which is what has been rumored) and they waived Jones/Alberts and kept Vaananen/Kukkonen.
It's not realistic until it happens. I don't think Lupul and Carle get it done personally. Unless the prospect is JVR, then maybe. I think the package would have to be Lupul, Coburn and JVR.

Vaanenen is gone...no point even discussing about keeping him.

*For the record, 3rd straight game Vaanenen isn't playing for the Canucks. I guess Alain Vigneault is a '****ing idiot' too???

Quote:
What the hell do those games have to do with anything????
The games matter everything based on how you and the other experts here suggest it's disgusting to lose to the Canadiens.

- The Sharks are a better team than the Flyers, fact. Why should they lose to the Canadiens?

- The Red Wings are better than the Flyers, fact. 8 goals against to the Preds??? The Preds aren't known to score many goals.

It matters because you're not going to win every game...these things happen.

Quote:
Again. You asked, I answered. NEXT TIME DONT ASK
Cheers.

Last edited by Opus: 03-03-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
rayearth

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
How about carrying a conversation without throwing insults, or does it makes you feel better? If it does, and you want to call me all names...it's all good, but it's not very becoming of you mikey.

You think you're capable of coaching/GM'ing an NHL franchise?

I think you need the right amount of smarts, combined with luck...to win.

Briere was a no brainer??? Explain.

You like to complain that Jones is killing the cap, but dismiss Briere. I think if you're going to label Jones' contract as 'bad', you need to look a little closer to that of Brieres.

Yeah, okay. Your negativity reigns supreme. Like I said in my other post, you want to pick on the bad...then give credit where credit is due.

I'm sure they think lot's of things, just like you and I do. We win some, and we lose some. Upshall is a nice little player, has a hard time scoring but brings some nice energy to the team...I like him. At least when he's not scoring, he's still an effective player.

Well done, something positive. See, you can do it.

Jones got what he was worth to what defenseman were getting. He's a good NHL defenseman, plays both the special team and is a great skater.

Idiot? Stevens? Calder Cup winning coach? Coach that brought us to the ECF last season?

Again, if you actually thought Jones was going to get waived...I really don't know what to tell you. For the tenth time....Ossi wasn't even playing until Kimmo came down with the flu. You're crying over Ossi Vaanenen??? The guy wasn't even in the NHL last year...how good can he be???

Easy tiger, take a deep breath.

Are you insinuating that were not a good team???

You're getting all wound about competing, or not competing...for the Cup and we haven't played a single playoff game.

...think about it for a minute.

What about a 3rd line center making 6.5?

First line defenseman don't need to go to Europe to improve their game, sorry.

First line defenseman don't play for 6 teams inb 10 years. Give it up.

Ossi Vaanenen is a solid guy to add depth to your team, would be nice to have, agreed...but please don't paint him as more than he really is. And for the record, I wish he was still here, I do...but I'm not going to lose sleep over losing a guy that played what...2 games in 1-1/2 weeks?

Ask the coach, don't ask me. I'm sure he had his reasons.

I'm not saying he's trouble or anything...but do you know all there is to know about the inner workings of the team? If certain guys cause trouble...maybe don't gel with the team...don't take practise seriously...you know, the list goes on. Perhaps, just maybe perhaps...there's more than you and I know about.

That makes two of us, but it's done and it can't be changed. Time to move on.

Disregard my question/comment above.

Weren't all the other teams in the same situation? Or just Stevens team?

What championship teams have you coached? (NHL09 doesn't count)

We had some very nice goaltending and rode the wave...agreed.

Give some credit where it's due.

Hitch doesn't favour young kids, and that's no secret. I don't think you see Richards with as many points now as he would if Hitch were here now.

Since Hitch is so good with kids, why is Filatov in the AHL?

You don't think the length of the Briere contract was too much???

...Really???

Yes, they did. The same goalie that they sent home last week.

Okay, we've agreed that 'we' feel that they are doing their best. Step one, accomplished. Thank you. If you truly feel that they are doing the best they can, why rag on every little thing?

I mean, you're married. What if you made the best effort to do things around the house and your wife just nitpicked every little thing to death. Nobody is perfect, nobody.

Cheers.

When you post things that make no sense in the real NHL world, it only leads me to believe that you're in NHL09 mode.

Example: If Jones' contract is so bad, and he's so awful...why would anybody else want him??? If Carle is overpayed...why would anybody else want him??? If Lupul at 4.25 is way too streaky...why would anybody else want him???

That's why XBox and PS3 have 'something' to do with it.

It's not realistic until it happens. I don't think Lupul and Carle get it done personally. Unless the prospect is JVR, then maybe. I think the package would have to be Lupul, Coburn and JVR.

Vaanenen is gone...no point even discussing about keeping him.

*For the record, 3rd straight game Vaanenen isn't playing for the Canucks. I guess Alain Vigneault is a '****ing idiot' too???

The games matter everything based on how and the other experts here suggest it's disgusting to lose to the Canadiens.

- The Sharks are a better team than the Flyers, fact. Why should they lose to the Canadiens?

- The Red Wings are better than the Flyers, fact. 8 goals against to the Preds??? The Preds aren't known to score many goals.

It matters because you're not going to win every game...these things happen.

Cheers.
Dude.

I refuse to read this much stuff.

Old
03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Dude.

Beat you to it. And I got to use a LOLcat.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Opus

Quote:
Dude.

Penthouse letters take presidence, no problem.

I understand buddy!

Old
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Stonehands77

This thread == Epic Fail. Where's that "Failboat" picture when you need it? At least if we turn this into a LOLCats picture thread, some good will come out of it.

Old
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Opus

It is a fail, but because the negativity nancies came in and poluted a thread with more negativity. Apparently all the other ones weren't enough.

For you Stonehands...

Failboat options

Old
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
go elsewhere? I should leave the board because I don't complain about every move the flyers make? I'm sorry Im a terrible fan for actually liking my favorite team. It seems like a lot of people here don't love the flyers, they love to hate the flyers. I'm sorry but that's just not me.

Edit: for the record mike I never said you were dumb or anything like that I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. I just think we should all get behind this team.
Nothing against you....you didnt say anything juvenile and immature. I just happened to respond to your post. My apologies.

Nobody said you are a terrible fan for liking your team....I like my team as well. Up until I got my new job I hadnt missed a game in like 15 years.....Doesnt mean I like everything they do.

Again, this wasnt you, but someone started a thread asking "Why the negativity?" and then complained about the negativity.....Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that????

Old
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Opus

Quote:
Again, this wasnt you, but someone started a thread asking "Why the negativity?" and then complained about the negativity.....Am I the only one that sees something wrong with that????

There is no reason to be constantly negative towards the current team and how were performing, none. Embrace it, we have a solid team.

Old
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
There is no reason to be constantly negative towards the current team and how were performing, none. Embrace it, we have a solid team.
First of all, I am not constantly negative....I make negative comments about Stevens, and a few here and there about Jones. Thats it. I am hardly on here these days and most of the time I am on here defending people....Briere, Hartnell, Knuble, Kukkonen, etc. And you will rarely see me in the GDT's cause I watch the game with my father or my son.

I answered your question, "Why the negativity?" and you didnt like the answer.

Don't ask for something unless you are prepared to actually discuss it.

And with that said, your key word in your post was "solid" Yes, we have a solid team. A solid team, as opposed to a great team, implies that there are issues that can and should be addressed, doesnt it??

Well, some of us like discussing those rather than pretending everything is perfect. Sorry if we are realistic.

Old
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Briere was a good signing. Holmer couldnt rely on Richards and Carter breaking out. And having Briere probably took pressure off them that they felt in 06-07

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote