HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks chasing Bouwmeester

Old
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
I think lemaire screwed burns by putting him as a forward.
I take burns over bouwmeester any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Burns also has more grit and intensity imo.

rafalski might be on the way down, but atm hes better imo.
I still really disagree.
Rafalski is playing with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom...and co.

I think I've seen enough Burns to think he will not be any better than Canada Bouwmeester.

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
you would take him over, are you crazy?
Goals and assists aren't the only way to judge defencemen. Phaneuf I watch a lot and have seen him give the puck up and make mistakes quite a lot this year. Wouldn't surprise me if Bouwmeester has been better all around this year.

Haven't watched much of Green myself but I doubt his defensive work is as good as his offensive work or we'd be hearing a lot more about him.

Only fanboys judge defencemen strictly on goals and points.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
I still really disagree.
Rafalski is playing with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom...and co.

I think I've seen enough Burns to think he will not be any better than Canada Bouwmeester.

rafalski was playing in a defensive system in new jersey and still put up high points

burns and jaybo were in the world championship a year ago. and burns/green were clearly the 2 best dmen in that tourney.

burns is getting severely underrated from a wasted season playing as a forward.

considering we are both canuck fans no doubt we see a lot of burns. And i rate burns over phaneuf.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
lefty2time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Hes top 5......Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Niedermeyer, Bouwmeester.

I'd take him over Phaneuf, Weber, Green, Markov, Regehr, Boyle, Kaberle, Timonen, etc.

I think that when your talking about players that good..top 10 top 5 or whatever...whos better than who becomes opinion and not fact.

Maybe you like different certain styles of play or whatever....

I'm not arguing with what you said....but i think its hard to say that he's definitely top 5 in the league...it depends on what you want.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
you would take him over, are you crazy?
or on crazy pills?

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
topched88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I don't think anyone wants Mason Raymond.
lol.

topched88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
lefty2time*

Weber Green Phaneuf Pronger Keith Neidermayer Markov are probably better at this moment. They would be more helpful for a cup run.

but when you ask "who'd you rather take" the list changes. Age and contracts come into play.

Old
03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
ShootIt

(Didn't read all of thread, so I'm not for sure if it has been posted already)

I think Florida's chances of resigning Ohlund would be pretty good considering 1. Bryan Allen is there 2. Panthers are becoming a competitive team now.
Ohlund, Grabner + 1st would be a nice deal in my mind.

I would want Edler, Grabner + a 1st, but, I don't think Gillis would want to trade Edler unless Bouwmeester says he will sign a contract there.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

I think Florida's chances of resigning Ohlund would be pretty good considering 1. Bryan Allen is there 2. Panthers are becoming a competitive team now.

I would want Edler, Grabner + a 1st, but, I don't think Gillis would want to trade Edler unless Bouwmeester says he will sign a contract there.
I agree. That would be a very solid deal for both teams.

03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
He definitely has the potential to be a norris winner. but at the moment i take these dman before him.

Lidstrom
Pronger
Niedermayer
Green
Phaneuf
Rafalski
Boyle
Keith
Markov
Burns

I think his high end potential makes him look more valuable, but at the moment those dman make a bigger impact. And in a few years, who knows, the young ones like e.johnson, doughty etc might surpass him.

But one thing is for sure, is that he will be signed as a top 10 dman.
Bouwmeester is much better than Phaneuf and Burns this year. Moving forward I would still take Bouw. If you're looking to the future Keith and maybe Green are the only guy's I consider taking over Bouwmeester.

Have you seen much of his play this year? IMO he's taken a pretty significant step from last season.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
David71

pick jaybo up. give up ohlund, raymond 1st. its worth the risk

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
crazyforhockey

Edler doesnt get traded for anyone.I would not do Edler for Bouwmeister and a 1st.

Thats not a comment on Jay at all but rather a statement on Edler.Hes struggling a bit this year (although he has turned it around)but hes only 22 and he has 29 pts now.100 mph howitzer,great skater,big and very talented.Signed for a few years at a great wage.

With Bieksa straight up for Bouwmeister,point wise as per discussed.I agree that Phi has the deeper pkg of forwards.It is still alot to give up by Phi unless they get a goalie too-imo.

So maybe its O'brien,Raymond,1st and 4th,or replacing O brien with Ohlund.I thought we had a better shot at Neidmeyer from Anh if he was available,just because PHi had to give up wingers to create space

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
I agree. That would be a very solid deal for both teams.
Of course you do, you're a Canuck fan.

Panthers dont touch that deal. The reason they MAY trade Bouwmeester is because they might lose him to free agency. Martin has also said he wants something that helps him right now.

So Ohlund being a UFA doesnt help him and Grabner isnt something that can help him right now either.

It will have to be a d-man signed beyond this year and a forward who is actually in the NHL. Unless of course its a top prospect, JVR/Hodgson

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Of course you do, you're a Canuck fan.

Panthers dont touch that deal. The reason they MAY trade Bouwmeester is because they might lose him to free agency. Martin has also said he wants something that helps him right now.

So Ohlund being a UFA doesnt help him and Grabner isnt something that can help him right now either.

It will have to be a d-man signed beyond this year and a forward who is actually in the NHL. Unless of course its a top prospect, JVR/Hodgson
How doesn't Ohlund help him now? (Ignoring the fact that he said if he is traded he wants to re-sign with his new team). The fact that Ohlund is a pending UFA means nothing in terms of what he can do for that team between now and June 30, 2009.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I really despise trade discussions with Canuck fans. They and Panther fans will never see eye to eye on players value.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Bouwmeester is much better than Phaneuf and Burns this year. Moving forward I would still take Bouw. If you're looking to the future Keith and maybe Green are the only guy's I consider taking over Bouwmeester.

Have you seen much of his play this year? IMO he's taken a pretty significant step from last season.
I have a few games only, hes got amazing skating stride,reach, good shot, good hockey sense. He did improve a lot but imo both phaneuf/burns have more intensity and grit. And that something i consider as pretty important for a defenseman.

Like i said, it really isn't burns fault that he was used as a forward in minny this year for so long.

Because of their intensity, i see phaneuf/burns having a higher impact in a game. if you take that part out, i think jaybo is better than both.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I really despise trade discussions with Canuck fans. They and Panther fans will never see eye to eye on players value.
Yea, let's leave it to the GM's.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
How doesn't Ohlund help him now? (Ignoring the fact that he said if he is traded he wants to re-sign with his new team). The fact that Ohlund is a pending UFA means nothing in terms of what he can do for that team between now and June 30, 2009.
So why not keep Bouwmeester?

Hes a lot better and can do more than Ohlund can between now and July 1st

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
trbr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
The fans should be the least of your worries, considering the two teams' trade history.

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Weber Green Phaneuf Pronger Keith Neidermayer Markov are probably better at this moment. They would be more helpful for a cup run.

but when you ask "who'd you rather take" the list changes. Age and contracts come into play.
Keith and Markov ARE NOT better than Bouwmeester.

monster_bertuzzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
lefty2time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Keith and Markov ARE NOT better than Bouwmeester.
really? i think so. could be wrong though..i dont see them play as much as i'd like

Old
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Yea, let's leave it to the GM's.
As a Canuck fan keen on what's best for the Canucks, I agree.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
I have a few games only, hes got amazing skating stride,reach, good shot, good hockey sense. He did improve a lot but imo both phaneuf/burns have more intensity and grit. And that something i consider as pretty important for a defenseman.

Like i said, it really isn't burns fault that he was used as a forward in minny this year for so long.

Because of their intensity, i see phaneuf/burns having a higher impact in a game. if you take that part out, i think jaybo is better than both.
Phaneuf has a bright future ahead of him but he's nowhere near Bouwmeester right now. Phaneuf plays the easiest minutes of any regular Flames defender this year and is on the ice for more goals against than goals for. Bouwmeester plays the toughest minutes of any Panther defender and is on the ice for more goals for than against. Phaneuf is better on the PP but is tied with Willie Mitchell in even strength points. The fact Phaneuf is even being mentioned in discussion for team Canada with his current level of play is laughable.

Phaneuf has a higher impact in a game, but only if you count the negative impact along with the positive.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Sear91

Good lord... this is getting freaky! On my NHL 09, the Pens signed Kunitz as a FA and Vancouver traded Daniel Sedin for Bouwmeester... maybe a premonition lol?

Sear91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

NOOOO WAY! What happens if Bouwmeester doesn't re-sign? Worst case scenario for FLA is Ohlund doesn't re-sign, but they still end up with Grabner AND our 2009 1st. If Bouwmeester doesn't re-sign, Vancouver just gave up a HUGEEE chunk of its future, considering Grabner is our 2nd best prospect, and beyong him, Hodgson, oour prospect pool is pretty shallow.

I would say Ohlund+Grabner+CONDITIONAL 2009 1st (on the condition that Ohlund doesn't re-sign or Bouwmeester does re-sign)

Bunter McVirtanen is online now   Reply With Quote