HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks chasing Bouwmeester

Old
03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Jonas1235

vCash: 500
The deal would probably start with Edler....

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
Why would Ohlund waive it? If he were being dealt to a legitimate Cup contender, I could see it. But Florida?
He said if MG asked him to waive his NTC he would consider it.

Payaso619* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
the philly offer might be better, but what happens if florida moves up one spot and faces the flyers in the first round? what happens the year after that?

martin should be looking towards the west, where bouwmeester will hardly ever come back to haunt them
This makes no sense. We aren't giving him away, we'll be getting something in return. The deal which should be made should be the one that makes the team better. We shouldn't take a deal that isn't as good at the expense of trading him out of conference just so we have to avoid the possibility of playing him.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
This makes no sense. We aren't giving him away, we'll be getting something in return. The deal which should be made should be the one that makes the team better not at the expense of trading him out of conference just so we have to avoid the possibility of playing him.
well JVR won't help you this year, and Bouwmeester>Lupul.

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
This makes no sense. We aren't giving him away, we'll be getting something in return. The deal which should be made should be the one that makes the team better not at the expense of trading him out of conference just so we have to avoid the possibility of playing him.
I'm crossing my fingers for a bidding war and hope one of the GM's get caught up in the "hunt", and end up overpaying.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterchild420 View Post
ohlund will NOT be resigned by us.might as well trade him for a younger version.IMO
Why would Florida trade Bouwmeester for an impending free agent? If they trade Bouwmeester, they want a defenceman that is A) young (or youngish) and B) signed. Ohlund is neither of those.

Bieksa or Edler would have to be going the other way.

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckered View Post
I can't see the Canucks putting together a better package than the Flyers.
Fortunately the Canucks aren't competing with Florida for a playoff spot so they don't have to match Philly's offer - Martin probably wants Bouwmeester as far from the Panthers as possible if he's trading him in the middle of the playoff race.

Kesler and Burrows are really non-starters for me. Especially for an UFA-to-be.

Bieksa or Edler, Grabner or Raymond, 1st round pick. Honestly, I don't know if Mike Gillis would be willing to give up that much considering by all accounts Bouwmeester is headed to Western Canada this off-season, and we'll be in a great position to offer him a competitive contract.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
timorousme
luongod

if you want Martin to bolster the roster of a possible playoff opponent, have fun

Old
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Why would Florida trade Bouwmeester for an impending free agent?
Ohlund has said he'd be willing to waive his NTC to go to a team that would re-sign him. Who knows, perhaps Florida could be that team? I still think Bieksa makes more sense for Florida. Signed for two more seasons at a reasonable $3.75M and would replace JayBo's offensive contributions, although isn't as polished defensively.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Because he's proven to be good in the playoffs, and is a playoff veteran. Could be valuable for their young team. In addition, he would only go there if he had intentions to re-sign with them.

Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Fortunately the Canucks aren't competing with Florida for a playoff spot so they don't have to match Philly's offer - Martin probably wants Bouwmeester as far from the Panthers as possible if he's trading him in the middle of the playoff race.

Kesler and Burrows are really non-starters for me. Especially for an UFA-to-be.

Bieksa or Edler, Grabner or Raymond, 1st round pick. Honestly, I don't know if Mike Gillis would be willing to give up that much considering by all accounts Bouwmeester is headed to Western Canada this off-season, and we'll be in a great position to offer him a competitive contract.
Isn't Burrows an upcoming UFA? I thought I heard that on NHL Live today.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Grub
First Line Troll

I think instead we shouild aim for kaberle.

I think it will be cheaper.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan666666 View Post
except he has a little thing called a No Trade Clause
which he is willing to waive

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
lefty2time*

it'll b ohlund, raymond, 1st, and maybe a mid lvl prospect.

nux will only pursue if bouwmeeester has the intension to resign.

ohlunf said that he would move one time not twice!. so any trade involving him , expect him to resign.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Because Bouwmeester is an impending free agent?

Because Florida isn't looking to rebuild, they're fighting for a solid playoff seed?

Because it would give them months to work out a contract with a legitimate top four, minute gobbling defenceman to help fill the void left by Bouwmeester's inevitable departure?

Because Ohlund wouldn't be the only piece going Florida's way in a deal?

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Ohlund is on the record as saying he'll only waive his NTC to go to a playoff team, who is willing to retain him long term. He's not really a rental considering he's looking to sign long term with whatever team trades for him, and has little interest in moving around.

That being said, I still think Florida is looking at Edler or Bieksa.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bourdon

Quote:
That's the biggest thing...Vancouver's offer helps them now. Reminds me of the Richards trade rumors of last year. I thought Vancouver's offer was better, but Dallas' trade could help Tampa more in the short term.

I still don't know how Philadelphia make Bouwmeester fit cap-wise.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
but you have to balance everything out...

if you're making your team slightly better by moving him, but a rival that you can face in the 1st round considerably better, doesn't it make more sense to just keep him?

I'm not suggesting that the panthers give him away to the west instead of trading him to the East, but IMO as far as value goes, all things being equal you move him to the West, and unless a playoff team in the East severely overpays for him making your team considerably better, more so than the team you could face in the 1st round, you're better off just holding on to JBo for a playoff run.

After so many years not making the playoffs, giving away tickets in that market this year, you'd think that there is a huge emphasis on the playoffs this year... and sitting only 3 pts up on a 9th place spot, trading JBo can't be a given at this point...

IMO they look at a good pkg that helps their team this year from the West... if they can't find it, they should hold on to him instead of improving a rival team more than you'd be able to improve your own team by dealing him.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jonathan Iilahti*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
Because he's proven to be good in the playoffs, and is a playoff veteran. Could be valuable for their young team. In addition, he would only go there if he had intentions to re-sign with them.
Wait... we're talking about Mattias Ohlund, correct?

Jonathan Iilahti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Matthias becomes expendable plus I wasn't arguing specific trades. I was arguing taking the best option regardless of conference.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHodgson View Post

He's greatly overrated by the majority of Canucks fans, and he has been brutal this year, but the guy does play well in the playoffs regardless. I don't know how useful he would be to our team, but on an inexperienced team like Floriday his value increases regardless of his blunders.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
but you have to balance everything out...

if you're making your team slightly better by moving him, but a rival that you can face in the 1st round considerably better, doesn't it make more sense to just keep him?

I'm not suggesting that the panthers give him away to the west instead of trading him to the East, but IMO as far as value goes, all things being equal you move him to the West, and unless a playoff team in the East severely overpays for him making your team considerably better, more so than the team you could face in the 1st round, you're better off just holding on to JBo for a playoff run.

After so many years not making the playoffs, giving away tickets in that market this year, you'd think that there is a huge emphasis on the playoffs this year... and sitting only 3 pts up on a 9th place spot, trading JBo can't be a given at this point...

IMO they look at a good pkg that helps their team this year from the West... if they can't find it, they should hold on to him instead of improving a rival team more than you'd be able to improve your own team by dealing him.
No, you should take whatever deal makes your team better regardless of if you might meet that team later on. The possibility still arises that you could meet the team you traded if both make it ot the finals.

Old
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHodgson View Post
i was gonna mention something about how pauser was playing suspiciously nice

oops, two posts too late

Old
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Agree with a poster above, why would Florida get much more than Campbell got (1st and Bernier) last year...

If Jay Bouwmeester gets a similar deal to Campbell it should be Raymond and a 1st with a conditional pick based on playoff success or re-signing.

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:
No, you should take whatever deal makes your team better regardless of if you might meet that team later on. The possibility still arises that you could meet the team you traded if both make it ot the finals.
something tells me there's a far greater chance of a philly florida first round series than a canucks florida finals